Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default PREVIEW: Amazing Spider-Man Special, #1

ATTACK ON NEW ATTILAN!
    • A blockbuster three-part story spanning AMAZING SPIDER-MAN, INHUMAN and ALL-NEW CAPTAIN AMERICA starts here!
    • Something BIG wants to destroy New Attilan. The fact that New Attilan is in the Hudson River puts Manhattan and Spider-Man right in its crosshairs!
    • Jeff Loveness (The Jimmy Kimmel Show, DEATH OF WOLVERINE: LOGAN'S LEGACY) pens all three chapters with tremendous artists like Luca Pizzari and connecting variants by super star ADAM KUBERT!

Full article here.

BANNED

Poor Spidey, never could catch a break.

Amazing Member

Didnt he just lose his spider sense?

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Man24 View Post
    It's weakened but not gone, and the great web is being repaired as best as possible.

Also, leaving that burrito there is gonna be gross when he comes back for it, if he comes back.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Man24 View Post
    He got it back after not too long (Spider Island, maybe?). It was an interesting idea to have him without it for a while, but no way was that going to stay the long-term status quo.

"Stay there burrito, we're not finished" may be my new favorite Spider-Man line.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Ravin' Ray is correct. Because of the damage the Great Web of Life and Destiny sustained thanks to Otto killing the Master Weaver and then trying to destroy the Web entirely to avoid having to return to and play out a future where he lost to Peter again, Peter's spider-sense is more clouded than it used to be, as it works by reading signals passed through the many threads of the Web of Life. Since that Web is damaged, the signals don't travel as well as they would have otherwise, much like how nerve damage makes it harder for people to walk, talk, or think because the nerve impulses can't transmit themselves to complete the intended action as effectively as they once could.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

who cares...most of these specials and annuals, whatever....suck and have NOTHING to do with the main storyline. They are not worth the money....
    MY Pull List: MARVEL: Amazing Spider-man, Spider-Man 2099, Star Wars DC: Earth 2: society, Superman, Action, Batman, Batman Beyond, titans, teen titans; IMAGE: Lazarus, Outcast, Southern Bastards IDW: Star Trek: Boldly Go VALIANT Ninjak

I'm amazed he willing eats breakfast burritos .

This doesn't seem that interesting of a story, and really with the last special I was only reading it cause of SpOck's interactions with everyone involved.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by Venom2099 View Post
    who cares...most of these specials and annuals, whatever....suck and have NOTHING to do with the main storyline. They are not worth the money....
    Annuals and specials, by definition, don't necessarily have to be in sequence with the main title. As to most of them sucking and not worth the money… to each his own, our mileage will vary with our own individual enjoyment.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

I just read this and loved it. Top notch banter, this guy should write more Spidey in the future. I can't wait for the Inhumans special and to see how the All New Captain America series will tie into things.

I found Spider-Man to be a little TOO quippy, but otherwise I enjoyed it. I like that it brings Red Raven and Sky Island into the Inhumans story, since it seems Soule doesn't seem to be using them in the main series. They are Inhumans and should be addressed in some form with the new status quo.

Quote Originally Posted by Aruran. View Post
    I'm amazed he willing eats breakfast burritos .
    Anybody member way back when to those days where Peter use to have problems eating spicy food because of an ulcer?

Quote Originally Posted by Ragdoll View Post
    I just read this and loved it. Top notch banter, this guy should write more Spidey in the future. I can't wait for the Inhumans special and to see how the All New Captain America series will tie into things.
    Unfortunately, I really am not interested in the Inhumans or Falc-Cap, so I'm passing on this.

By the way, why is Spidey singing a take-off on a disco hit from the 1970s?

Before I read into this issue, what exactly is the difference between Annuals and Specials? I don't think I've ever seen a special on DC, but if there has I've never seen one within the New 52.

Niffleheim

This was hilarious. What about that kid that kept calling him Blade?
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

worth picking up? was discouraged by theprice tag