Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Default The Return of the Justice Society of America!

I'm so excited for this and hope that sales warrant a REAL return of the mystery men from the 1940s, convoluted history and all! Anyone else hopeful about this?

http://www.newsarama.com/23717-dan-a...gence-jsa.html

I'm trying not to be hopeful because I'll probably be disappointed, but I would LOVE a series with the classic Justice Society of America lineup. Go back to the mid-70s before half of them were killed off in Zero Hour and give us some stories with the group much closer to their prime.

In the meantime, I'm going to enjoy the two issues we get. If we get more, I'll be there.

BANNED

I loved the JSA, but they are not returning to Earth 1 unless they totally reboot the new 52. At best, a rebooted Earth 2 will happen.

Maybe dr fate will blow up and there will be a rebooted earth 2 and a rebooted dr fate.

BANNED

I'm not sure what a 'real' return is, but I'm excited nonetheless. JSA is one my favorite teams ever.

As long as its not on the main Earth, go nuts.

They want to try and force a group of heroes on the main Earth before Superman though, and I say hell no.

I am buying 5 copies of this. Every issue of Concergence (except The Flash) and 10 copies of Speed Force. So.... yeah.... I'm excited!!!!
    I have no beef with Vegans

This is a one-shot. There are many other such one-shots that take place in previous continuity. There are Pre-Crisis books even. There's a Batman and the Outsiders Convergence issue as well.

BANNED

2 issues, bro.

Quote Originally Posted by Stingo View Post
    I'm so excited for this and hope that sales warrant a REAL return of the mystery men from the 1940s, convoluted history and all! Anyone else hopeful about this?

http://www.newsarama.com/23717-dan-a...gence-jsa.html
    And he focuses on the characters behind the mask.. bravo I cannot wait to see the REAL JSA again!
    I see everyone's fate but my own. Sometimes that scares me. But when I see the future of someone such as yourself, I believe in tomorrow again

Staff writer at www.impulsegamer.com

Abnett: I think I miss the iterations of these heroes, and the atmosphere of the JSA. There is a tendency to make heroes very young these days, to make them people who are just discovering their abilities and starting out. I’ve always loved that the core of the JSA was people who had achieved a legacy already, who had life experience and careers.

It’s not better; it just makes a very nice contrast, and adds a sense of realism to the DCU — heroes get older, there is progression, life moves along.
    Exactly right. If DC wants more diversity, surely diversity in age and life experience is one area they should have kept. Not everyone in the world is young and angry, and not everyone in comics should be either. Not if they want to reflect the real world.

it will be a tease, and then go back to regular programming as scheduled....except the new EARTH 2: Society will prob be the new JS book....
    MY Pull List: MARVEL: Amazing Spider-man, Spider-Man 2099, Star Wars DC: Earth 2: society, Superman, Action, Batman, Batman Beyond, titans, teen titans; IMAGE: Lazarus, Outcast, Southern Bastards IDW: Star Trek: Boldly Go VALIANT Ninjak

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    As long as its not on the main Earth, go nuts.

They want to try and force a group of heroes on the main Earth before Superman though, and I say hell no.
    Agreed. Not that I didn't enjoy Clutter Earth, but it wasn't the best way to handle the JSA, IMO.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Jan Itor View Post
    2 issues, bro.
    and the 2 issues will sell better than the travesty that is currently the Justice Society (current Earth 2 book). That's my prediction anyway
    I have no beef with Vegans

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

This reminds me of the Retroactives which (as it turned out IMHO) served as a last meal before was put on The Nu52 Starvation Diet Plan. Only this time I'm perfectly aware just how awful the diet will be to be forced back onto it after a two month respite.

Diabolical. Worthy of a supervillain plot.
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)