View Poll Results: What is your general consensus on Batman Eternal?

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • I am loving Batman Eternal, excited for this long awaited ending.

18 40.91%
  • Batman Eternal has been okay, it's a decent story.

14 31.82%
  • I am not liking Batman Eternal, I can't wait for this weekly series to be over.

4 9.09%
  • I quit Batman Eternal a long time ago...

8 18.18%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Agreed. What story/title did she originally appear in, Forever Evil.

Mixed bag. I'll be trade-waiting Year 2.

I've been loving it. I feel like every character has had something to do and all of their efforts have been put to good use. I feel that as far as panel time goes, each character has had a pretty decent amount with Batman generally taking about 60% of the space and the family having an even distribution of the last 40%. I'm sure some people dislike that but I personally bought the book for BATMAN, the others are just icing on the cake. So I am overall excited and sad to see it ending soon. But I really wanna know, WHO is behind it all? I'm going with a wild guess of Owlman. We haven't seen him since Forever Evil, right?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Eternal like the rest is just too bloated. Too inconsistent. Too hot and cold.
    Yup, Eternal was an overstretched, inconsistent mess. Some good ideas in there, but the exception of the narrative was just bad.

As as fan of Brian Q Miller's Batgirl, this book is a good example of how even good characters only work under the right writer.

I'm a fan. It's been a lot of fun to be able to follow a big, tacky mystery week to week instead of having to wait several months for it to progress, all with the added bonus of space for proper focus on characters as diverse as Vicki Vale, Killer Croc, Tiger Shark and that guy with a pith helmet and a mechanical monkey. The rotating writers has worked much better than I anticipated as well, as Eternal feels much more coherent than Futures End despite that title having every writer involved with every issue. With Eternal casting such a wide net over Gotham there are of course bound to be some aspects or subplots of the story that doesn't interest me (well hello there pretty much the entire "Bat family" focus!), but all in all I think Eternal has been a smash hit.

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Shows you how many new characters aren't worth the panel space, like Joker's Daughter.
    That statement is very true. However, I went back and read all of Batman Eternal from 0-current again and I find if you read it all together, it's quite beautiful to read and a giant mystery of a story, with a love letter to all the rogues gallery, but like Joker's daughter it's really boring and useless lol. Hate that new character.