Thread: Leverage

Default Leverage

Anyone else a fan of this show? I'm on the third season re-watch and am really enjoying it.

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

Yep... watched every episode.

I have to admit I often couldn't follow the con itself... it's one of those things where if you miss one particular sentence of dialogue or meaningful visual cue, you lose track. But I watched it more for the characters than the plot... similar to Ocean's 11 or The A-Team.

The Librarians, now on TNT, is kind of a more light-hearted remake of Leverage by the same creative team, with a supernatural element added. (And Christian Kane is in it too).

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    Yep... watched every episode.

I have to admit I often couldn't follow the con itself... it's one of those things where if you miss one particular sentence of dialogue or meaningful visual cue, you lose track. But I watched it more for the characters than the plot... similar to Ocean's 11 or The A-Team.

The Librarians, now on TNT, is kind of a more light-hearted remake of Leverage by the same creative team, with a supernatural element added. (And Christian Kane is in it too).
    Yeah I had problems following the cons to. Who was your favorite character?

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Yeah I had problems following the cons to. Who was your favorite character?
    Parker. I like funny and unpredictable characters who nevertheless manage to be fantastically good at what they do.

BANNED

maybe because i watched hustle, which started before this show, but i thought the cons were easy to follow.

the show was alright, but one thing i couldn't stand was the cookie cutter bad guys. they were also so mustache twirling evil and the show would still add more 'evilness' to them just in case you didn't know they were really really bad people who ate babies, kicked puppies and stole from the salt of the earth american apple pie making honest folks. but like hustle, i guess they needed to add on the extra 'evil'

i loved hardison and parker though and loved watching them get under elliot's skin

Quote Originally Posted by 7thangel View Post
    the show was alright, but one thing i couldn't stand was the cookie cutter bad guys. they were also so mustache twirling evil and the show would still add more 'evilness' to them just in case you didn't know they were really really bad people who ate babies, kicked puppies and stole from the salt of the earth american apple pie making honest folks. but like hustle, i guess they needed to add on the extra 'evil'
    But there are people like that in the world (many if not most of the villains were based on real-life counterparts). The truly evil were the people Team Leverage enjoyed going after the most. Also, this show was intended to be kind of a throwback to those old TV shows from the 70's and earlier, where bad guys weren't supposed to be multi-layered and relatable and in shades of gray... they were supposed to be evil so you'd pump your fist and feel good when they got taken down.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    But there are people like that in the world (many if not most of the villains were based on real-life counterparts). The truly evil were the people Team Leverage enjoyed going after the most. Also, this show was intended to be kind of a throwback to those old TV shows from the 70's and earlier, where bad guys weren't supposed to be multi-layered and relatable and in shades of gray... they were supposed to be evil so you'd pump your fist and feel good when they got taken down.
    There were instances where the show runners said they TONED DOWN some of the villains, because they were, in real life, so despicable. (Think of the Enron people).

Watched the show from start to finish last year. Loved every minute of it. After spending years reading about how the rich and influential negatively impact other people's lives, it was cathartic to watch a series where characters work to take back their power.

Nate, Parker, Sophie and Hardison were my favorites. Love Elliot too but he didn't resonate with me as much as the others did.

The episode where Clancy Brown guest appeared is one of my favorites; mainly because it was fun seeing the DCAU Lex Luthor on screen.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly