Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel_Is View Post
    Marvel Zombies are one of the single greatest driving forces in the industry. Worst is not the first word that should come to mind.
    I strongly disagree with your statement , being a slave to one comic company is insane.

BANNED

It's hard to be positive when their major storylines, Worlds End and Futures End both feature the heroes failing/dying/being enslaved.

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    No excuses, pal. You put it out there, so you either back it up, or you don't.
    Well, it would be easier if the CBR forum posts from before the New 52 were still around.

That said, while I wouldn't be surprised if there has been an increase I'm not quite sure if it is that big anymore. A good number of those that complained in the beginning have probably moved on and stopped reading the books. There are still those that keep complaining even though they no longer read the books. Hell, I can't even say that I'm above doing so on some subjects myself, but I try to keep my complaints from being about how the new books are bad, but why I preferred some particular element of the old universe that is gone.

However, I'd say that the complaints often outweighs the praises on the internet and not just for comics. It is often a lot easier to explain why you hate something (pointing out what you think is bad about the art or how the writer has messed up) than explaining what it is you like about a book and keep that discussion going. Some books that pack a lot of information like the Multiversity issues for instance where there is a lot under the surface often bring about a lot of positive discussion, but a regular issue of Superman which was simply entertaining seldom does.

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

When it comes to DC I feel some people are more Glass half empty than Glass half full. Also, I understand that some people may genuinely dislike something but when it has happened years ago, ie. The New 52 and people still whine and moan then yeah it is pretty pathetic and annoying.
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

DC fans are whiny because everything isn't how they want it to be. Some people are perfectionists and need everything to be perfect before they can properly enjoy something.
    I mean the minute stuff like costume changes are serious arguments here and detract from people enjoying good stories
    No one really cares about the good things DC has done like initiate the wave of genre diversity that has swept DC lately

If a character isn't written exactly as they want them to be then everything is written off as bad. I mean take a franchise like Batman on the outside you could probably tell that the Batman line is trying to cater to everyone but that won't stop some people from complaining about why this title isn't held up as the best or more important bat title or why this character isn't front and center

Quote Originally Posted by LoneNecromancer View Post
    So whinny?

That's the first thing I though too!

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Couldn't the same argument be made of the "whiny" fans of DC? Also I find it odd how DC's defenders are quicker to throw insults at their critics instead of the other way around.
    Yes of course just not the people that whiny because DC reboot the other reboot, also check the first page I addressed them as well.
    Favorite Characters : Cyborg, Hal Jordan, Simon Baz, Tula, Mera ,Bleez, Shazam, Wonder Woman, Agent 37 , Batman, Kon El, Atomica.

I love Legacy but you have to change things up to keep them from going stale - Jason Fabok

Twitter : @Flashpoint52

Incredible Member

I like the new Supergirl TV series costume. I think it looks great.

Astonishing Member WillieMorgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LoneNecromancer View Post
    So whinny?

Quote Originally Posted by Tenzel Kim View Post

However, I'd say that the complaints often outweighs the praises on the internet and not just for comics.
    Whilst that's true in the main some of the posters on here seem to have elevated whinge-baggery to almost unprecedented heights. I don't really care whether they like the New52 or not, it's a free world, but the inflated sense of entitlement does grate. 'Oh, this isn't MY DC universe and I won't buy anything from DC until they change it back. I will however incessantly moan on websites like this ENDLESSLY'. Get over it (and yourselves), DC don't owe you anything. Maybe finding a new hobby is the best solution because, whatever DC do, some of them will never like it.

Also, I don't read Marvel. Therefore I hardly ever post on the Marvel boards (and even then only about the MCU). I don't see the point as I have no opinion on any of the other topics, nothing to contribute whatsoever. I can't understand why Marvel fans feel the need to cross over here just to either gloat or shit-stir. Weird.

Niffleheim

I don't like the new Kara and I'm not even a DC fan. The dark colours in the costume are too reminiscent of the ones in MoS. I'm fine with that but why does the tone have to affect the blondeness of Kara? That is my biggest issue with this. I'm going to watch it anyway but now since half of what I love about the character is nonexistent I guess the actress and the writing better be damn good coz those are about the only things that will tempt me to be a fan of the show.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Because red trunks define the character. Everything else, literally, does not matter. Hard to even call such people "fans".

Quote Originally Posted by WillieMorgan View Post

Whilst that's true in the main some of the posters on here seem to have elevated whinge-baggery to almost unprecedented heights. I don't really care whether they like the New52 or not, it's a free world, but the inflated sense of entitlement does grate. 'Oh, this isn't MY DC universe and I won't buy anything from DC until they change it back. I will however incessantly moan on websites like this ENDLESSLY'. Get over it (and yourselves), DC don't owe you anything. Maybe finding a new hobby is the best solution because, whatever DC do, some of them will never like it.

Also, I don't read Marvel. Therefore I hardly ever post on the Marvel boards (and even then only about the MCU). I don't see the point as I have no opinion on any of the other topics, nothing to contribute whatsoever. I can't understand why Marvel fans feel the need to cross over here just to either gloat or shit-stir. Weird.
    Yeah, I find that pretty funny as well. It is what it is though. I've seen this habit in many places I've posted before

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by N'Dare View Post
    I don't like the new Kara and I'm not even a DC fan. The dark colours in the costume are too reminiscent of the ones in MoS. I'm fine with that but why does the tone have to affect the blondeness of Kara? That is my biggest issue with this. I'm going to watch it anyway but now since half of what I love about the character is nonexistent I guess the actress and the writing better be damn good coz those are about the only things that will tempt me to be a fan of the show.
    I'm hoping the dark look to the costume is simply the lighting. I'll wait until I see her standing outside on a sunny day to really judge.

I think that given that the major storylines in both marvel and dc right now are on a death kick anyone who reads comics for enjoyment or maybe an uplifting victory over evil is going to be disappointed. What good does Batman stopping a robber or Spiderwpman stopping a mugging if their respective universes are just going to blow up five minutes later?
    Last edited by Mark; 03-07-2015 at 10:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    I think that given that the major storylines in both marvel and dc right now are on a death kick anyone who reads comics for enjoyment or maybe an uplifting victory over evil is going to be disappointed. What good does Batman stopping a robber or Spiderwpman stopping a mugging if their respective universes are just going to blow up five minutes later?
    Nothing is blowing up in DC's Earth-0 asides of alternate future storyline where stuff always tend to blow up. As far as I know Earth-0 will not be affected by Convergence at all since our Superman already has returned from that event.

Earth-2? Yea, stuff is getting out of control, but it doesn't impact, for example, current Batgirl or Harley Quinn run in any way and doesn't make them less fun.

The dcu does not blow up every 5 minutes but there could be monthly reboots and retcons on earth 0.