Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415 LastLast

I love the cover art for USAvengers #4. Looks like they are bringing back American Kaiju.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Mighty Member

You know what would be cool? If they took Betty Ross's Hulk form and hybridized it with her original Harpy mutation.

I'm glad to see Red Hulk return.
    Attached Images Attached Images

So it looks like Ross, dresses like Ross, and holds the same rank, but isn't Ross. Why?
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    So it looks like Ross, dresses like Ross, and holds the same rank, but isn't Ross. Why?
    That is because it was supposed to be General Ross. It was drawn as Ross. But because the Marvel's editorial Department did an incredibly sloppy job, the creators delayed the book and came up with a "now you're the new Red Hulk" remedy. So yeah, it looks like Ross because Ross was announced to be in U.S. Avengers originally. Read the last few pages of this thread for the details.

#NotMyRedHulk

Question is, Ross is supposedly spoken for, but where? Is he going to turn up in Amadeus or Jennifer's books?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Question is, Ross is supposedly spoken for, but where? Is he going to turn up in Amadeus or Jennifer's books?
    Actually, Ross' situation was revealed within CW II: THE FALLEN One Shot. So it's uncertain whether or not he will appear within either of the "Hulks" Series.

Astonishing Member

Cute, I know a lot of folks didn't like the use of a new Rulk but I thought it was handled well.

And since Maverick is only half as strong (in comparison to Rulk or Green is a bit of a question) and limited to an hour it leaves it as plenty of space for Ross as the one main Rulk when/if Ross returns as it.

Quote Originally Posted by PyroTwilight View Post
    Cute, I know a lot of folks didn't like the use of a new Rulk but I thought it was handled well.

And since Maverick is only half as strong (in comparison to Rulk or Green is a bit of a question) and limited to an hour it leaves it as plenty of space for Ross as the one main Rulk when/if Ross returns as it.
    Maverick said "half way to a Hulk" and not half as strong? I'm disappointed that he can only be Rulk for one hour, and only once every 36 hours! I get the feeling that he'll only be there on occasion.

I'm glad it's not Ross. Always hated him as the Red Hulk. And his depowering was much deserved.

I'm just wondering what they have planned for Ross that prevented him from becoming Red Hulk again...it can't be because he's in prison, because that's easy to work around, and it's not like they couldn't write him into wanting to become a Hulk again.

It sounded like there were future plans for Ross that prevented him from being used here, and I'm really curious to see what those are.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thad937 View Post
    Maverick said "half way to a Hulk" and not half as strong? I'm disappointed that he can only be Rulk for one hour, and only once every 36 hours! I get the feeling that he'll only be there on occasion.
    Yeah it's a bit up for interpretation but half way to a Hulk does seem otherwise to mean the same thing as half as strong. What else could it really mean? But I suppose we'll see.

Should have done a Bendis and just added Ross regardless of what other writers have planned for him.

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Space Colony "Londenion", Side 1 (in-character)

Quote Originally Posted by Thad937 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PyroTwilight View Post
    Yeah it's a bit up for interpretation but half way to a Hulk does seem otherwise to mean the same thing as half as strong. What else could it really mean? But I suppose we'll see.
    My interpretation of Maverick's interview was that the Hulk plug-in as originally designed by SHIELD gave half-hulk powers, with a duration of simply switching on or off, a trasnformation between forms at will anytime.

When AIM fiddled with the plug-in, now when somebody with a "compatible physiology" uses it, they get full Hulk power, but the state lasts for only an Hour of Power, then deactivates and needs 36 hours to recharge. But once fully charged, Maverick can activate the plug-in to Hulk out at will anytime.
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

Thank GOD for X'97. Cautious about "From the Ashes". Please no more Blue vs. Orange.

Quote Originally Posted by Londo Bellian View Post
    My interpretation of Maverick's interview was that the Hulk plug-in as originally designed by SHIELD gave half-hulk powers, with a duration of simply switching on or off, a trasnformation between forms at will anytime.

When AIM fiddled with the plug-in, now when somebody with a "compatible physiology" uses it, they get full Hulk power, but the state lasts for only an Hour of Power, then deactivates and needs 36 hours to recharge. But once fully charged, Maverick can activate the plug-in to Hulk out at will anytime.
    I didn't know anything about the plug-in but to change into Red Hulk for one hour and only for once every 36-hours sounds lame IMO. I can already see him changing back when they need him most, which is disappointing. I was willing to give Ewing a pass since it wasn't Thunderbolt Ross. General Maverick gives him a clean slate to develop the character but to only Hulk for an hour took the wind out of my sails.

USAvengers was a good start so hopefully it will continue.
    Last edited by Thad937; 01-08-2017 at 11:20 AM.