Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

I like the character too and forgot he's still apart of the DCU...unlike Peter Cannon, Thunderbolt.

"History of the DC Universe" by Wolfman and Perez, when the DCU use to make sense.

the powers of Son of Vulcan are too similiar to the one of Captain Marvel. I think this is why we dont see him anymore. It will confuse readers to have two characters that draw theirs powers from the same gods.

Astonishing Member

Was thrilled to see the Showcase Blue Beetle solicitated a little while ago. Can't wait to read it. Also, I know it wasn't really very good at all, but I'd quite like DC's "Living Assault Weapons" Charlton Team series to get a collection.

And, whilst we're at it, the wierd Edwards "urban shaman" Question series from the early noughties. If for no other reason than it's a portrayal much more in keeping with the current version than Denny O'Neil's.

(And whilst we're at that, would it kill DC to collect the rest of the O'Neil Question? Sure, the series ended but there're enough Quaterlies, Annuals and appearances in other titles to get a another couple of good trades out!)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by joebleau View Post
    the powers of Son of Vulcan are too similiar to the one of Captain Marvel. I think this is why we dont see him anymore. It will confuse readers to have two characters that draw theirs powers from the same gods.
    Not to mention , DC already has one vulcan who fought the JSA & all-star squadron.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by marshal99 View Post
    Not to mention , DC already has one vulcan who fought the JSA & all-star squadron.

My 2nd favorite JSA villain of all time right after The Wizard!
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    [COLOR="#B22222"]One day, Nightshade....one day..... you will get your moment in the sun.

I loved Nightshade in the Shadowpact series.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Man I miss THAT Captain Atom.

I would even be happy if we got this look back as long as it meant that Dr. Manhattan lite version from the Nu52 would be gone.

True. The Nu52 captain atom look too much like the old Doctor Solar. (god im old lol )

Last edited by joebleau; 05-20-2014 at 02:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by marshal99 View Post

That's Vulcan, the father of the Son of Vulcan.
    Anyway, I suppose the next iteration of the characters will be in Multiversity in their own earth, something then now I believe, we never had seen before.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post

Man I miss THAT Captain Atom.

I would even be happy if we got this look back as long as it meant that Dr. Manhattan lite version from the Nu52 would be gone.

I can't agree enough with you.

Peace

BANNED

But who questions....the Question?

Astonishing Member

[COLOR="#B22222"]One day, Nightshade....one day..... you will get your moment in the sun.
    I think the character had a little too much baggage from Suicide Squad to see high use, but new 52 is a great chance to simplify her somewhat, where is John Ostrander when you need him?

I really wish she had made the cut to be member of the JL Animated Series:

http://themightymite.blogspot.com/20...-question.html

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    I think the character had a little too much baggage from Suicide Squad to see high use, but new 52 is a great chance to simplify her somewhat, where is John Ostrander when you need him?

I really wish she had made the cut to be member of the JL Animated Series:

http://themightymite.blogspot.com/20...-question.html
    How is the Suicide Squad stuff hindering the character?

Yep, me too. She never made it onto the expanded line up on JLU either.

Astonishing Member

How is the Suicide Squad stuff hindering the character?

Yep, me too. She never made it onto the expanded line up on JLU either.

The whole possessed by an evil demon thing and the Enchantress was a bit too much baggage for the character I think. (Even though it gave her a much cooler power set) Keep her power set, and retcon the Nightshade Odyssey storyline a little.

ShadowPact actually did what they could with it, but the character in ShadowPact was not the same one in Suicide Squad.

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    The whole possessed by an evil demon thing and the Enchantress was a bit too much baggage for the character I think. (Even though it gave her a much cooler power set) Keep her power set, and retcon the Nightshade Odyssey storyline a little.

ShadowPact actually did what they could with it, but the character in ShadowPact was not the same one in Suicide Squad.
    I think it's actually beneficial to the character because it gives her greater ties to the DCU with a connection through June Moon and it develops her world more.

My favorite costume for her is the one she wore after combining with the Enchantress spirit:

With the continuity wiped clean, it gives the writers opportunity to start fresh with the character. Her origin, motivation and fear about confronting the main villain could make for some great story telling. Justice League Dark is a good place for her to show up, imo and we already have June Moon there.