Page 51 of 95 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Well then, in the spirit of detente, here is one I did up special

If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

For my contribution to putting this mess behind us, I will say that Chris Pine's performance as Steve Trevor might just be my favorite Chris Pine performance yet. I already care more about this Steve than I generally tend to.

Back on topic? DCEU SM/WW!

dceu_superman_and_wonder_woman_by_rnortontiger-dac9c7p.jpg

Not that I necessarily want our pairing in the DCEU. There's just no way to do it without making Clark, Diana, and/or Lois look really, REALLY bad. But still, it's nice to dream.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

And despite what DC has done in comics and movies...people continue to ship what they will. They buy the merch they like and continue to celebrate the pairing they like.

Seeing many people using the Lego, DCEU and other action figures in photography.

Memory of our new 52 Clark.

Last edited by hellacre; 08-01-2016 at 09:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    For my contribution to putting this mess behind us, I will say that Chris Pine's performance as Steve Trevor might just be my favorite Chris Pine performance yet. I already care more about this Steve than I generally tend to.

Back on topic? DCEU SM/WW!

dceu_superman_and_wonder_woman_by_rnortontiger-dac9c7p.jpg

Not that I necessarily want our pairing in the DCEU. There's just no way to do it without making Clark, Diana, and/or Lois look really, REALLY bad. But still, it's nice to dream.
    Well people will ship what they will no matter what and just like Steve might prob pass away...Diana's life moves on as it should. We don't know how long the DCEU will go into the future and you have two people who are nearly immortal...so this isn't far fetched. Most elseworlds address the effect of time on SM and WW's world. Thor has a new love interest in Ragnarok and I suspect it just depends the approach they take and how they evolve relationships. They can end organically. So really there is nothing wrong imo looking at SM and WW finding each other after a few relationships under their belt in the far future.
    Last edited by hellacre; 08-01-2016 at 10:00 AM.

When people see themselves as SMWW and buy the merch. So much of this stuff people tag us on IG.

Not a fan of mashed up ship names...we kinda try to stay with SuperWonder and use Clark and Diana's actual full names but some people coin their own. hehe.

When Diana had a hair cut.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hellacre View Post
    Well people will ship what they will no matter what and just like Steve might prob pass away...Diana's life moves on as it should. We don't know how long the DCEU will go into the future and you have two people who are nearly immortal...so this isn't far fetched. Most elseworlds address the effect of time on SM and WW's world. Thor has a new love interest in Ragnarok and I suspect it just depends the approach they take and how they evolve relationships. They can end organically. So really there is nothing wrong imo looking at SM and WW finding each other after a few relationships under their belt in the far future.
    Yeah, it can be done, but it needs to be done in a way that doesn't look like Clark is cheating on Lois or like Diana is stealing Clark.

As you say, a story set in the future after Lois' death would be the easiest route to go. No one can fault Clark for moving on after losing Lois. Alternate universe setting would also work fine. In THIS universe, Lois and Clark never met up. Main universe relationships can stay where they are. Easy.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post

On a more serious note you do find her looking melancholy during the trailers alot, and that is somewhat worrying given how well that does for superman. Still hopeful for this film though.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    Yeah, it can be done, but it needs to be done in a way that doesn't look like Clark is cheating on Lois or like Diana is stealing Clark.

As you say, a story set in the future after Lois' death would be the easiest route to go. No one can fault Clark for moving on after losing Lois. Alternate universe setting would also work fine. In THIS universe, Lois and Clark never met up. Main universe relationships can stay where they are. Easy.
    I don't know, they could always cast Jeb Friedman in the next film. I think that might work. (Not serious by the way)

Clark & Diana Whata Team! Super-Wonder's Avatar
    Wonderfully Superb

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post

Good image.

This pic was taken in Cambridge, England.