Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 LastLast

I am glad Red Hulk is going to be around, but I want Ross to be Rulk.

Ross is Rulk, no one else.

If they need him in his human form for other upcoming stories, then have Rulk able to do that (behind the scenes, even). Ross would love to play both sides against each other. Solution Simple.

Quote Originally Posted by WhySoFuriousGeorge View Post
    I couldn't disagree with you more here. It's FAR more organic to include someone who's already been in the previous iteration of this team than to insert General Ross because 'Murica. In fact, I'm going to go so far as to say that General Maverick is a *superior* choice.
    The way you worded that yes. And if we are talking Maverick versus Ross, then I will agree with you. But we're talking Red Hulk here. They wanted Red Hulk and Ross in this comic. But they couldn't figure out the insertion of Ross, so Ross be damned, we're still putting Red Hulk on the team dammit! We'll have a new Red Hulk! It will be Maverick.

THAT is not organic.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I am glad Red Hulk is going to be around, but I want Ross to be Rulk.

Ross is Rulk, no one else.

If they need him in his human form for other upcoming stories, then have Rulk able to do that (behind the scenes, even). Ross would love to play both sides against each other. Solution Simple.
    Definitely agree!

Fantastic Member

So your saying just don't use the Red Hulk even though they have already released promo material with him as a member of the team because at some point after development things came up that made use of Ross much more difficult then originally expected.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TheStrongestOne View Post
    The way you worded that yes. And if we are talking Maverick versus Ross, then I will agree with you. But we're talking Red Hulk here. They wanted Red Hulk and Ross in this comic. But they couldn't figure out the insertion of Ross, so Ross be damned, we're still putting Red Hulk on the team dammit! We'll have a new Red Hulk! It will be Maverick.

THAT is not organic.
    If General Maverick wasn't an established character before today, I'd agree with you. But I do still see your point here. I'm just glad to get a Red Hulk, even if it's not Ross, because I think this is an element that this book really needs to make it fun. Especially since the team doesn't have someone else like Ross, or like USAgent. I'd rather them solve the problem like this than scrap having a Hulk at all.

BANNED

Woah, wait a minute: Ewing just confirmed that the RED HULK in USAVENGERS isn't ROSS ?!?

Now this is truly going to make things interesting if they ever decide to bring ROSS into the book's future.

Astonishing Member

THAT is not organic.
    Thing is that also means it'd probably require a huge re-write of the story to actually take out Red Hulk.

So while I'm not someone who'd want another person to just take a codename at random it's still likely the only option Ewing had. Especially as this likely happened over a period of time as Ewing tried to reconcile it as much as he could before it was decided to just leave Ross out and make a new Rulk.

It's not a neat solution but I think it's the best he could do so suddenly without having to stall the books re-lease which in just about any book put out by a company is essentially a no go.

Quote Originally Posted by PyroTwilight View Post
    Thing is that also means it'd probably require a huge re-write of the story to actually take out Red Hulk.

So while I'm not someone who'd want another person to just take a codename at random it's still likely the only option Ewing had. Especially as this likely happened over a period of time as Ewing tried to reconcile it as much as he could before it was decided to just leave Ross out and make a new Rulk.

It's not a neat solution but I think it's the best he could do so suddenly without having to stall the books re-lease which in just about any book put out by a company is essentially a no go.
    That's fair. Unfortunate. Disappointing. Frustrating (especially with Marvel's track record as of late). But fair.

If anything this may be an indictment of Axel Alonso and a lack of oversight. Man I miss Joe Quesada (sigh)

BANNED

I feel your frustration, honestly. I was pumped for Ross. I'm also not a fan of Marvel's sloppy attempts at creating legacy characters lately. But I think that, given those circumstances I mentioned earlier (this particular Rulk replacement, the fact that A.I.M. specifically is involved) plus the fact that Ewing is fantastic at continuity, this won't actually be a bad thing.

I feel your frustration, honestly. I was pumped for Ross. I'm also not a fan of Marvel's sloppy attempts at creating legacy characters lately. But I think that, given those circumstances I mentioned earlier (this particular Rulk replacement, the fact that A.I.M. specifically is involved) plus the fact that Ewing is fantastic at continuity, this won't actually be a bad thing.
    I hear you. It might be a tougher pill to swallow for die hard Red Hulk fans however, which I am one, especially after Jeff Parker's fabulous Rulk run.

Now I will have to say I'm a big Ross Red Hulk fan instead of a Red Hulk fan (Christ, it's depressing just to type that).

BANNED

I hear you. It might be a tougher pill to swallow for die hard Red Hulk fans however, which I am one, especially after Jeff Parker's fabulous Rulk run.

Now I will have to say I'm a big Ross Red Hulk fan instead of a Red Hulk fan (Christ, it's depressing just to type that).
    Hell, I even enjoyed Rulk when he was just an obnoxious jobber under Loeb, because he was so much fun, LOL. I have only read some of Parker's run (did he write the stuff with Rulk and Alpha Flight? I can't recall...), but I've loved him since Fall of the Hulks/World War Hulks.

Now, if Ewing salvages this by at least referencing some of the stuff with the Intelligencia and A.I.M. and their creation of Ross as the original Red Hulk, I'll be happy with the torch-passing. At least until after I see the first arc and how well Maverick works.

Astonishing Member

Thing is whoever this new Red Hulk is Ross will most likely go after him as well at some point. And I doubt Ewing will not address it in some way once he's able to.

Ross'll have some fun.

Fantastic Member

Yeah now we get to wait for the single greatest fight ever. Once Ross get re-Hulkified the battle of who has the better Red Hulk mustache.

Hell, I even enjoyed Rulk when he was just an obnoxious jobber under Loeb, because he was so much fun, LOL. I have only read some of Parker's run (did he write the stuff with Rulk and Alpha Flight? I can't recall...), but I've loved him since Fall of the Hulks/World War Hulks.

Now, if Ewing salvages this by at least referencing some of the stuff with the Intelligencia and A.I.M. and their creation of Ross as the original Red Hulk, I'll be happy with the torch-passing. At least until after I see the first arc and how well Maverick works.
    I had fun with the Loeb incarnation too. And Ed McGuinness drawing the Red Hulk was certainly the truest representation of "eye candy" that I ever saw. I found him to be a great foil to the Hulk. So much fun.

But then Jeff Parker took Red Hulk to the darker places of the world of Thaddeus Ross. From his past choices coming to haunt him in "Haunted Hulk", to ignoring sovereign borders and fighting wars his new powered self could win in "Hulk of Arabia", to fighting his demons while fighting Omegex, to even facing repercussions of punching out the Watcher in "Planet Red Hulk". Great, great stuff.

Parker's last story arc featured Alpha Flight, but to me it was a step down in quality compared to everything that came before it.

BANNED

Glad to have the Red Hulk around... even if he`s not the original one.