Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    Now all we need are Peacemaker and Peter Cannon, Thunderbolt...
    Once again, I must point out that DC no longer has the rights to Peter Cannon, Thunderbolt. The rights reverted to the estate of his creator, Pete Morisi, who last licensed them to Dynamite Press.

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Timber Wolf-By-Night View Post
    Once again, I must point out that DC no longer has the rights to Peter Cannon, Thunderbolt. The rights reverted to the estate of his creator, Pete Morisi, who last licensed them to Dynamite Press.
    Honestly I did not know that.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    You want me to spoiler tag what I already posted, or you want me to post spoilers about what she does?
    The latter please.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    The latter please.
    Sure thing!

spoilers:
    As Deathstroke and Robin are working on one of Deathstroke's jobs, which turns out to be protecting an asset rather than killing one, Nightshade attacks Slade. Ed Benes draws a very sexy and creepy Nightshade - big fan of the look and action. She tries to attack Slade, but his sword absorbs her shadow energy. So she uses her shadow raven to send Damian into the shadow realm, and reveals that she's semi-detached from the Suicide Squad, and everyone's after a superweapon that Deathstroke's asset conceals. Deathstroke and Nightshade bargain for the superweapon's key (in a flash drive) and Robin's life, and Deathstroke enters the shadows to get Robin. Because his sword has absorbed so much shadow energy, it destabilizes the shadows and both of them fall out into reality. Slade and Damian give Nightshade a fake key to the superweapon, and she leaves happily.
    end of spoilers
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Sure thing!

spoilers:
    As Deathstroke and Robin are working on one of Deathstroke's jobs, which turns out to be protecting an asset rather than killing one, Nightshade attacks Slade. Ed Benes draws a very sexy and creepy Nightshade - big fan of the look and action. She tries to attack Slade, but his sword absorbs her shadow energy. So she uses her shadow raven to send Damian into the shadow realm, and reveals that she's semi-detached from the Suicide Squad, and everyone's after a superweapon that Deathstroke's asset conceals. Deathstroke and Nightshade bargain for the superweapon's key (in a flash drive) and Robin's life, and Deathstroke enters the shadows to get Robin. Because his sword has absorbed so much shadow energy, it destabilizes the shadows and both of them fall out into reality. Slade and Damian give Nightshade a fake key to the superweapon, and she leaves happily.
    end of spoilers

Huh. Seems rather ooc for her but a lot of people are like this in Priest's Deathstroke.

Thanks anyway.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Huh. Seems rather ooc for her but a lot of people are like this in Priest's Deathstroke.

Thanks anyway.
    I mean, Priest always has his distinct ways of writing everyone, but I thought Nightshade was pretty cool here.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

AtanaNight

Quote Originally Posted by silly View Post
    i remember collecting those when i was a kid. do kids these days still collect trading cards? because i haven't seen dc cards lately.
    I have a TON Of them..... I am not sure what they go for though... Any thoughts?

Fantastic Member

I always wanted a nightshade batman team up they come from similar backgrounds of tragedy and besides she is less emotional than bruce too.

Quote Originally Posted by nonsense man View Post
    I always wanted a nightshade batman team up they come from similar backgrounds of tragedy and besides she is less emotional than bruce too.
    She actually isn't.

This isn't new news, but it should be posted in this thread.
    I am excited that ol' No-Face Guy looks like he might be making his return... the only question is, "which The Question will we get?"
    https://www.cbr.com/the-question-ret...action-comics/
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 10-19-2018 at 12:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    This isn't new news, but it should be posted in this thread.
    I am excited that ol' No-Face Guy looks like he might be making his return... the only question is, "which The Question will we get?"
    https://www.cbr.com/the-question-ret...action-comics/
    I'm not sure what you mean by "which The Question will we get?" since that article and the images shown seem to imply we're back to the original Question (Vic Sage), not the Renee Montoya version and not the New52/Trinity of Sin version. (Now, whether the article is incorrectly assuming things could be another . . . possibility.)

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    I'm not sure what you mean by "which The Question will we get?" since that article and the images shown seem to imply we're back to the original Question (Vic Sage), not the Renee Montoya version and not the New52/Trinity of Sin version. (Now, whether the article is incorrectly assuming things could be another . . . possibility.)
    I meant that even though it's probably Vic, we've seen Vic go through different iterations depending on the creatives involved - the Objectivist, the Zen guy, the Conspiracy Nut, the Urban Shaman, etc...

Question_correct.jpg
    There... that's better.

Also, in honor of Vic's return: