Super Moderator

Default Shelf Life: Crossing More CrossGen Stories Off My List

Ron Marz dips into his trove of CrossGen tales to spin a few more yarns of the late, lamented publisher, and show off some lost art.

Full article here.

Theros906

CrossGen will ultimately be remembers as the little company that should have succeeded. I believe artistically they were cutting edge. They were filling the non-Super-Hero space with a highly diverse slate of titles like Ruse, Scion, the Path, etc, yet still managing to maintain a shared universe. Some of the titles were ahead of their time. It consistently surprises me that no one has done anything with Route 666. With the success of Supernatural and The Walking Dead, you would think this would be a natural.
    My wife, who is not really a super-hero fan, fell in love with some of the titles. Sojourn Meridian, Mystic and others really focused on the non-traditional comic book audience, while providing fans of super-hero comics with the action and adventure, art and writing we were looking for at the time (and not normally getting from Marvel and DC).
    As has been stated in may forums, it just appears the just bit off too much at once.
    Part of my still always hopes the Crossgen Universe would be resurrected (and not the attempt Marvel made a few years ago). Unfortunately, too much time has probably passed. Though I would still like to see the end of the Negation War...