Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by doomeye56 View Post
    Yeah now we get to wait for the single greatest fight ever. Once Ross get re-Hulkified the battle of who has the better Red Hulk mustache.
    It'd be awesome if at some point we could have Ross repowered simply to see the showdown of the Rulks.

BANNED

Honest question: would Ross even care that there's a new Red Hulk? I couldn't say one way or the other.

Quote Originally Posted by WhySoFuriousGeorge View Post
    Honest question: would Ross even care that there's a new Red Hulk? I couldn't say one way or the other.
    I imagine he would in the sense of seeing him as a threat needing to be eliminated based on how he acted towards Doc Green and in the wake of Bruce's death.

Good news that RULK will return, but I still prefer Ross as RULK.

On the contrary, I wonder who will create new RULK. My guess is Doc Samson, since he already re-appeared in Civil War #0.

Quote Originally Posted by TheStrongestOne View Post
    So Red Hulk is no longer Ross per Alan Ewing. ((facepalm))

__

"Remember what I said about early interviews? Well, Thunderbolt Ross isn’t the Red Hulk. Essentially, we had the idea to bring Ross into the book, and it seemed like a great one – but then we were bending over backwards and tying ourselves in knots to make it actually happen without wrecking some other stories. And at some point on a recent trip to the U.S. I was sitting down with [Editor] Tom [Brevoort], face to face, and I said something about how we could just have the Red Hulk be someone else. It turned out that that was a simple, one-step, Gordian Knot-style solution that solved every problem we had… except the problem of saying the Red Hulk was Thunderbolt Ross in previous interviews. So, mea culpa, CBR.

There’s an all-new Red Hulk. It’s a familiar face to those who’ve been reading “New Avengers,” and it’s someone who didn’t really have any kind of relationship with Bruce Banner. He did have an adversarial relationship with Roberto da Costa, though, and just because they’re working together now, it doesn’t mean he’s forgotten his objections."

http://www.cbr.com/ewing-readies-the...rvel-universe/
    I loved Ross as Red Hulk, I was looking forward to his return. Omega Hulk was terrible IMO, they should wreck that story. If Samuel Sterns can return as the leader than Ross should return as Rulk. Now I know why USAvengers was delayed. I'll still pick it up when it comes out. I hope that Alan Ewing writes the new Rulk as a complex and neutral character.

Quote Originally Posted by Thad937 View Post
    I loved Ross as Red Hulk, I was looking forward to his return. Omega Hulk was terrible IMO, they should wreck that story. If Samuel Sterns can return as the leader than Ross should return as Rulk. Now I know why USAvengers was delayed. I'll still pick it up when it comes out. I hope that Alan Ewing writes the new Rulk as a complex and neutral character.
    Not me. It's already off my pull list. I'll be contributing to Marvel's slump in superhero comic sales until the execs bring another Joe Quesada in to right the ship and axe the Axel.
    Last edited by TheStrongestOne; 11-23-2016 at 07:03 AM.

BANNED

I think he would care to some degree or another. Especially, given Ross history.

Not me. It's already off my pull list. I'll be contributing to Marvel's slump in superhero comic sales until the execs bring another Joe Quesada in to right the ship and axe the Axel.
    I totally understand, I felt that way after reading Omega Hulk. I'm reading New Avengers now, it's good but too many characters. Red Hulk renewed my interest in comics after a long absence. I'll miss Ross but there are two great potentials for the new Rulk. Paco Medina's art is amazing!
    Last edited by Thad937; 11-24-2016 at 10:45 AM.

I totally understand, I felt that way after reading Omega Hulk.
    I hear you. All those great characters erased from existence.

I'm reading USAvengers now, it's good but too many characters. Red Hulk renewed my interest in comics after a long absence.
    I know, right? Me too. Those were some great years!

I'll miss Ross but there are two great potentials for the new Rulk. Paco Medina's art is amazing!
    Yeah, his art is a terrific. But a new Hulk. A new Rulk. It's just too much for me to stomach, personally. Especially knowing this Red Hulk identity change seemingly occurred due to poor editorial oversight. Frustrating.

#NotMyHulk #NotMyRedHulk
    Last edited by TheStrongestOne; 11-23-2016 at 12:13 PM.

Astonishing Member Ken Ashcroft's Avatar

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    I think he would care to some degree or another. Especially, given Ross history.
    He would definitely care especially since this new Red Hulk is able to keep his moustache when he transforms whereas Ross when he become the Red Hulk has his tache magically vanishing only to regrow when he transformed back.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Ashcroft View Post
    He would definitely care especially since this new Red Hulk is able to keep his moustache when he transforms whereas Ross when he become the Red Hulk has his tache magically vanishing only to regrow when he transformed back.
    This is what happened to Ross' mustache per Jeph Loeb:

Here's a link to a podcast containing a Jeph Loeb interview. http://wordballoon.blogspot.com/2010...executive.html
    Fast forward to minute 32:00. The official answer from Loeb is :

LOEB : "The hair on his body contracts within the layer of skin that are building up on top of it".

And when Loeb says hair he not only means the mustache, but the eyebrows, chest hair, arm hair, etc. I guess the hair on his head is too long and only contracts half way which makes it short and spikey. And why Red transforms differently than the Hulk is because the Rulk is part cosmic energy where the Hulk is only gamma.

I had fun with the Loeb incarnation too. And Ed McGuinness drawing the Red Hulk was certainly the truest representation of "eye candy" that I ever saw. I found him to be a great foil to the Hulk. So much fun.

But then Jeff Parker took Red Hulk to the darker places of the world of Thaddeus Ross. From his past choices coming to haunt him in "Haunted Hulk", to ignoring sovereign borders and fighting wars his new powered self could win in "Hulk of Arabia", to fighting his demons while fighting Omegex, to even facing repercussions of punching out the Watcher in "Planet Red Hulk". Great, great stuff.
    I loved the Red Hulk's solo book. Thunderbolts had some good moments. I wonder if Marvel not having the film rights to Hulk characters had an effect?

If General Maverick wasn't an established character before today, I'd agree with you. But I do still see your point here. I'm just glad to get a Red Hulk, even if it's not Ross, because I think this is an element that this book really needs to make it fun. Especially since the team doesn't have someone else like Ross, or like USAgent. I'd rather them solve the problem like this than scrap having a Hulk at all.
    I totally agree; although I would have preferred if Marvel had fixed the damage from Omega Hulk and brought back Ross. spoilers:
    WhySoFuriousGeorge made a great theory on General Maverick. If it's not him then I'm guessing it might be Dum Dum Dugan.
    end of spoilers

I'm glad that there will be a Red Hulk in the universe. The new art looks amazing!
    Attached Images Attached Images

I'm glad that there will be a Red Hulk in the universe. The new art looks amazing!
    Still wishing it was Ross, but I do love that art!

Surely the delay was because the last few issues of New Avengers were Civil War II tie-ins?