Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Astonishing Member

I'm actually thrilled by all this. GLs have been feeling very dime-a-dozen of late.

Quote Originally Posted by Desh View Post
    Well, the rest of the Green Lantern Corps will be going with John wherever he's going.

I agree with you about The Lost Army likely not being something that is going to go on indefinitely. I'm guessing Green Lantern Corps will be relaunched OR DC will have another Green Lantern: x book that is meant for another specific concept, which... actually doesn't sound like a bad idea to me. For example, after, say, 18 issues of The Lost Army, Green Lantern: Nebula Zone could be released with a new concept and a new number 1. Big issue numbers just aren't the way the industry and market works these days, so maybe it's a better idea to release these series as if they're like novels with beginnings and endings instead of having the guise of these never ending stories that people may be averse to jumping in at.
    You make an excellent point. To me its not a big deal how many issues this line will last. I can see them doing something like "nebula zone" or "new army" when this story runs its course. They can rename the book and still maintain continuity.
    Of course, I dare. I'm Hal Jordan.

Astonishing Member WillieMorgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    That's an extremely specific guess there man. But you know what? Call me crazy but I think you might be onto something!

I'll be giving it a chance. The premise itself doesnt instantly grab me, but I do love John Stewart and want to find out where Guy and Kyle are at (hopefully Guy stays Red and Kyle goes back to Green). Im not that familiar with Bunn's work, having only read one issue of his Lobo (which wasnt bad, but wasnt the Lobo I want to read about) but he has a good reputation.

With all the stuff happening post-Convergence and with Secret Wars I'll likely only give it one issue to impress me though, so I hope Bunn brings his A game. I'd love to be reading a Green Lantern title again, especially with John.
    Oh, I'll be all over this. I might not sound like it on here in certain scenarios but I'm actually a big John Stewart fan. I'm only familiar with Bunn's work through reading the Sinestro title and it's pretty solid.

I think the biggest plus for me with all this is the change in focus. I've loved the Johns 'Emotional Spectrum' period of GL history as much as the next person but I'm still relishing seeing the GL titles taken in a fresh direction.

I agree with the posters who've pointed out that it doesn't sound like it will have the legs to be a permanent title though. Like has already been pointed out - how long can they stay lost for?

Be interesting finding out.

Astonishing Member

Well, we know where Kyle will be when all this is going on according to the Omega Men solicit.

http://comicbook.com/2015/03/11/excl...ing-in-june-2/

ETA: Oooops! Already posted on the bottom of the last page.
    Last edited by Claude; 03-11-2015 at 10:07 AM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by HistoryDork View Post
    I'm just going to leave this here: http://comicbook.com/2015/03/11/excl...ing-in-june-2/

Check out the Omega Men solicit.

Now, I will calmly and rationally back out of this conversation with three words about GL: Lost Army... "Star Trek: Voyager"
    Yes that is what this sounds like Green Lantern Voyager without 7 of 9 & Janeway.

Or worst the 1980s Anime Ulysses 31.

In fact here is the top 10 aliens we how John & friends will run into...

10) Spaccccccccccccccccce Ghost
    9) Stargate Universe ship
    8) Riddick
    7) Power Rangers Lost Galaxy/In Space
    6) Uss Yamoto (Starblazers)
    5) Space 1999
    4) The Predator
    3) The Alien & Ripley clone
    2) Voyager
    1) The place where Static, Cassandra Cain and every other MIA DC character is trapped at and brings them home.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    The place where Static, Cassandra Cain and every other MIA DC character is trapped at and brings them home.
    Sounds like a storyline i could enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by WillieMorgan View Post
    Oh, I'll be all over this. I might not sound like it on here in certain scenarios but I'm actually a big John Stewart fan. I'm only familiar with Bunn's work through reading the Sinestro title and it's pretty solid.

I think the biggest plus for me with all this is the change in focus. I've loved the Johns 'Emotional Spectrum' period of GL history as much as the next person but I'm still relishing seeing the GL titles taken in a fresh direction.

I agree with the posters who've pointed out that it doesn't sound like it will have the legs to be a permanent title though. Like has already been pointed out - how long can they stay lost for?

Be interesting finding out.
    Yeah, this doesnt sound like a book that's planned to run long-term. And Im fine with that. I've long thought that comics need to shift to finite "seasons" akin to television. I think it would appeal to a lot more people than what we have now.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Incredible Member

looking at the omega men solicit, it's probably a case of the protagonist's gets wrongly accused of a murder that didn't happen.

dc will probably use kyle as vehicle to relaunch gl: lost army when the concept has run it's course.

meanwhile kyle gets to chill in limbo with donna. wait i'm not sure, she is back right?

so when green lantern: lost army has run its course, we might get

green lantern corps: rebirth

Extraordinary Member

With the GLC gone, I think the universe will overflow with crime & corruption. Once the GLC returns, the universe may look like a cosmic Gotham. That is, if Sinestro cannot bring about order.

that's a possibility. the khunds, the dominators, the thanagarians, the spider guild, etc. could try to regain lost territories with corps absence.

hopefully earth won't be too much involved if that happens.

Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

BANNED

The premise sounds like an episode of The Twilight Zone. No?

I wonder what will be so alien about this new universe? I wonder if there is a massive ocean under the new universe's ceiling.... That might be interesting.

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    1) The place where Static, Cassandra Cain and every other MIA DC character is trapped at and brings them home.
    This sounds like an ideal way to bring back Hawkwoman. She's from space and (for many fans) has a connection to John Stewart.