Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

The skirt-while-flying question is no more or less worth asking than it ever has been- so I feel completely justified in ignoring it, just as DC has been doing since the fifties.

I like this new costume a lot- and maybe the only thing I don't like about it is the old-school "S". They went full Man of Steel on the color scheme, so I'd have liked to see that same design on the "S".

Eh- they're probably hedging their bets the way I wished Smallville had around 2006- by emphasizing the Superman Returns "S", they dated the show, and by the time Clark actually started wearing an "S" logo, Returns was more or less a footnote in the public mindset. So I can see why they're doing a more traditional "S"- if this show runs for ten seasons and the current series of Superman movies doesn't stay in the public mindset for ten years, the MoS "S" might look kind of silly later on- but I think MoS has more staying power than Returns. Despite understanding that they've got good reason not to use that "S", I wish they had.

Oh well! It doesn't actually hurt the design for me. Still pretty great!

I doubt the Krypton from Man of Steel was prepared for skirts and Knee-high boots anyway. Zor-El would be so ashamed!

Hehe! Supergirl's new costume is great!

I Love it! I love her whole (Super)girl next door look. So happy they didn't try to overly sexualize the character.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    It's surprisingly old-school. It's basically her comic book costume, just with a slightly longer skirt, her legs are covered, and slightly darker shades of blue and red (there's your MOS influence right there). I wasn't big on them going with the skirt, but the leggings make me more ok with it, they balance out. All in all I like it.
    this somewhat captures my sentiments quite well! I was not expecting a skirt at all! but I kind of like it upon seeing it . We still need to see it in action, but all an all looks really damn good! A modern looking Supergirl with some silver age roots. I think melissa seems like a good actress and if she can bring Kara to life than it be a great show i think.

I was kind of hoping they would go with this costume minus the goggles...

SG-36-09compress%u00252B2.jpg

but I am happy with the costume we got.
    Last edited by devil leonx; 03-07-2015 at 04:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son View Post
    Supergirl had a skirt for decades. Why is it a surprise? It's better than the crotch diamond.
    I like her new 52 suit..but than I see the boots and the very low thigns....how can anyone fight in this?

She looks to feminine
    Supergirl should probably just start wearing pants after the pilot if the show gets picked up. Everything else looks good

BANNED

Anybody see any fan art of the new suit yet?

or any artist interpretation of the new suit?

Why are there tights underneath the skirt? Those boots are pretty high and I'm pretty that woman's legs are going to get hot.
    The Gypsies had no home. The Doors had no bass.

Does our reality determine our fiction or does our fiction determine our reality?

Whenever the question comes up about who some mysterious person is or who is behind something the answer will always be Frank Stallone.

"This isn't a locking the barn doors after the horses ran way situation this is a burn the barn down after the horses ran away situation."

Astonishing Member WillieMorgan's Avatar

I couldn't vote on this as I neither love nor hate the costume.

It's alright. About what I was expecting.

I like it well enough. Its not a horrible eye-sore and is very much recognizable as Kara, but it isn't re-defining live action superhero costumes either.

It's perfectly viable and I like that they added some leggings under the skirt, just for modesty reasons.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Incredible Member

Realizing the costume was made to appeal to the general tv audience as opposed to the comic book fan, I like the look on Melissa and think the outfit looks great on her simple yet tasteful.

Quote Originally Posted by brucekent12 View Post
    Realizing the costume was made to appeal to the general tv audience as opposed to the comic book fan, I like the look on Melissa and think the outfit looks great on her simple yet tasteful.
    Quite well said!

BANNED

Perfect, they probably will use it in the book later.

BANNED

It looks homemade, makes sense since it is a friend who made it for her

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksun View Post
    It looks homemade, makes sense since it is a friend who made it for her

That's what I was thinking. Looks like a homemade Cosplay effort.