Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Super Moderator

Default REVIEW: Avengers, #42

Jonathan Hickman's epic storyline confidently rolls towards its conclusion in "Avengers" #42 as Stefano Caselli and Frank Martin capture an attractive and fascinating array of personas and technology.

Full review here.

Spectacular Member

ANd I for one, can't wait for it to end. And then hopefully we can get Secret Wars into full gear and get it done with so there might be some small semblance of normalcy in whatever comes out the other end.

Mighty Member

I don't know what a "normal" comic book is, but it sounds terrible.
    I write about the intersection of science, comics and culture. Check it out!

Have Avengers comics ever been "normal"?
    We need better comics

Spectacular Member

I'm just getting very tired of how huge this whole thing has become. I liked Avengers so much more when they numbered in the teens and they fought things that I could understand, not all of this cosmic level crap.

All-New Member

*SPOILERS* I am not a fan of the Living Tribunal being taken out by a bunch of Beyonders, who supposedly are just as strong as maybe the Infinity Gauntlet--which the Living Tribunal is stronger than! (he didn't partake in the Infinity Gauntlet conflict because he didn't think it was worth fighting over) I seem to recall either a comic or guide stating that the LT is supposedly the only one who watches over the multiverse--so if you have ever seen him in a "What If?" or parallel universe tale, it's all the same being! Now it looks like they're going to use his body for something, and I'll keep reading but the whole concept bothers me.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Reed View Post
    I liked Avengers so much more when they numbered in the teens and they fought things that I could understand, not all of this cosmic level crap.
    Yeah! Avengers should never have anything to do with Cosmic. I mean, it's not like they have a history with that type of material so...

Oh.
    Marvel Pull - Fantastic Four, The Immortal Hulk
    DC Pull - The Green Lantern, Goddess Mode
    Indie Pull - The Wrong Earth, High Heaven