Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderWing20 View Post
    I think Helena knows about Dicks mission. If not it'd be interesting to see them try their best kill him, maybe a fugitive season? It would be interesting, maybe team him up with Minos
    I'd be surprised if Helena didn't know, and if she wasn't Kathy's agent in place. She covered for him a few too many times in those first 8 issues, and didn't report him for any transgressions, even the ones where the innocent explanation might be that he hadn't fully settled in yet.

And it was always just a little too pat that when Minos detected transmissions taking place, she found Lotti's cameras... but it was Dick's room that we saw her investigating. In all likelihood she'd known about Lotti's games for a while and had been saving them up for a useful opportunity, and she went through Dick's room just to check that he hadn't left any incriminating evidence behind him.

Minos clearly didn't know though. And I'd tend to agree that Tiger doesn't either, and that it's likely to become a point of conflict if and when he does find out.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Why would they try to kill him, even if Helena doesn't knows about Dicks mission, and thats a big if, Kathy does. Its what she wanted. Though i guess if the wooing plan ultimately fails completly, and Dick isn't swayed then they might try to kill him. If they don't all fall in love with him by then that is

Its Tiger who probably doesn't know, and him finding out, and maybe even disagreeing with Kathy, might be what, or at least plays a part in what sends him down the path of being Dick's enemy. Besides not liking him. Which btw Tiger not liking Dick should probably be a red flag for Spyral. Because who doesn't like Dick...
    Well, on the first point, Helena is well on her way to being in love, although she is unwilling to acknowledge it, even perhaps to herself. I guess the best evidence we have is how she acted when she became disoriented in issue #6 and issue #7.

Your idea about the Tiger is certainly plausible. As for him not liking Dick, he does have reason since Dick's values got Agent 8 killed (and depending on his own relationship with Agent 8, things might get dicey if he learns about their private gunnery sessions). That is part of what makes him a potentially fascinating character, as he is not a cliche Bat villain but someone who can actually mount a moral attack on the hero from what an objective observers might see as the high ground. Actually, I was a little surprised that he was not more negative toward Dick in issue #8. Granted, their interaction was brief and under intense pressure, but he his surface remarks and demeanor were not too different from Helena's.

In other news, someone asked Tomasi on Twitter yesterday when his new Bat stories would appear. Tomasi said something cool is coming in October and something else very cool is coming in January. If we assume that Tomasi is going to be involved with Eternal 2.0, then October might be a good time to launch it. It would give them time to get the new books and directions settled in, and perhaps to get through Darkseid War.

Well, it seems I have quite a bit to weigh in on here.

Cass Cain - I don't think it's likely that she will be included in Grayson, but I do think she'd fit like a glove. David Cain was certainly (well, almost certainly) not what King and Seeley had in mind with the Fist of Cain, but Cass is still the daughter of a villain, which is right up Spyral's, and even more specifically St. Hadrians', alley. Furthermore, her being mute is a significant social barrier which would highlight both Dick's compassion and his older-brotherliness, as I imagine he would feel compelled to look out for her, what with lotti duff and co. bringing a fairly hurtful bunch by nature. I do agree, however, that she ought not be "unbeatable." Grayson could be an excellent launching point for the character. Her presence would benefit the book, and Cass would do well in the espionage branch of the DCU.

The Suit- 'bout damn time. This makes me think we'll get to see Dick using some charm on his missions. Good.

New Partner- excited to see the dynamic between Dick and Tiger. I hope it's very different than what we saw with Helena. I don't want mistrust, I was downright division. On that note, actually, I think issue 3, The Gun Goes Off, is going to prove to be the pivotal issue of this book in a lot of ways. I think Dick won Helena over in that issue with his genuine compassion, and I believe his relationship to Tiger will always bear the mark of Agent 8's death.

Quote Originally Posted by dropkickjake View Post

New Partner- excited to see the dynamic between Dick and Tiger. I hope it's very different than what we saw with Helena. I don't want mistrust, I was downright division. On that note, actually, I think issue 3, The Gun Goes Off, is going to prove to be the pivotal issue of this book in a lot of ways. I think Dick won Helena over in that issue with his genuine compassion, and I believe his relationship to Tiger will always bear the mark of Agent 8's death.
    I suspect that issue #3 is going to be very important for Dick and the Tiger. But for Dick and Helena, I think issue #5 is actually more important. Certainly King himself pointed to it as an important turning point.

BANNED

I'm excited that Seeley and King will make it more interesting that comics' standard good-guy-goes-bad. I like the glimpses we've seen so far of the person behind the Tiger name, and he shouldn't be reduced to a one-dimensional character. I'm also hoping he doesn't become the requisite "arch-enemy"; I'd like for him to become one of Dick's allies.

Pretty sure they already told us he's going to be his "arch-enemy".

Yeah, for sure going to be arch nemesis. I think you'll get your wish on him continuing to be a complex character though. I for one am looking forward to their dynamic tension reaching a boiling point.

BANNED

I also think that while Helena might have been a better spy than Dick when he FIRST started out with Spyral, he's been a quick study and has actually eclipsed her.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Pretty sure they already told us he's going to be his "arch-enemy".
    I'd love it if he was an "arch enemy" without being a "baddie". Sort of like Midnighter was - a charismatic and principled figure who's aims and motives differ to Our Hero's.

Realistically, after all, it's more likely that Dick will betray him than vice versa.

Astonishing Member

As long as the relationship ends with Dick beating the stuffing out of him, I'm cool with whatever angle they play.
    Rules are for lesser men, Charlie - Grand Pa Joe ~ Willy Wonka & Chocolate Factory

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The World View Post
    As long as the relationship ends with Dick beating the stuffing out of him, I'm cool with whatever angle they play.
    Tiger seems like a nice guy so far.

Tiger seems like a pretty serious dude. He also seems like a man of conviction. Their conflict is probably going to come from Tigers conviction bump heads with Dick's. We already have kind of seen it with how things went down with Agent 8.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 03-24-2015 at 11:16 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Claude View Post
    I'd love it if he was an "arch enemy" without being a "baddie". Sort of like Midnighter was - a charismatic and principled figure who's aims and motives differ to Our Hero's.

Realistically, after all, it's more likely that Dick will betray him than vice versa.
    I don't like the idea of Dick betraying ANYONE.

Spectacular Member

Him being a undercover double agent is betrayal enough