Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

I wouldn't be surprised to see Kathy stay in the shadows and manipulate a Helena led Spyral organization. I personally don't think Helena is (knowingly) working for Kathy. The dynamic between Dick and Helena was awesome before, but what if she's his boss?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    I (like other fans), think Minos is still alive but we won't see any proof of that for a while, maybe not til "season three".

I badly want them to expand on The Tiger. If he is being setup as Dick's arch nemesis, we need more panel time for him. This next "season" will be the coming out party for the character, as he will be Dick's new partner, IMO. I think they'll butt heads at first, but both will grudgingly gain each others respect and trust. I'm with other posters who believe them having a friendship first will make the eventual falling out or betrayal that much more meaningful and memorable. I'm really looking forward to this angle (hopefully!)

I'm hoping Dick and Tiger will have a run-in with Midnighter. I could see the Tiger-Dick (or Dick-Tiger) team having Midnighter caught cold and Dick letting Midnighter go, much to Tiger's disapproval. Or Tiger doing something to Midnighter and Dick not going along with it.

I'd love to see the Damian situation resolved in the first cross over with a bat title, that being Damian's new monthly book,(after Son of Batman's first arc maybe). This would give fans the Dick/Damian reunion while not revealing Dick's secret to the rest of the Bat-family.

Damian could be trusted with the secret and it would be a cool dynamic with Damian letting Bruce AND THEN ALFRED know the truth that he's discovered. In my perfect world Damian would discover Dick is alive after being given a lead placed there by Bruce himself. It would be a nice subtle tip of his hat from Bruce acknowledging Dick and Damian's special bond and Dick's importance in their family. Robin and Dick being reunited in a Robin book would be a nice touch on the 75th anniversary year of Robin

I'd be surprised and kind of disappointed if Dick's cover is blown this season. I want to see the reactions to Dick being alive don't get me wrong, but there's too much left to explore before all the Bat-drama unfolds, IMO.

I think Spyral will continue to work covertly and I can't see them taking it into the mainstream superhero realm yet. It would feel to rushed for me truthfully. Expand Dick's supporting cast out a bit more and let us get attached to them. Then when they go interact with other heroes it'll mean something. Helena Bertinelli or some guy named Tiger showing up in a Justice League book would mean nothing to no-one except fans of Grayson.

For me this next season will be the Dick/Tiger relationship, Dick's interactions with Helena, and Kathy pulling the puppet strings.

*these are all just hopes, dreams and guesses though.

Regardless it'll be a blast. Hopefully it remains the best book on the shelves.
    Last edited by Agent 37; 03-08-2015 at 07:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent 37 View Post
    I personally don't think Helena is (knowingly) working for Kathy.
    I do. Helena was the one who nominated Dick to Minos, and she's also position herself nicely as someone Dick cares for. I think Helena is a key part in Kathy's wooing plan.

BANNED

12) Will Midnighter be a sister book to Grayson? The spiral motif on the cover is suggestive.

Ha ha--good one!

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    I do. Helena was the one who nominated Dick to Minos, and she's also position herself nicely as someone Dick cares for. I think Helena is a key part in Kathy's wooing plan.

Good points, I never considered it that way.

If it plays out like that, and Dick finds out, it'll blow up in Kathy and Helena's faces at some point you'd have to think. That could be the final out for Dick's possible breakup with Spyral, eventually down the road.

Lots to ponder......

Quote Originally Posted by Agent 37 View Post

I'd love to see the Damian situation resolved in the first cross over with a bat title, that being Damian's new monthly book,(after Son of Batman's first arc maybe). This would give fans the Dick/Damian reunion while not revealing Dick's secret to the rest of the Bat-family.

Damian could be trusted with the secret and it would be a cool dynamic with Damian letting Bruce AND THEN ALFRED know the truth that he's discovered. In my perfect world Damian would discover Dick is alive after being given a lead placed there by Bruce himself. It would be a nice subtle tip of his hat from Bruce acknowledging Dick and Damian's special bond and Dick's importance in their family. Robin and Dick being reunited in a Robin book would be a nice touch on the 75th anniversary year of Robin

I'd be surprised and kind of disappointed if Dick's cover is blown this season. I want to see the reactions to Dick being alive don't get me wrong, but there's too much left to explore before all the Bat drama unfolds, IMO.
    Interesting scenario. What do you think is left to explore that would have any bearing on the revelation to the Bat Family? Personally, I tend to think a lot of people will be very disappointed if the return to the family is not the central highlight of Dick's 75th anniversary celebration, and there's only six months left after Convergence to get that done. Although, I think the current expectation is that it will be a central event of Eternal 2.0 rather than any of the monthly titles.
    Last edited by Dzetoun; 03-09-2015 at 01:21 AM.

Ultimate Member

It's probably just wishful thinking at this point, But I still want Cassandra Cain to debut in this book. The globe-trotting espionage aspect would make it a great place to introduce David Cain and his badass daughter, and DC could more or less keep her separate from Batman for now (should they want to go that route).

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Csjbo08 View Post
    1) I'm going to assume that Kathy Kane has a grand plot , if she's smart enough to have Batman, Dick, Helena, Tiger and Mr. Minos on her strings, she's smart enough to have a grand plan. My guess is that Kathy's plot is to create a Batman in her own image with Dick and also try and drive a big enough wedge within the Bat-family to leave Bruce without any allies.

2) I believe Seeley and King will (and should) explore the relationship between Dick and Tiger, if Tiger is indeed going to be Dick's arch-nemesis, it would mean much more to the conflict if we see them as friends prior. We will still see the Dick and Helena dynamic grow. I certainly hope that Kathy and Dick interact in the next season and I would also expect Dick to interact with more Agents of Spyral, they're at least 35 of them. In terms of tension in the Bat-family, if Helena Bertinelli meets them, I can see her butting heads with Bruce, Barbara and Damain. I hope there's no love triangle between Dick/Helena/Babs, no offense to anyone who ships Dick/Babs but they don't have an interesting enough dynamic for there to be constant romantic tension between the two. If Dick is revealed to be alive to the Bat-family, I can see the other members start to distrust Dick, which plays into Kathy's hands.

3) Tiger. I think/hope his relationship with Helena will grow more because their interactions were some of the best parts of Grayson and I don't want to see that go away. However, I think Tim and Tom know this and we will see it continue to develop and knowing the history of the characters and the foreshadowing in Secret Origins and Future's End I can see the romance happen in the second season.

4) This is a tough one because it's basically assumed by everyone that Tiger will become Dick's arch-nemesis, but this is a series that has so many twists-and-turns, it wouldn't surprise me if Tiger ends up as one of Dick's closest friends. I still think he will end up being a foe, but it might not happen until the end of the second season.

5) I forgot off the top of my head what she mentioned, was it the conflict between the Bertinelli's and the Kyle's? If so, it might get a passing mention in Grayson, but that seems like something that would get explored more in Catwoman or Batman Eternal.

6) It wouldn't surprise me if it is mentioned in the June issue, just to get it out of the way. Dick wouldn't necessarily interact with Damian but I can easily see him finding out about his resurrection.

7) I know they will, but I don't know to what extent.

8) Based on the foreshadowing from Nightwing #30 and the introduction of Kathy Kane, I could see something happening that would cause Dick to mistrust Bruce and put a severe dent in their relationship, once that happens Kathy has him.
    In regards to #5, Selina is a Calabrese (she apparently just adopted the last name "Kyle" due to being pissed off at her dad). Her father was the Mafia kingpin of Gotham before Carmine Falcone took over. So assuming that Helena B's past is even remotely like it was pre-reboot (daughter of a Mafia chieftain who was murdered), there's the obvious way to go. Selina's family and Helena's have some kind of "bad blood" between them. And Selina becoming the new Queenpin of Gotham could bring that to the forefront.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    It's probably just wishful thinking at this point, But I still want Cassandra Cain to debut in this book. The globe-trotting espionage aspect would make it a great place to introduce David Cain and his badass daughter, and DC could more or less keep her separate from Batman for now (should they want to go that route).
    I can see Cassandra Cain being introduced as a St. Hadrian's student who stands out among the rest not just because of her superior skills but because she'll be the only assassin-in-training who actually pays attention to what 'Paris' is teaching.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Csjbo08 View Post
    I can see Cassandra Cain being introduced as a St. Hadrian's student who stands out among the rest not just because of her superior skills but because she'll be the only assassin-in-training who actually pays attention to what 'Paris' is teaching.
    I'd really like to see something like this happen myself. That would give her a place to be introduced that actually makes logical sense. With her being the daughter of David Cain she would fit right into the school with the added bonus that maybe she's there on assignment for her father to eliminate someone.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

I hope Midnighter continues to be reoccurring in the series.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

BANNED

I'm pretty curious about Tiger. His Agent 1 status probably means he was recruited directly by Kathy Kane herself. There is also mention in this issue that Tiger is in the chapel praying, perhaps he's a religious man. But as far as the Bat-"Family" goes, they've ALL already forgotten Dick ever existed, including Alfred, it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    I'm pretty curious about Tiger. His Agent 1 status probably means he was recruited directly by Kathy Kane herself. There is also mention in this issue that Tiger is in the chapel praying, perhaps he's a religious man.
    He was also the only other agent not out on assignment, which implies that they haven't teamed him up with a new partner yet since Agent 8's death. That certainly supports the possibility that he'll end up as Dick's new partner.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jules View Post
    He was also the only other agent not out on assignment, which implies that they haven't teamed him up with a new partner yet since Agent 8's death. That certainly supports the possibility that he'll end up as Dick's new partner.
    I hope he doesn't turn into a villain. Dick needs all the friends he can get, since his own family has written him off.

Astonishing Member

I think it's likely that, as Helena recovers, he'll be partnered with the Tiger, yes. And so we'll get more of them both -- they've already made it clear that, since the mandate of the series was expanded past just one year (with good reason!), they plan on doing much more with Helena's origin and character. Good on them. And Tiger, while not terribly interesting thus far, presents some interesting potential, especially as a man of faith and duty in a positive light. At least for now.

As for what I'd like? I want a continued focus on the science fiction element of the world Dick Grayson and Spyral inhabit. I think it's set the book apart, this kind of scale, even moreso than the spy element. No doubt we'll largely be losing Midnighter thanks to his launching ongoing, but I hope to see a continued use of the God-Garden and similarly large scale concepts as that, Paragon, etc.

Secondarily, I want the girls of St. Hadrians to play a bigger role. Thus far that's the relationship that has must sung in the book, not Helena/Dick. It's sort of a novel, independent return to the fun of the Dick/Damian relationship. The Jim/Juan gag was the funniest thing I've seen in a comic book in a while.

A new podcast with Tom King has been released. He has some pretty interesting things to say about Season Two starting around the 2:00 mark.

http://hwcdn.libsyn.com/p/1/b/5/1b5d...d1a8f632e83b0f