Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Just read Hulk #14.

The clash between Rulk and Hulk was very impressive.
    Rulk did better than I thought.
    I am sure he can survive from de-powering.

All-New, All-Different Mighty Roman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Freddie View Post
    Just read Hulk #14.
    Hopefully he will. Glad that Deadpool's history with Rulk was featured. Plus, we got to see some more Red Hulk action! Here's a scene of Red Hulk showing off his skill:

Plus, here's a picture of Rulk from a story we haven't mentioned yet-Venom: Circle of Four. In this story, Red Hulk joins a New version of the New Fantastic Four, and becomes a Hulked-Out, Symbiote-Powered, Spirit of Vengeance!

Quote Originally Posted by Freddie View Post
    Just read Hulk #14.

The fight between Doc Green vs Red Hulk was awesome! I hope that Duggan explains Doc Green's motivation.

Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Roman View Post
    Hopefully he will. Glad that Deadpool's history with Rulk was featured. Plus, we got to see some more Red Hulk action! Here's a scene of Red Hulk showing off his skill:

Plus, here's a picture of Rulk from a story we haven't mentioned yet-Venom: Circle of Four. In this story, Red Hulk joins a New version of the New Fantastic Four, and becomes a Hulked-Out, Symbiote-Powered, Spirit of Vengeance!
    Circle of Four was a great story. I believe that was the inspiration for the Ross lead Thunderbolts.

Red Hulk News Update!
    Red Hulk Confirmed for Secret Wars!
    In a preview of Secret Wars: Planet Hulk, Red Hulk has made an appearance-apparently as The Red King!
    Meanwhile Thunderbolt Ross has been confirmed to make an appearance in Secret Wars: Battleworld. Also, Greg Pak has been confirmed to write a backup story about the origins of Planet Hulk-perhaps the Ross story is set in that era, and leads into his transformation in to the Red King?
    Red Hulk returns to the Marvel UK titles.
    In the UK, Marvel ran a Red Hulk reprint feature in the back of the UK reprint title Incredible Hulks, for the first 27 issues of that title. Now, as the Red She-Hulk feature has ended, Panini has confirmed that Red Hulk will be returning to the title-printing 'lost stories' from the character's early days, which haven't been reprinted in the UK before.

So, the Red Hulk is back all over the world!

Love that news. Hopefully this means good things for 616 Rulk following the Omega Hulk story. You know that reminds me; we never did get any kind of follow up to the story back in A+X #1 where it showed Rulk as president in a dark future having sent Wolverine and Hulk back in time to stop Rulk of the present day.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Love that news. Hopefully this means good things for 616 Rulk following the Omega Hulk story. You know that reminds me; we never did get any kind of follow up to the story back in A+X #1 where it showed Rulk as president in a dark future having sent Wolverine and Hulk back in time to stop Rulk of the present day.
    It's strange that they never followed that up-perhaps they planned to resolve it in Thunderbolts (before it was cancelled). Also, what if Red Hulk 'dying' (losing his powers) is what leads to him becoming President Rulk?

Plus, I loved how President Rulk rocked the moustache. Back in the Red Hulk solo title, I remember how many letters asked for the Red Hulk to grow a moustache.
    Currently Reading in Single Issues/Trades:
    Marvel:Hulk (NOW), Ant-Man (NOW), Avengers: Time Runs Out,
    DC:Earth 2, Superman: Earth One, The Flash,
    Titan: Doctor Who: The Tenth Doctor, Doctor Who: Four Doctors,
    Upcoming:
    Secret Wars: Planet Hulk, The Last Days of Ant-Man, House of M,
    Marvel:Totally Awesome Hulk, Astonishing Ant-Man, Carnage,
    DC:Earth 2: Society,
    Titan:Doctor Who: The Tenth Doctor Year 2, Doctor Who: The Eighth Doctor,
    Co-Editor of CBR's Age of Marvel Amazing Line

Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Roman View Post
    Red Hulk News Update!
    Red Hulk Confirmed for Secret Wars!
    In a preview of Secret Wars: Planet Hulk, Red Hulk has made an appearance-apparently as The Red King!
    Meanwhile Thunderbolt Ross has been confirmed to make an appearance in Secret Wars: Battleworld. Also, Greg Pak has been confirmed to write a backup story about the origins of Planet Hulk-perhaps the Ross story is set in that era, and leads into his transformation in to the Red King?
    Red Hulk returns to the Marvel UK titles.
    In the UK, Marvel ran a Red Hulk reprint feature in the back of the UK reprint title Incredible Hulks, for the first 27 issues of that title. Now, as the Red She-Hulk feature has ended, Panini has confirmed that Red Hulk will be returning to the title-printing 'lost stories' from the character's early days, which haven't been reprinted in the UK before.

So, the Red Hulk is back all over the world!
    In light of his depowering in HULK 15... good news indeed!

This one is interesting. The original Ed McGuinness / Dexter Vines Cover Variant artwork for HULK #1 has what appears to be Amadeus Cho to the right of the Red Hulk. Yet in the final printed version, Amadeus was replaced with Doc Samson... and Amadeus was nowhere to be found in the issue (inside nor out).

Last edited by TheStrongestOne; 05-02-2015 at 04:49 AM.

That is pretty weird. In fact, there was a rumour that Red Hulk was actually going to be Glenn Talbot, until it was changed to Thunderbolt Ross. Plus, I just love that picture of Red Hulk in the 'really big gun collection' scene. I can't remember where it's from though. Was it in X-Sanction? Meanwhile...

[/Red Hulk News Update!
    Here's some info from this week's Axel-In-Charge (many thanks to The Strongest One There Is):
    Quote Originally Posted by Axel Alonso
    In 'Hulk' #15, we witnessed the demise of Red Hulk. Big Red has garnered a lot of fans especially after Jeff Parker's great run, so please tell us we haven't seen the last of Rulk!"*
    Well, you'll see a completely different version of Ross in "Secret Wars: Battleworld #4", which might hint at his post-"Secret Wars" status quo. Then again, maybe it won't.
    So what could this mean? Will Ross remain as the Hulk-hunting War Machine after Secret Wars?
    Upcoming:

That is pretty weird. In fact, there was a rumour that Red Hulk was actually going to be Glenn Talbot, until it was changed to Thunderbolt Ross. Plus, I just love that picture of Red Hulk in the 'really big gun collection' scene. I can't remember where it's from though. Was it in X-Sanction? Meanwhile...
    Yep that pic is from Avengers X-Sanction. And in that series Cable revealed that in his (different) timeline, Red Hulk was actually Glenn Talbot.

So what could this mean? Will Ross remain as the Hulk-hunting War Machine after Secret Wars?
    Ugh I hope not.

Is his face half machine? Is Ross a cyborg? Is that two-toed robotic feet? (shudder) I'll try to keep an open mind but boy do I miss Joe Quesada...

It's good to see all the support Rulk gets though.. http://community.comicbookresources....uot-to-a-Close
    Last edited by TheStrongestOne; 05-02-2015 at 07:09 AM.

Default General Ross returns to the MCU !!

He's baaaaaaaack!

Set for release in the United States on May 6, 2016, “Captain America: Civil War” is directed by Anthony and Joe Russo (Marvel’s “Captain America: The Winter Soldier,” “Community”) from a screenplay by Christopher Markus & Stephen McFeely (“Captain America: The Winter Solider,” Marvel’s “Captain America: The First Avenger”). The film returns Chris Evans (“Captain America: The Winter Soldier,” Marvel’s “Avengers: Age of Ultron”) as the iconic Super Hero character Steve Rogers/Captain America along with Robert Downey Jr. (“Avengers: Age of Ultron,” Marvel’s “Iron Man 3”) as Tony Stark/Iron Man, Scarlett Johansson (“Avengers: Age of Ultron,” “Captain America: The Winter Soldier”) as Natasha Romanoff/Black Widow, Sebastian Stan (“Captain America: The Winter Soldier,” “Captain America: The First Avenger”) as Bucky Barnes/Winter Soldier, Anthony Mackie (“Avengers: Age of Ultron,” “Captain America: The Winter Soldier”) as Sam Wilson/Falcon, Paul Bettany (“Avengers: Age of Ultron,” “Iron Man 3”) as The Vision, Jeremy Renner (“Avengers: Age of Ultron,” Marvel’s “The Avengers”) as Clint Barton/Hawkeye, Don Cheadle (“Avengers: Age of Ultron,” “Iron Man 3”) as Jim Rhodes/War Machine and Elizabeth Olsen (“Avengers: Age of Ultron,” “Godzilla”) as Wanda Maximoff/Scarlet Witch.

After his debut in Marvel’s “Ant-Man” on July 17, 2015, Paul Rudd (“Ant-Man,” ”Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues”) will make his first appearance alongside the Avengers as Scott Lang/Ant-Man in “Captain America: Civil War.”

The film also includes outstanding additional cast, including Chadwick Boseman (“42,” “Get on Up”) as T’Challa/Black Panther, Emily VanCamp (“Captain America: The Winter Soldier,” “Revenge”) as Sharon Carter/Agent 13, Daniel Brühl (“Inglourious Basterds,” “Bourne Ultimatum”), Frank Grillo (“Captain America: The Winter Soldier,” “Warrior”) as Brock Rumlow/Crossbones, William Hurt (“A History of Violence,” Marvel’s “The Incredible Hulk”) as General Thaddeus “Thunderbolt” Ross and Martin Freeman (“The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey,” “The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies”).

“Captain America: Civil War” picks up where “Avengers: Age of Ultron” left off, as Steve Rogers leads the new team of Avengers in their continued efforts to safeguard humanity. After another international incident involving the Avengers results in collateral damage, political pressure mounts to install a system of accountability and a governing body to determine when to enlist the services of the team. The new status quo fractures the Avengers while they try to protect the world from a new and nefarious villain.

Quote Originally Posted by TheStrongestOne View Post
    This one is interesting. The original Ed McGuinness / Dexter Vines Cover Variant artwork for HULK #1 has what appears to be Amadeus Cho to the right of the Red Hulk. Yet in the final printed version, Amadeus was replaced with Doc Samson... and Amadeus was nowhere to be found in the issue (inside nor out).

I'm not sure if that's Amadeus? I think that it's supposed to be Rick Jones.

Yes! Glad to see William Hurt back as Ross-hopefully a Red Hulk transformation will be in order? Hopefully some other characters from the Incredible Hulk will return to the MCU. I'd love to see Ty Burrell finally become Doc Samson.

As for that alternate cover, It does look like Rick-I don't remember Amadeus appearing in the main Red Hulk title-he was pretty busy with The Mighty Avengers.
    Upcoming:

Default General Ross in ANT-MAN?

Well considering Starlog reported this rumor last October about General Ross appearing in both "Ant-Man" and "Civil War" MCU films... and now that the Civil War portion has been proven true... we may very well be seeing old "Thunderbolt" Ross in theaters this Summer in "Ant-Man"!

http://www.starlog.com/rumor-how-wil...ain-america-3/

* SPOILERS - IF TRUE *
    According to this anonymous party, ANT-MAN will take place alongside the events of AGE OF ULTRON, the fall-out of which will spur on the Superhuman Registration Act. While ANT-MAN is largely self-contained in nature, the references of the MCU will come from Pym’s past as a scientist for S.H.I.E.L.D. in the ’60s, having worked alongside Howard Stark, Arnim Zola and Alexander Pierce. However, in this flashback sequence, Pym will supposedly also have a run-in with a young military hot-head by the name of Thaddeus “Thunderbolt” Ross, who Marvel fans have last seen in THE INCREDIBLE HULK as played by William Hurt.

The party goes on to say S.H.I.E.L.D.’s downfall in THE WINTER SOLDIER forced Pym into the private sector, which makes him vulnerable and essentially serves as catalyst for the events that follow in ANT-MAN. And according to the party, a shooting draft of ANT-MAN’s post-credit stinger shows the older Ross re-appearing to Pym, claiming he’d been sent by Tony Stark. When asked why, Ross allegedly responds, “Haven’t you seen the news? We’re at war.”

The party also claims Ross will play a supporting role in CAPTAIN AMERICA 3, begrudgingly helping Tony Stark enforce the Superhero Registration Act and giving him military aid as Stark’s hesitant to use his own technology post-ULTRON.

Last edited by TheStrongestOne; 05-12-2015 at 07:18 AM.

Maybe Ross will take the role of Reed Richards on the SHRA side. Perhaps we could have hints at the Red Hulk during Civil War too. Or at least some kind of Hulkbuster squad forming. I'm glad that Ross now has a big, connective presence in the MCU in Phase 3, similar to Coulson in Phase 1.
    Upcoming: