Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Frodo- and Boromir, the guy who got flung into the wall by a thing that crushes stone like it's a soda can- were the only ones who were ever it; and Frodo was wearing

If we're talking about the Troll (Battle Troll the Doombard, best name ever) at the end, that thing was literally going to kill him before the "Eye That's Almost Sauron", died. His ability to fight was due to mobility. Soon as it connected Aragorn was like "well damn, I'm dead". So I can agree that, while their strength is similar, Flash isn't killing it before he tires out.

NOW, a group effort by everyone involved, yea, they'll drop the cave Troll.

Then the Balrog kills them all.

- discounting MOS Superman for the purpose of this actually being a talk, by the way. He'd roll Moria becuase his daddy didn't love him.
    Ah, Memory is a still fuzzy as it has been years since I saw the movies. Could have sworn he was outright blocking the Trolls sword strikes before being sent into the ground. Guess not.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

Quote Originally Posted by WarrenPeace View Post
    This is live action JLA verses the orcs of Moria, including the cave troll and the balrog. The JLA must start where the Fellowship did and make it through the mines to the other side of the Misty Mountains.

JL members will be:
    Bale Batman
    MoS Superman
    CW Flash
    CW Arrow
    Lynda Carter Wonder Woman

Will the JLA escape the Mines of Moria alive?
    MoS Superman could solo this.
    CW Flash could solo this if only by evading everything.
    Lynda Carter Wonder Woman could probably solo this.
    Even CW Arrow would have a chance if he somehow had an unlimited supply of arrows. Even with just his speed and fighting skills, he might be able to evade his way through it.
    Bale Batman is probably the only one that needs help on this.

Quote Originally Posted by WarrenPeace View Post
    um- okay, we'll skip to the point where they are surrounded by a sea of orcs in that main hall. That should provide somewhat of a challange. Supes and Flash can't do the carry thing with no room to manuver, or at least Flash can't.

...and what's to stop Wonder Woman from doing that spin thing?

Plus I figure Supes would do the obvious thing and goe after the big guys.
    Since this is bloodlust, the Flash grabs up a couple of swords and, before you know it, the whole army is down. The Flash, Superman, WW and Arrow start mowing down the army. With his armor, even Bale Batman survives and takes out a few of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    Ehh for his strength he is actually pretty strong.
    Sorry, I just have to have fun with that one. I'm pretty strong for my strength too. No wait. I know, I know, you meant, for his size.

Ah, Memory is a still fuzzy as it has been years since I saw the movies. Could have sworn he was outright blocking the Trolls sword strikes before being sent into the ground. Guess not.
    I think you're thinking of Return of the King where he did indeed block Troll sword strikes.

Quote Originally Posted by moonknight11 View Post
    I think you're thinking of Return of the King where he did indeed block Troll sword strikes.
    That was the movie I was referring to yes.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

That was the movie I was referring to yes.
    Haha i totally misread your and Cthulu's post. My bad.

There was some back and forth, which was interesting ... given the way Troll's strength was portrayed in the movies to that point. But when the Troll actually connected, Aragon was put on his back. He stabbed him in the foot the one time, IIRC, then was on his back and about to be cut into pieces before the ring died.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Nobody has even mentioned Arrow yet...he's the grumpy Legolas of the group.

Superman is overkill. Flash too provided he's not being stupid

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    What stops Superman and Flash from simply carrying the rest one by one through the mine in a blink of an eye before the orcs even gather in numbers?
    Wasn't the mines pitch dark at places in the tunnels? Torches don't work well at the speed Superman/Flash can run. They can avoid all enemies, but the orc should have time to gather.

Didn't superman have all his vision powers in the movie? I remember Zod at least had X ray vision

Darkness shouldn't be a problem

Considering Super Man had heat vision that can harm kryptonians, yeah he can be the tema's night light of death in burning through Orcs.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Chou Lives View Post
    Considering Super Man had heat vision that can harm kryptonians, yeah he can be the tema's night light of death in burning through Orcs.
    Eh, his heat vision didn't actually hurt any full-bore amped kryptonians that I recall. He used it once in the fight against Zod, but he used it on an i-beam Zod swung at him (not on Zod), and got smashed up for his troubles. Did he use it any other time against a kryptonian?

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Eh, his heat vision didn't actually hurt any full-bore amped kryptonians that I recall. He used it once in the fight against Zod, but he used it on an i-beam Zod swung at him (not on Zod), and got smashed up for his troubles. Did he use it any other time against a kryptonian?
    He panic heat visioned while he was getting dogpiled by Faora and Ursa (that's toally Ursa), it burned Faora's hand, IIRC, and cut into their armor.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan