Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Haunted Hulk is one of my favorites stories. I am seeing a lot of speculation about Red Hulk appearing in Captain America Civil War. If he does appear, hopefully Marvel will bring him back in the comics as well, fingers crossed.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Does anyone think it's possible that Brian Talbot could become a new Red Hulk sometime after SW? I remember back during Avengers: X-Sanction Cable referred to Rulk as Talbot despite it being Ross at the time but that plot point was never followed up on.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Does anyone think it's possible that Brian Talbot could become a new Red Hulk sometime after SW? I remember back during Avengers: X-Sanction Cable referred to Rulk as Talbot despite it being Ross at the time but that plot point was never followed up on.
    It's definitely possible. There are two Red Hulk alternate timeline strings still dangling out there that can be picked up after Secret Wars. One is the timeline you just mentioned, which was Cable's timeline, where Talbot is actually the Red Hulk. The other timeline dangling is from A+X #1 where Ross apparently accomplished the goals that he & The Intellegencia set out for in "World War Hulks" where Rulk successfully took over the White House. Interestingly enough however, artist Dale Keown strangely gave Rulk a mustache in that book, yet left him eyebrowless (which completely made no sense).

Here's a page from each:

ALTERNATE TIMELINE #1

ALTERNATE TIMELINE #2
    Last edited by TheStrongestOne; 06-07-2015 at 05:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Brian Talbot was a part of Gamma Corps known simply as Grey. They all got de-powered in Omega Hulk.

Gamma Corps9.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Thad937 View Post
    Brian Talbot was a part of Gamma Corps known simply as Grey. They all got de-powered in Omega Hulk.

Gamma Corps9.jpg
    Yep, and that happened in the normal 616 Universe timeline, not Cable's alternate timeline. However I read too fast. I didn't realize until now that Kurolegacy thought Cable was saying that "Brian"Talbot was the Red Hulk. However, in issue #3 of Avengers X-Sanction, the full name of Glenn Talbot was mentioned specifically. So Glenn (not Brian) is the Rulk in Cable's timeline.

Now if any of this will be explored after Secret Wars remains to be seen. It would be interesting though... especially the Ross/Rulk as President of the United States.

Red Hulk and Deadpool by In-Hyuk Lee

Red Hulk and Deadpool4.jpg

I read Secret Wars : Battleworld #2

*SPOILERS*

It was a curious "What if" scenario... Ross as a cybernetic "War Machine" driven by anger over the murder of his daughter Betty. It's an interesting premise that really might have been a solid read if fleshed out properly. Yet it was an impossible task because this story was only half of the issue, while the rest of the comic explored a Blade & Howard the Duck teamup. I'd give it a C-

Last edited by TheStrongestOne; 06-12-2015 at 04:10 PM.

I meant to post they sooner but I have not long finished the Marvel Legends Red Hulk build-a-figure and he is a great looking figure. Here are a few photos.

The flames are from another figure but I thought he would look cool with them.

Here he is in comparion to his daughter.

With his Marvel Universe conterpart or Red Hulk Jr.

I know these are not the best quality but in hand he is quite awesome looking.

Quote Originally Posted by comicfan298 View Post
    I meant to post they sooner but I have not long finished the Marvel Legends Red Hulk build-a-figure and he is a great looking figure. Here are a few photos.

The flames are from another figure but I thought he would look cool with them.
    That is really, REALLY cool how you incorporated the flames on him. I wish it came that way. Well done! 👍
    Last edited by TheStrongestOne; 06-12-2015 at 07:52 PM.

Amazing Member

Real cool stuff, Thad and Comicfan. Had to google build-a-figure to confirm my hunch that it was the 'one piece packaged with another figure' thing. I applaud the commitment!

I flicked through Battleworld #2 myself, and wasn't completely disappointed. Yeah, the story's a bit thin, and Ross has gone back to being the Ahab; but he's not exactly being portrayed as a froth-mouthed villain because of it, partly because of the 'monsters' he's going after. Gives me hope that there's still someone at Marvel who can view Ross at least partially from a sympathetic point of view, even if he doesn't go big and red again.

Quote Originally Posted by Vermis View Post
    Real cool stuff, Thad and Comicfan. Had to google build-a-figure to confirm my hunch that it was the 'one piece packaged with another figure' thing. I applaud the commitment!

I flicked through Battleworld #2 myself, and wasn't completely disappointed. Yeah, the story's a bit thin, and Ross has gone back to being the Ahab; but he's not exactly being portrayed as a froth-mouthed villain because of it, partly because of the 'monsters' he's going after. Gives me hope that there's still someone at Marvel who can view Ross at least partially from a sympathetic point of view, even if he doesn't go big and red again.
    I actually didn't see Ross as Ahab at all in this one-shot. I saw him as tragic. True, he's still after the monster that killed his daughter, but the way I read it is that monster was more abstract. That Ross was just in a cycle of violence and no matter how many monsters he would slay to dull the pain of his loss, it would never be enough... even if he truly believed Taskmaster was behind Betty's death. As he said "The whole damn world killed my daughter". So I actually saw Ross as a sympathetic victim. True I can see Ahab parallels, but it doesn't feel like a man lost in revenge as much as it feels a man lost in grief. Either way you look at it however, I agree, it was nice to see that sympathetic point of view.

I actually wish we could have seen more of it. But Marvel wanted to give us Blade and Howard the Duck. I'm actually a fan of Blade, but that team up? I just couldn't take it seriously. The ridiculousness of it all kept taking me out of the story. And maybe others can, but I couldn't appreciate that ridiculousness.
    Last edited by TheStrongestOne; 06-13-2015 at 03:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheStrongestOne View Post
    That is really, REALLY cool how you incorporated the flames on him. I wish it came that way. Well done! ��
    It was nothing the flames came from a figure with a similar build (Ultimate Green Goblin) but yeah its shame he didn't. Here's hoping they make another Red Hulk figure with flames.

Quote Originally Posted by Vermis View Post
    I got lucky with most of the parts on Ebay since it's an older figure, it did take a while but was worth it. Been wanting to get all the Gamma related characters in Legends and Red was one of the most wanted planning on getting other Gamma characters Skaar, Abomination, Doc Samson and Lyra when she is released.

http://m.ign.com/articles/2015/06/24...rica-civil-war

So William Hurt finally spoke about his involvement in Captain America Civil War and he had this to say:

"I loved playing Ross the first time because I was able to try and create an ego as big as the monster he was chasing. And one that was as warped too," he said. "[Ross in Civil War] is different because it's a different style. It's a more modernized style. And what they've done is they've taken a character who was the Ross from the older film and made a new version. This is a much newer Ross. A much different Ross. And I liked that a lot. I haven't had a lot of time to understand it, but I'm doing the best I can. And they haven't fired me yet."

So William Hurt says it's a much newer Ross. A much different Ross. And what intrigues me the most is when Hurt says "I haven't had a lot of time to understand it, but I'm doing the best I can". What is there not to understand? Except for his Red Hulk transformation and motivations, General Ross is always General Ross. It's not a hard character for Hurt to nail down

So condidering that, while I really don't want to get my hopes up, does this scream "Red Hulk" to any of you?

Quote Originally Posted by TheStrongestOne View Post
    http://m.ign.com/articles/2015/06/24...rica-civil-war

So William Hurt finally spoke about his involvement in Captain America Civil War and he had this to say:

"I loved playing Ross the first time because I was able to try and create an ego as big as the monster he was chasing. And one that was as warped too," he said. "[Ross in Civil War] is different because it's a different style. It's a more modernized style. And what they've done is they've taken a character who was the Ross from the older film and made a new version. This is a much newer Ross. A much different Ross. And I liked that a lot. I haven't had a lot of time to understand it, but I'm doing the best I can. And they haven't fired me yet."

So William Hurt says it's a much newer Ross. A much different Ross. And what intrigues me the most is when Hurt says "I haven't had a lot of time to understand it, but I'm doing the best I can". What is there not to understand? Except for his Red Hulk transformation and motivations, General Ross is always General Ross. It's not a hard character for Hurt to nail down

So considering that, while I really don't want to get my hopes up, does this scream "Red Hulk" to any of you?
    That is my impression, I hope they do Red Hulk justice if he is in Civil War.

Another new character I enjoy, although I liked him far better in his initial run as a pure villain than he's current stint as a somewhat watered down anti-hero. There is just something appealing about an intelligence villainous Hulk with heat inducing powers in his arsenal.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."