Super Moderator

Default PREVIEW: Amazing Spider-Man, #16

• Spider-Verse is over, but that doesn't mean Peter Parker is safe.
    • Someone (or something) has invaded Parker Industries and is targeting its staff!
    • But how? Parker Industries' security can keep out any living thing?!

Full article here.

BANNED

Sounds like the Living Brain is gonna be causing trouble.

Finally, Peter's greatest nemesis returns in all his robotic glory to destroy Spider-Man.

Guessing this is Otto's last gasp via the Living Brain.

Also, didn't we just have 'Lizardman wants to establish reptile control of the Earth' with Stegron and Sauron in Spider-Man & the X-Men? I know this is just the cold open, but surely Slott could avoid retreading something that was only just done.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Yvonmukluk View Post
    ...didn't we just have 'Lizardman wants to establish reptile control of the Earth' with Stegron and Sauron in Spider-Man & the X-Men? I know this is just the cold open, but surely Slott could avoid retreading something that was only just done.
    Comics are made months ahead of time. The SATXM book is put out through the X-Office and sometimes characters are so off the beaten path, that things slip through the cracks. Like, who'd think we'd be doing an Iguana beat that was similar to a Stegron beat? But sometimes... that happens. All we can really say is: Sorry. We try our best, but sometimes we slip-- especially right after a mega-crossover with lots of moving pieces like Spider-Verse.

BANNED

Eh..one sure thing you can say about the world of Marvel...sometimes the same threats will frequently persist, even days after their latest scheme comes undone. Just the way the wheel keeps turning.

iMan 42s

I actually got a chuckle out of Peter's comment about being better looking than Iguana and this is being drawn by Ramos. Nothing against Ramos but his humans always looked weird to me.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Incredible Member

Really enjoying the flow of this preview.

BANNED

Looks great. Happy to get back to some regular Spidey action after Spider-Verse. I enjoyed SV overall but it was a little bit too much of a packed house.

Quote Originally Posted by cyberhubbs View Post
    Sounds like the Living Brain is gonna be causing trouble.

Finally, Peter's greatest nemesis returns in all his robotic glory to destroy Spider-Man.
    Question is will the Living Brain be the main threat of the arc or will Ghost have something to do with what's going on?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Question is will the Living Brain be the main threat of the arc or will Ghost have something to do with what's going on?
    Oh yeah. Forgot Ghost was gonna be in this arc.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Slott View Post
    Comics are made months ahead of time. The SATXM book is put out through the X-Office and sometimes characters are so off the beaten path, that things slip through the cracks. Like, who'd think we'd be doing an Iguana beat that was similar to a Stegron beat? But sometimes... that happens. All we can really say is: Sorry. We try our best, but sometimes we slip-- especially right after a mega-crossover with lots of moving pieces like Spider-Verse.
    Dear Mr. Slott ( being professional not sarcastic). I wanted to thank you for taking the time out of your day, to explain what happened, and I do understand that Marvel (like the rest of us) is not perfect. Let's just hope it is a great story, and if it is then any mistake might actually become a good thing. ��

The good kind of noise SpiderOrange's Avatar

We all give Slott such a hard time, I'm really happy though that he persists in reading and commenting on the boards. He takes a lot of abuse from us here but still adds information when necessary.
    "This. Right here. This is where my life officially jumped the shark." Miles Morales
    "No, that was back on Cowboy world", Ultimate Cartoon Spidey
    ASM Vol 3, #12

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderOrange View Post
    We all give Slott such a hard time, I'm really happy though that he persists in reading and commenting on the boards. He takes a lot of abuse from us here but still adds information when necessary.
    In agreement. I'm not the biggest fan of his Spidey work (I'm sort of 50/50), but I respect him as a professional and because he is as big a kid and a fan as the rest of us and makes the case for the books he writes. I also respect his assertiveness, he gives you stories that cause a reaction and he relishes in your reaction to it.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by R.K.Z View Post
    In agreement. I'm not the biggest fan of his Spidey work (I'm sort of 50/50), but I respect him as a professional and because he is as big a kid and a fan as the rest of us and makes the case for the books he writes. I also respect his assertiveness, he gives you stories that cause a reaction and he relishes in your reaction to it.
    Slott's doing what he's hired to do.