Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

With Banner depowered and a pretender like Cho running around, it's great to see Rulk back in action.

Amazing Member

Squeee! And he keeps the 'tache!

Dammit superhero comics...

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    With Banner depowered and a pretender like Cho running around, it's great to see Rulk back in action.
    Amadeus Hulk is OK, I'm glad that Rulk is returning. USAvengers looks like a fun book and I love Paco Medina's art.

Quote Originally Posted by Thad937 View Post
    Amadeus Hulk is OK, I'm glad that Rulk is returning. USAvengers looks like a fun book and I love Paco Medina's art.
    Paco Medina's art is a Godsent. I wish we could have gotten that from the start of New Avengers.

So Red Hulk is no longer Ross per Alan Ewing. ((facepalm))

__

"Remember what I said about early interviews? Well, Thunderbolt Ross isn’t the Red Hulk. Essentially, we had the idea to bring Ross into the book, and it seemed like a great one – but then we were bending over backwards and tying ourselves in knots to make it actually happen without wrecking some other stories. And at some point on a recent trip to the U.S. I was sitting down with [Editor] Tom [Brevoort], face to face, and I said something about how we could just have the Red Hulk be someone else. It turned out that that was a simple, one-step, Gordian Knot-style solution that solved every problem we had… except the problem of saying the Red Hulk was Thunderbolt Ross in previous interviews. So, mea culpa, CBR.

There’s an all-new Red Hulk. It’s a familiar face to those who’ve been reading “New Avengers,” and it’s someone who didn’t really have any kind of relationship with Bruce Banner. He did have an adversarial relationship with Roberto da Costa, though, and just because they’re working together now, it doesn’t mean he’s forgotten his objections."

http://www.cbr.com/ewing-readies-the...rvel-universe/

I guess that explains the 'tache.

BANNED

Probably General Maverick from New Avengers. He's Ross-lite anyway. And having a character that's familiar to NA readers is probably a good thing...but still, I'd rather have had Ross.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Wait....a new Red Hulk?
    This is getting a bit ridiculous. Seems it's fairly easy to become a Hulk nowadays.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by WhySoFuriousGeorge View Post
    Probably General Maverick from New Avengers. He's Ross-lite anyway. And having a character that's familiar to NA readers is probably a good thing...but still, I'd rather have had Ross.
    What is worse for me is Ewing said "we had the idea to bring Ross into the book, and it seemed like a great one – but then we were bending over backwards and tying ourselves in knots to make it actually happen without wrecking some other stories. " And then " I said something about how we could just have the Red Hulk be someone else. It turned out that that was a simple, one-step, Gordian Knot-style solution that solved every problem we had… "

So hey, they have this great idea for Red Hulk Ross to be in the book.. but when details got tricky.. it's hey, let's just make it easier by making Red Hulk someone else!! Simple fix!

SMH

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Wait....a new Red Hulk?
    This is getting a bit ridiculous. Seems it's fairly easy to become a Hulk nowadays.
    Writer Jeff Parker had it right in my opinion. Only people at that one in a million atomic explosion event could ever turn into a Hulk. Banner got the most exposure, yes.. but Rick, Ross, Betty, they were all there too and received minimal "hulk inducing" exposure. Not as much as Bruce, but exposure nevertheless.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheStrongestOne View Post
    What is worse for me is Ewing said "we had the idea to bring Ross into the book, and it seemed like a great one – but then we were bending over backwards and tying ourselves in knots to make it actually happen without wrecking some other stories. " And then " I said something about how we could just have the Red Hulk be someone else. It turned out that that was a simple, one-step, Gordian Knot-style solution that solved every problem we had… "

So hey, they have this great idea for Red Hulk Ross to be in the book.. but when details got tricky.. it's hey, let's just make it easier by making Red Hulk someone else!! Simple fix!

SMH
    Not sure why that's a smh. Ewing was doing everything he could to include him but he's apparently heavily tied in whatever's gonig to be happening on the Hulk side of Marvel.

So even if he did use Ross in the end it would've been radically different from what Ewing would've wanted him to be used as because of the Hulk events (whatever they will be).

Quote Originally Posted by PyroTwilight View Post
    Not sure why that's a smh. Ewing was doing everything he could to include him but he's apparently heavily tied in whatever's gonig to be happening on the Hulk side of Marvel.

So even if he did use Ross in the end it would've been radically different from what Ewing would've wanted him to be used as because of the Hulk events (whatever they will be).
    Complexity in storytelling solved by we'll just make someone else the Red Hulk - it works now! always deserves a SMH in my opinion. Small thinking..

Can't make it work, here's an idea. Don't add Red Hulk to the team. Replace him with someone else.
    Last edited by TheStrongestOne; 11-22-2016 at 10:00 AM.

BANNED

Well, I think it's an optimal solution, for a few reasons:

- General Maverick is, for all intents and purposes, General Ross...right down to the attitude and archaic speech patterns.
    - He already has an antagonistic history with the New Avengers, whereas General Ross doesn't.
    - A.I.M. (or, at the very least, MODOK) was instrumental in the creation of the original Red Hulk, so it makes total sense that they could make a new one.

Quote Originally Posted by WhySoFuriousGeorge View Post
    Well, I think it's an optimal solution, for a few reasons:

- General Maverick is, for all intents and purposes, General Ross...right down to the attitude and archaic speech patterns.
    - He already has an antagonistic history with the New Avengers, whereas General Ross doesn't.
    - A.I.M. (or, at the very least, MODOK) was instrumental in the creation of the original Red Hulk, so it makes total sense that they could make a new one.
    Optimal in "we want Red Hulk in this comic, even if we can't fit Ross in!" The manifestation of organic Marvel storytelling will whimper softly again tonight. Oh well.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TheStrongestOne View Post
    Optimal in "we want Red Hulk in this comic, even if we can't fit Ross in!" The manifestation of organic Marvel storytelling will whimper softly again tonight. Oh well.
    I couldn't disagree with you more here. It's FAR more organic to include someone who's already been in the previous iteration of this team than to insert General Ross because 'Murica. In fact, I'm going to go so far as to say that General Maverick is a *superior* choice.