Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Tron View Post
    worth picking up? was discouraged by theprice tag
    It is part 1 of a 3 part story, to be told in the upcoming Inhumans Special and All New Captain America Special. I never feel comfortable suggesting someone spend money on something that could wind up going nowhere, so maybe wait for a trade release of the whole story, saves money and reviews of the story as a whole will make the purchase decision easier.

Quote Originally Posted by N'Dare View Post
    This was hilarious. What about that kid that kept calling him Blade?
    "I'm not Blade and where are you even getting that from?"

haha it made me laugh too! Some of the one-liners were a little - I dont know what the word is - I just felt like at times the writer(s) were trying to hard to fit in some quips and japes. Overall, though, I really enjoyed the beginning of this 3-book story. Sure it has nothing to do with the main books but most specials and annuals step away from the mainline for that issue.

I can't help but think this somehow ties in to Inhuman and Attlian Rising Secret Wars series so it may not tie in to the current ASM arc, but hopefully it ties in to something coming up soon

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Tron View Post
    worth picking up? was discouraged by theprice tag
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragdoll View Post
    It is part 1 of a 3 part story, to be told in the upcoming Inhumans Special and All New Captain America Special. I never feel comfortable suggesting someone spend money on something that could wind up going nowhere, so maybe wait for a trade release of the whole story, saves money and reviews of the story as a whole will make the purchase decision easier.
    I agree with Ragdoll, it is hard to answer "worth the price" for someone else. If you do choose to buy it, I think you will enjoy it just keep in mind if you want to know how it ends, you'll end up needing to buy 2 more issues which will probably be the same price. If you're not comfortable with that perhaps trade wait or wait for a pre-read copy to show up on an online auction site for a little less than cover price...

I was a bit wary of this, but I'm so glad I tried it. If Jeff Loveless fancies writing Spidey full time then take my money Marvel! The art was better than I've seen in a Spidey comic for a while too.

Well worth giving it a try, really enjoyed it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by strathcona View Post
    I found Spider-Man to be a little TOO quippy, but otherwise I enjoyed it. I like that it brings Red Raven and Sky Island into the Inhumans story, since it seems Soule doesn't seem to be using them in the main series. They are Inhumans and should be addressed in some form with the new status quo.
    No such thing. Spider-Man is marvels premier motormouth, which marvel is forgetting over there pet mercenary who is a rip off of the guy.

Superior Spider-fan Agent Scarlet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jimishim12 View Post
    No such thing. Spider-Man is marvels premier motormouth, which marvel is forgetting over there pet mercenary who is a rip off of the guy.
    I don't know, it seemed like all he did this issue was make quips, he didn't seem to have any non-quippy dialog.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Weevil View Post
    He got it back after not too long (Spider Island, maybe?). It was an interesting idea to have him without it for a while, but no way was that going to stay the long-term status quo.

"Stay there burrito, we're not finished" may be my new favorite
    Spider-Man line.
    Yeah im not talking about spider island, im talking about 2 weeks ago, but keep reading...

That poor burrito...
    "Magneto, you ARE the father!"

All-New, All-Different Mighty Roman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Grayson View Post
    Before I read into this issue, what exactly is the difference between Annuals and Specials? I don't think I've ever seen a special on DC, but if there has I've never seen one within the New 52.
    Each year (Since 2012) Marvel has a trilogy of Extra-long Specials, each of which focuses on a different character, but makes up one big story. For example, 2014 had uncanny X-Men Special, Iron Man Special and Nova Special, which made up the story 'No End in sight.'

Annuals are just double length issues that come out every year.
    Currently Reading in Single Issues/Trades:
    Marvel:Hulk (NOW), Ant-Man (NOW), Avengers: Time Runs Out,
    DC:Earth 2, Superman: Earth One, The Flash,
    Titan: Doctor Who: The Tenth Doctor, Doctor Who: Four Doctors,
    Upcoming:
    Secret Wars: Planet Hulk, The Last Days of Ant-Man, House of M,
    Marvel:Totally Awesome Hulk, Astonishing Ant-Man, Carnage,
    DC:Earth 2: Society,
    Titan:Doctor Who: The Tenth Doctor Year 2, Doctor Who: The Eighth Doctor,
    Co-Editor of CBR's Age of Marvel Amazing Line

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Scarlet View Post
    I don't know, it seemed like all he did this issue was make quips, he didn't seem to have any non-quippy dialog.
    It seemed like he stepped into a time machine, too, and into the person he was pre-millenium with that debilitating shyness and Inhumans-lore naivety. This would have had much better reception to readers who haven't been following his growth for decades because in the end this Spidey internal to this story was one heck of a likable guy still. The attention paid to recent continuity is appreciated but all that seemed mooted with the defeatist appearance of Spidey being so unfamiliar with Medusa, Lockjaw and the likes.
    Last edited by Bookem Danno; 04-08-2015 at 03:01 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Venom2099 View Post
    who cares...most of these specials and annuals, whatever....suck and have NOTHING to do with the main storyline. They are not worth the money....
    They should be used to cap off a story or to write an interesting one-shot issue. But call this a lack of Editorial oversight...