Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Roman View Post
    I liked Eaglesham's Art, but I didn't like the way he drew The Red Hulk himself. My favourite Red Hulk artist is probably Gabriel Hardman. He really made Black Fog look terrifying, and was really great at drawing action scenes. I love some of his covers for the series-here's one of my favourites:
    Attachment 18988
    I love Gabriel Hardman's art.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Astonishing Member

I'll soon post my thoughts on Red Hulk 30.1, the issue which introduces one of my favourite Red Hulk villains-Reggie Fortean. After finding this poster on a website, that got me thinking-Rulk's been in some epic battles over the years-who is your favourite Red Hulk enemy?
    Attachment 19099
    Honestly? I liked all of them. And it's a shame that his entire rogue's gallery has been ignored because they're all pretty solid antagonists to have around in the MU. Unfortunately, too many creators/editors are stuck in a mindset of doing cover stories for their old favorites instead of making and utilizing quality characters.

Black Fog for example would be a challenge for any street-leveler.

Zero/One could easily be an Avengers level threat.

Omegex vs Thor or Surfer would be nuts.

Dagan Shah?

Come on! Parker did an excellent job with these characters and Marvel just dumped them into limbo. What a waste.

My favorite is Zero/One!

All-New, All-Different Mighty Roman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thad937 View Post
    I love Gabriel Hardman's art.
    I really like that sketch of Ross. Where is it from?

@Ceebiro-I agree, most of the Red Hulk's rogues gallery have lots of potential. I'd love to see Ghost Rider fight Black Fog, or The Unseen or The Avengers take on Omegex. But my favourite is probably Fortean-because of the irony, his character, and how it bought Ross' journey as The Hulk full circle, knowing how The Hulk felt when he hunted him.
    Currently Reading in Single Issues/Trades:
    Marvel:Hulk (NOW), Ant-Man (NOW), Avengers: Time Runs Out,
    DC:Earth 2, Superman: Earth One, The Flash,
    Titan: Doctor Who: The Tenth Doctor, Doctor Who: Four Doctors,
    Upcoming:
    Secret Wars: Planet Hulk, The Last Days of Ant-Man, House of M,
    Marvel:Totally Awesome Hulk, Astonishing Ant-Man, Carnage,
    DC:Earth 2: Society,
    Titan:Doctor Who: The Tenth Doctor Year 2, Doctor Who: The Eighth Doctor,
    Co-Editor of CBR's Age of Marvel Amazing Line

I really like that sketch of Ross. Where is it from?
    http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=27451
    Quote Originally Posted by Ceebiro View Post
    Honestly? I liked all of them. And it's a shame that his entire rogue's gallery has been ignored because they're all pretty solid antagonists to have around in the MU. Unfortunately, too many creators/editors are stuck in a mindset of doing cover stories for their old favorites instead of making and utilizing quality characters.

Black Fog for example would be a challenge for any street-leveler.

Zero/One could easily be an Avengers level threat.

Omegex vs Thor or Surfer would be nuts.

Dagan Shah?

Come on! Parker did an excellent job with these characters and Marvel just dumped them into limbo. What a waste.

My favorite is Zero/One!
    I agree, Rulks Rogues Gallery was awesome. Dagan Shah, reminds me of Dr Doom and Magneto. Zero/One was good, I thought that she would have shown up in Thunderbolts.

Talking of Rulk's Rogues Gallery, here's my thoughts on Red Hulk #30.1:

Red Hulk #30.1
    'The Whale'
    What Happens: Red Hulk is violently beaten by General Reggie Fortean, a US Army General, and former comrade of Thunderbolt Ross, who The Red Hulk 'murdered'. Soon, Fortean issues an ultimatum: Red Hulk must surrender himself to the US Army, or Fortean will begin to hunt him down...
    What did I think of it: This was one of Marvel's Point One issues, which are designed as a jumping on point for new readers, which starts a new story or direction for the title. Red Hulk does this by introducing a new villain: reggie Fortean, and introducing Red Hulk via him. However, this doesn't give potential new readers a very in-depth view of Rulk himself-in fact he seems more like a villain in this issue (or at least he does from Fortean's point of view). Also, this issue introduces Annie. She doesn't appear much in this issue, but soon becomes a great recurring character. This issue also expands on another irony of Ross being stuck looking like his greatest enemy-being hunted down by a General who thinks he's a menace. In fact, Rulk's speech to Fortean, saying that hunting a Hulk makes you lose focus on what's really important, shows how much Ross has developed as a character-from a 2D villain to a full, sympathetic character.
    In summary, this issue shows how much Ross has changed, and introduces a great villain with an interesting new motive. Another great issue.

Next, I'm going to read Incredible Hulk #600, the story that introduced me to The Red Hulk. When did you guys first encounter The Red Hulk?
    Upcoming:

Astonishing Member

Red Hulk vs The Kingpin....

I love RULK too. One of my favorite villian/hero.
    The hunt of Fortean was the tragic one.
    Fortean remind Rulk as him in the past. Endless hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Freddie View Post
    I love RULK too. One of my favorite villian/hero.
    The hunt of Fortean was the tragic one.
    Fortean remind Rulk as him in the past. Endless hunt.
    Hi Freddie, Welcome to CBR, and to the IncREDible Appreciation thread!
    I definitely found the similarities between Rulk and Ross to be very ironic, especially how Fortean was hunting down Rulk for the 'murder' of Ross.
    Last edited by Mighty Roman; 03-13-2015 at 04:43 AM.

Thank for warm welcome.
    It was too complicate to explain everything to Fortean in RULK form.
    Unfortunately, he cannot face Fortean in human form too.

However, thanks for Fortean and Omegex to make RULK realized how important of being human more than Hulk. After that event, he tries to keep himself in human form as much as he can.

Brought to you by CarlsJr SickAlice's Avatar

I absolutely loved Parker's run. Zero/One was my favorite character seconded by Annie. I was going to put that in the Unpopular Opinions thread, however it's nice to see I'm not a loner.
    I make love, you make me sick.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Freddie View Post
    However, thanks for Fortean and Omegex to make RULK realized how important of being human more than Hulk. After that event, he tries to keep himself in human form as much as he can.
    I wish that the same could apply to Jennifer Walters as everyone wants to keep her as the She-Hulk instead of her human form, which is important as well. Professionally and socially, Jennifer should stay in her human form and use the She-Hulk for the more important battles.

What did you guys think of Jeph Loeb's run? I wasn't a fan of Rulk hitting the Watcher, but other than that I thought it was great read. Ross had a lot of character growth. I love Ed McGuinness' art.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thad937 View Post
    What did you guys think of Jeph Loeb's run? I wasn't a fan of Rulk hitting the Watcher, but other than that I thought it was great read. Ross had a lot of character growth. I love Ed McGuinness' art.
    I actually enjoyed parts of Loeb's Hulk run.

Yes, Loeb did stretch out the mystery for too long (and jobbed the hell out of established characters) but all in all, it was just crazy, silly fun.

Firstly I'd like to welcome everyone to the IncREDible thread. Glad to see that there are so many Red Hulk fans here. Personally, I really enjoyed Loeb's run. It was very action-movie fun (especially the fight with Thor in space). Plus, the series had some great artists. Also, I liked how Parker later made the Watcher punch lead into the Omegex story.
    Last edited by Mighty Roman; 03-15-2015 at 12:31 AM.
    Upcoming:

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

I thought the introduction of the Red Hulk was absolutely amazing as he was a menace unlike anything the Marvel Universe had seen before: a Hulk that was more than just crazy powerful, but cunning, intelligent and utterly vicious. I also enjoyed Jeph Loeb's run (just started re-reading it) and Mighty Roman's description of it as "action movie fun" (Rulk's throwdown with Thor was classic) was right on target, and while it could be argued that Loeb unnecesarily stretched out the mystery of Rulk's identity, when it was finally revealed, it shocked even me, and I like to think I'm old enough not to surprised by anything that happens in super hero books. All in all, a great character who deserves more exposure.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!