Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    I'd really like to know what comics Jim Johnson has been reading where "Namor looks out for number one, as always." Cause it certainly hasn't been in Hickman's books, where Namor has been looking out for Atlanteans and then multiple universes, while other members of the Illuminati looked after their own personal desires and morals.

This is the first time I've seen Namor state his goal is his own survival -- which was very much out of character, even with the way Hickman has been writing him. I'm hoping this is more misdirection / a facade for dealing with Black Swan.

I do agree with Jim Johnson about Caselli's art. It's amazing. He's great with the figures and the landscapes and the cosmic , while still able to capture emotions and expressions skillfully.
    I totally agree about Caselli. The guy is great. He can do it all, it seems.

On Namor, I agree it seems a little inconsistent....but maybe at this point it's just the truth coming out? I don't know for sure, but he's not even on his own Earth anymore. Can he claim that he does what he does for his kingdom anymore?

Or maybe he's speaking with Atlantis in mind? Like the royal "we" so to speak?

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    I agree with you in part. There's been times when Hickman is ambiguous or leaves out stuff or doesn't explain enough. I think when it leads to confusion or it's an important plot point, it's annoying. But in this case, it seems more about the reader being patient for a few pages until the point is expanded on with Reed and T'challa. Of course, that's if the Living Tribunal's skin is actually going to be used on the ark and not for another purpose.

I'm not sure if it was necessarily the right choice here (as it's a little confusing), but it seems the way Hickman writes.
    Oh I agree it is vague. I don't think he wants us to know exactly what they're up to. All of the plans we see in this issue are only hinted at...whatever Namor and Swan are up to, whatever the Avengers plan on doing with the Tribunal, T'Challa's ark, Cyclops and the Phoenix egg....it's all done to set up these ideas. We'll see them play out soon.
    Last edited by hawkeyefan; 03-07-2015 at 12:35 AM.