Page 80 of 95 FirstFirst ... 307076777879808182838490 ... LastLast
Results 1,186 to 1,200 of 1420

I liked the concept of Diana and Kal together when it was first announced because I thought it would make for some interesting storytelling (not that they necessary ultimately go together long term IMO.)

It started strong, but I don't think DC "went there" enough during the duration of their relationship in how this pairing would fundamentally change the DCU - sociologically, celebrity culture, politics, hero culture, villain relationships/teaming together that might not have happened otherwise. Lots of potential, but not a lot of payoff.

Regardless it was a fun ride for what it was.

One opportunity I think they missed was having Lois Lane and Steve Trevor meet up and date during this time period. Fearless reporter meets ARGUS leader could have been an interesting story to tell in parallel to Superman and Wonder Woman.
    Last edited by WonderScott; 07-09-2017 at 01:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hellacre View Post
    That is hilarious!

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    I liked the concept of Diana and Kal together when it was first announced because I thought it would make for some interesting storytelling (not that they necessary ultimately go together long term IMO.)

It started strong, but I don't think DC "went there" enough during the duration of their relationship in how this pairing would fundamentally change the DCU - sociologically, celebrity culture, politics, hero culture, villain relationships/teaming together that might not have happened otherwise. Lots of potential, but not a lot of payoff.

Regardless it was a fun ride for what it was.

One opportunity I think they missed was having Lois Lane and Steve Trevor meet up and date during this time period. Fearless reporter meets ARGUS leader could have been an interesting story to tell in parallel to Superman and Wonder Woman.
    Very good points and I tend to agree. SMWW definitely started strong (so strong, in fact, Marvel offered Charles Soule an Exclusive 5 year contract when he finished his 12 issue run on SMWW) and the first arc 'Power Couple' won the Excelsior Award the year it came out in trade; but I think the series suffered a bit when too many crossovers / events were more or less forced upon it. There were still plenty of great moments tho (but yes certainly room for more stories, adventures, etc so hopefully they'll revisit the idea in some form in the not-too-distant future)

I also agree that Trevor and Lois would have made an interesting dynamic -- even if they'd just met and interacted a bit -- I mean, Lois has a background in the military (what with her father being a general) and Trevor was involved in a group of superheroes ... so it could have worked

Simply Tomasi cannot do a proper couple. He came also to sabotage and end it. Coming off the Superman summit etc...Soule actually told a fan at a con DC desired to do something else. I assume Rebirth. Soule said he had more stories including a Diana centric arc .

Tomasi admits to being unable to give Diana her due. To find place for her. It's a bummer to think one of the best creators on comics had more for us and DC let him go. Soule's depiction of Diana imo remains one of the best, very nuanced and balanced.
    Last edited by hellacre; 07-10-2017 at 12:10 PM.

Clark and Diana doing dishes and their children eye rolling at the sound of any PDA.

Clark & Diana Whata Team! Super-Wonder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by friendly-fire-press View Post
    Very good points and I tend to agree. SMWW definitely started strong (so strong, in fact, Marvel offered Charles Soule an Exclusive 5 year contract when he finished his 12 issue run on SMWW) and the first arc 'Power Couple' won the Excelsior Award the year it came out in trade; but I think the series suffered a bit when too many crossovers / events were more or less forced upon it. There were still plenty of great moments tho (but yes certainly room for more stories, adventures, etc so hopefully they'll revisit the idea in some form in the not-too-distant future)
    Totally agree.

I also agree that Trevor and Lois would have made an interesting dynamic -- even if they'd just met and interacted a bit -- I mean, Lois has a background in the military (what with her father being a general) and Trevor was involved in a group of superheroes ... so it could have worked
    I think along these same lines as well, and when the Superman/Wonder Woman title was being published regularly, I started working out a fan fic title I named "Trevor Lane", picturing the title logo in a street sign with their association starting with a link to Sam Lane.
    Last edited by Super-Wonder; 07-19-2017 at 11:39 AM.
    Wonderfully Superb

Quote Originally Posted by Super-Wonder View Post
    I think along these same lines as well, and when the Superman/Wonder Woman title wbeing published regularly, I started working out a fan fic title I named "Trevor Lane", picturing the title logo in a street sign with their association starting with a link to Sam Lane.
    Yes. There's much potential and logic there. Sounds like a cool fan fic btw.

Clark & Diana Whata Team! Super-Wonder's Avatar

Wink Superman & Wonder Woman at the Bar.

Silly, Work in Progress, bar scene paring up supporting characters and Villains.
    Wonderfully Superb

Justice League movie calendars are out. There are various versions. One of them has a nice December image of Gal and Henry side-by-side

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Justice League movie calendars are out. There are various versions. One of them has a nice December image of Gal and Henry side-by-side

December...

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    December...

Oh yes! The holidays are indeed looking happy

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by hellacre View Post
    Thats a sitcom waiting to happen.