Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    It's good to see there is love for these characters but as I read about the Charlton heroes, but I just discovered than beyond the Ghost I didn't know a lot about Charlton villians. Which one was the most relevant?
    I always liked the Question's arch-nemesis The Banshee! A robber who commited crimes by use of his helium-filled backpack, in his first appearance he's defeated when the Question opens a window and he drifts out to sea.

My favorite look for Nightshade, but I wouldn't mind seeing a pant version of it.

This one is good too, with normal skin color.

"History of the DC Universe" by Wolfman and Perez, when the DCU use to make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Herowatcher View Post
    My favorite look for Nightshade, but I wouldn't mind seeing a pant version of it.

This one is good too, with normal skin color.

Personally, I prefer her with pale chalk white skin.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Personally, I prefer her with pale chalk white skin.

This is the only time I liked Nightshade with the pale chalk white skin.

"History of the DC Universe" by Wolfman and Perez, when the DCU use to make sense.

This is the only time I liked Nightshade with the pale chalk white skin.

Not a fan of that particular look.

I much prefer this one:

And this one:

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Helmet design aside, I really like the Peacemaker character. After his introduction in Crisis on Infinite Earths, DC went over the top with him. He became DC’s Punisher, which was never the characters true direction. His father was a military officer turned statesman, while his mother, a laboratory researcher. I see Peacemaker more of combination of James Bond and MacGyver, where he handles world threats before they can escalate using non-lethal methods as much as possible. He has his own private mansion in the Swiss Alps complete with hidden aircraft hangar. Nora O’Rouke should return as his assistant and unofficial undercover operative. Peacemaker is a hero that can have adventures in any country and team up with international heroes. "Peace through strength".
    Last edited by Herowatcher; 07-19-2014 at 01:22 AM.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

My favorite of the Charlton characters has always been Nightshade. The only time I didn't care for her was in the LAW mini series which stripped her of any personality at all including giving her the only bad costume she's worn. I didn't even mind the shorts she sported in the Shadowpact series.

Blue Beetle fell in at number two.

Of all the Charlton characters these are the two I miss the most. I really wish they would do something with Nightshade.

With Multiversity finally coming out I'm not sure how I'll like what Morrison does with the DC/Charlton heroes.
    I hear Captain Atom will be more like Dr. Manhattan....and that doesn't trill me at all!

Fantastic Member

Nightshade would be an excellent Justice League Dark member or if they want nostalgia they can have her rejoin the Suicide Squad.

Quote Originally Posted by Kapparition View Post
    Nightshade would be an excellent Justice League Dark member or if they want nostalgia they can have her rejoin the Suicide Squad.
    Oh the good old days when this team first formed with Nightshade and Captain Boomerang.
    Nightshade works best as a government agent like in her original Charlton days (IMHO).

Funny...I happened upon this while looking at internet sites.

Punch and Jewelee were introduced into the DCU at the same time as the heroes.
    I had forgotten this scene from Crisis on Infinite Earths #9....cool.

Last edited by Herowatcher; 08-11-2014 at 11:26 PM.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

With Multiversity finally coming out I'm not sure how I'll like what Morrison does with the DC/Charlton heroes.
    I hear Captain Atom will be more like Dr. Manhattan....and that doesn't trill me at all!

I have a bad feeling all we are going to see is Morrison doing his version of the Watchman characters just using the originals instead. I hope I am wrong and he is not doing the easy and very predictable thing here, but I have my doubts. I just want to see these characters used without the shadow of Watchmen hanging over them. The pretty much ruined Captain Atom in the Nu52 because of having to make him Doctor Manhatten lite instead of letting him actually be Captain Atom.

Astonishing Member

Oh the good old days when this team first formed with Nightshade and Captain Boomerang.
    Nightshade works best as a government agent like in her original Charlton days (IMHO).

Yeah, she works best as a stealth operative. (Who also happens to be pretty powerful if the $hit hits the fan)

I didn't like what they did with her powers in Shadow Pact, where they basically made her like a Green Lantern, except her constructs were black.

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    Yeah, she works best as a stealth operative. (Who also happens to be pretty powerful if the $hit hits the fan)

I didn't like what they did with her powers in Shadow Pact, where they basically made her like a Green Lantern, except her constructs were black.
    I wasn't a fan of how Nightshade was used in Shadow Pact. I liked her original abilities to teleport and become a tangible shadow. However, I did like how she was able use her "shadow force" as an extension of herself when holding Superman in her clutches at one point. (Superman/Batman: Public Enemy).

^^^^

Aparo was always a fantastic artist.

Peace