Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by vartox View Post
    I'm really curious to hear what Lost Army is actually about. I think solicits come out in a couple weeks, hopefully we'll get a hint by then.

Oh god please no. I want to read about Sinestro and I am not particularly interested in Kyle.
    lol. so you're not that crazy having kyle date sinestro's daughter.

the tension between the two (three) would be funny.
    Last edited by silly; 03-07-2015 at 04:33 PM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by silly View Post

I don't feel strongly either way about Kyle/Soranik but I want a book called Sinestro to be about Sinestro, adding Kyle would be way too overshadowing.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by colonyofcells View Post
    The unwanted GL corps maybe will be roaming the universe looking for work.
    then they will probably need the services of a certain coluan by the name of vril dox. it won't probably improve their image, but the revenues will most likely double in less the time.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by LoneNecromancer View Post
    I've been contacted by a very reliable source who forwarded me this official piece of DC artwork that I think will explain the direction going ahead with this book.

lol. i bet the name of the source was rufus, right?

guy should lead a team of lanterns to guardian uncharted space. bringing law and order to the outer rim galaxies. unable to find their way home, guy manages to stall the invasion of the yuuzhan vong empire. guy and his rag tag band of lost lanterns manage to find refuge in planet named zonama sekot. there they await for rescue or annihilation.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by LoneNecromancer View Post
    I've been contacted by a very reliable source who forwarded me this official piece of DC artwork that I think will explain the direction going ahead with this book.

hopefully by june, guy ditches the red ring and wears a green one.

the convergence: glc cover is just funny:

Astonishing Member WillieMorgan's Avatar

Actually, I reckon it will be a John Stewart led title featuring the GLC transported to a different universe .

'Nooo, not John. Why can't Hal Jordan be the one consigned to a different universe??!! It's not fair.'

Always Rakzo

Not really excited about this one, Bunn's DC work has been quite underwhelming for me.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by WillieMorgan View Post
    Actually, I reckon it will be a John Stewart led title featuring the GLC transported to a different universe .

'Nooo, not John. Why can't Hal Jordan be the one consigned to a different universe??!! It's not fair.'
    apparently, a majority of those lanterns will be "consigned to a different universe".

yet no concrete detail on guy, kyle, and simon.

seems like this gl lost army will be just temporary though. how long does a whole army of lanterns stay lost?

Incredible Member

I will probably give this title a shot, even though I rarely pick up GL titles. John Stewart is one of my favorite characters and I even gave up on him in the glut of GL titles. But if this is gonna stay separate ffrom the other books for a while, I may just have to try it out.

Quote Originally Posted by WillieMorgan View Post

That's an extremely specific guess there man. But you know what? Call me crazy but I think you might be onto something!

I'll be giving it a chance. The premise itself doesnt instantly grab me, but I do love John Stewart and want to find out where Guy and Kyle are at (hopefully Guy stays Red and Kyle goes back to Green). Im not that familiar with Bunn's work, having only read one issue of his Lobo (which wasnt bad, but wasnt the Lobo I want to read about) but he has a good reputation.

With all the stuff happening post-Convergence and with Secret Wars I'll likely only give it one issue to impress me though, so I hope Bunn brings his A game. I'd love to be reading a Green Lantern title again, especially with John.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

My problem with this title is that it seems more like a story arc than an ongoing and I am expecting this to be maybe 12-18 issues before its cancelled. Here is my reasoning. 1. This is a stand alone book based on the description and is based in a different universe or a uncharted lost sector or something far away from the corps and because this is a stand alone book that only makes 2 green lantern books set in the main universe/continuity which doesn't make for very much face time for the franchise in terms of events and crossovers. 2. How long can you keep John Stuart who is an immensely popular character in the DC universe separated from the rest of the universe and green lantern corps. 3. How long can a story of 4-5 time lost or space lost or whatever sort of lost they are actually lost before they are either found or find a way back to the corps and at that time the title "lost army" becomes non applicable to the story and will have to be cancelled and start with a new #1. I will get the title because I like the concept but one of the reasons I moved away from Marvel and DC was to avoid the constant rebooting of titles to new #1's and have sustainable ongoing's with creative teams moving in and out. If Green Lantern was written this way where it has a new #1 with each arc it would have had 6? 7? new #1's on each title over the last 5 years? That's some cray. NO NEW #1's!!!!!! NO NEW #1's!!!!!! NO NEW #1's!!!!!! NO NEW #1's!!!!!!
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Action Comics, Detective Comics, Green Lanterns, The Flash, Aquaman, Titans, Justice League, HJATGL, Supergirl, Superwoman, DC Bombshells
    Marvel: CANCELLED (good luck with your seasonal approach and constant reboots... I'll miss the characters though)
    Zenescope: Grimm Fairy Tales

Quote Originally Posted by MikeMC005 View Post
    My problem with this title is that it seems more like a story arc than an ongoing and I am expecting this to be maybe 12-18 issues before its cancelled. Here is my reasoning. 1. This is a stand alone book based on the description and is based in a different universe or a uncharted lost sector or something far away from the corps and because this is a stand alone book that only makes 2 green lantern books set in the main universe/continuity which doesn't make for very much face time for the franchise in terms of events and crossovers. 2. How long can you keep John Stuart who is an immensely popular character in the DC universe separated from the rest of the universe and green lantern corps.
    Well, the rest of the Green Lantern Corps will be going with John wherever he's going.

If Green Lantern was written this way where it has a new #1 with each arc it would have had 6? 7? new #1's on each title over the last 5 years? That's some cray. NO NEW #1's!!!!!! NO NEW #1's!!!!!! NO NEW #1's!!!!!! NO NEW #1's!!!!!!
    I agree with you about The Lost Army likely not being something that is going to go on indefinitely. I'm guessing Green Lantern Corps will be relaunched OR DC will have another Green Lantern: x book that is meant for another specific concept, which... actually doesn't sound like a bad idea to me. For example, after, say, 18 issues of The Lost Army, Green Lantern: Nebula Zone could be released with a new concept and a new number 1. Big issue numbers just aren't the way the industry and market works these days, so maybe it's a better idea to release these series as if they're like novels with beginnings and endings instead of having the guise of these never ending stories that people may be averse to jumping in at.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MikeMC005 View Post
    My problem with this title is that it seems more like a story arc than an ongoing and I am expecting this to be maybe 12-18 issues before its cancelled. Here is my reasoning. 1. This is a stand alone book based on the description and is based in a different universe or a uncharted lost sector or something far away from the corps and because this is a stand alone book that only makes 2 green lantern books set in the main universe/continuity which doesn't make for very much face time for the franchise in terms of events and crossovers. 2. How long can you keep John Stuart who is an immensely popular character in the DC universe separated from the rest of the universe and green lantern corps. 3. How long can a story of 4-5 time lost or space lost or whatever sort of lost they are actually lost before they are either found or find a way back to the corps and at that time the title "lost army" becomes non applicable to the story and will have to be cancelled and start with a new #1. I will get the title because I like the concept but one of the reasons I moved away from Marvel and DC was to avoid the constant rebooting of titles to new #1's and have sustainable ongoing's with creative teams moving in and out. If Green Lantern was written this way where it has a new #1 with each arc it would have had 6? 7? new #1's on each title over the last 5 years? That's some cray. NO NEW #1's!!!!!! NO NEW #1's!!!!!! NO NEW #1's!!!!!! NO NEW #1's!!!!!!
    I think the book could go on indefinitely. You mention John Stewart needing to be included as part of the main DCU, but DiDio and Lee have specifically said that is what they are trying to get away from. John Stewart's popularity means he should have his own book, his own story, his own cast, etc. How long can they keep them out there then all depends on how much story they have. Conceivably they could keep them out there forever. Star Trek Voyager ran for quite a while and comics are much slower telling stories these days. Beyond that, maybe there is already an intended double meaning to the title, as somewhat mentioned in the OP, maybe they find something out there that even when they come back the Lost Army title still applies.

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by silly View Post

I didn't really like the Kyle/Soranik thing because I thought it sidetracked Soranik's interesting discovery of her backstory. I can deal with relationship melodrama if the couple is interesting together, but I didn't feel anything when reading it.

All-New Member

I'm just going to leave this here: http://comicbook.com/2015/03/11/excl...ing-in-june-2/

Check out the Omega Men solicit.

Now, I will calmly and rationally back out of this conversation with three words about GL: Lost Army... "Star Trek: Voyager"