Amazing Member

Default Autobots vs Godzilla

Since there's several generations of Optimus and Godzilla, I thought of this.

The original Transformers Autobots gather and fight the original Godzilla. Should Godzilla fall, he'll be replaced by another Godzilla - Mecha, Zilla, Space Godzilla, etc. Which side survives?

Godzilla will ultiamtely win when it gets to Heisei Godzilla.

Whelp, got the Ultimate Showdown of Ultimate Destiny stuck in my head now.

Quote Originally Posted by The Chou Lives View Post
    Godzilla will ultiamtely win when it gets to Heisei Godzilla.
    Depends on the version. Optimus in some has his plot device of leadership.

BANNED

Uhh, you realize that "all Autobots" includes warriors like Metroplex, Fortress Maximus and Omega Supreme right? Judging from Fall of Cybertron, Metroplex would make an Evangelion look tiny to say nothing of any incarnation of Godzilla. The only one who might be able to put up a fight against him might be GFW, but even then he's out-sized and out-weighed. And here Godzilla is up against not just the city-sized Cybertronians, but the gestalts and the rest of them, too. Chuck in the Super God Masterforce, and I doubt there is any incarnation of Godzilla who can hold them all off.

Quote Originally Posted by T51R View Post
    Uhh, you realize that "all Autobots" includes warriors like Metroplex, Fortress Maximus and Omega Supreme right? Judging from Fall of Cybertron, Metroplex would make an Evangelion look tiny to say nothing of any incarnation of Godzilla. The only one who might be able to put up a fight against him might be GFW, but even then he's out-sized and out-weighed. And here Godzilla is up against not just the city-sized Cybertronians, but the gestalts and the rest of them, too. Chuck in the Super God Masterforce, and I doubt there is any incarnation of Godzilla who can hold them all off.
    The original team, sugar.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    The original team, sugar.
    I see 'The Original Autobots' as G1 here, since multiple generations are mentioned and nothing specifically notes only Season 1 G1 Autobots.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post
    I see 'The Original Autobots' as G1 here, since multiple generations are mentioned and nothing specifically notes only Season 1 G1 Autobots.
    Well if all of them are showing up to the party, sure.

I interpreted it as the original "team" which isn't all of them.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post
    Even then, which version? Cartoon? US Comic? UK Comic? Dreamwave? IDW? See and Read Books? They all have different abilities.

Are we limiting to only the guys in the first episode? The guys in the first wave of the Toy Line? Those in the original Marvel Miniseries? These are all slightly different rosters.

*Puts on the nitpicking hat*
    Is there anything official as to how big they are? Because the size of bots like Omega Supreme, Fortress Maximus, Trypticon, etc were WILDLY inconsistent, often times in the same episode. Also official info puts Eva 01 at 80 meters tall at the shoulder pylon, whereas current Big G was 108 meters tall, and would thusly tower over Evas himself.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Well if all of them are showing up to the party, sure.

I interpreted it as the original "team" which isn't all of them.
    There's nothing in the OP to suggest any limitations to the original team led by Optimus, only the "original Autobots" which pulls in the cast of Fall of Cybertron.

There's nothing in the OP to suggest any limitations to the original team led by Optimus, only the "original Autobots" which pulls in the cast of Fall of Cybertron.
    Or just any G1-Style Autobots. So they could have IDW Swerve talk him to death. Or have Megatron fantastic Voyage inside of him.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    *Puts on the nitpicking hat*
    Is there anything official as to how big they are? Because the size of bots like Omega Supreme, Fortress Maximus, Trypticon, etc were WILDLY inconsistent, often times in the same episode. Also official info puts Eva 01 at 80 meters tall at the shoulder pylon, whereas current Big G was 108 meters tall, and would thusly tower over Evas himself.
    I wouldn't call that towering. It's the relative size difference between someone five foot and someone six foot. Sure, significant size and reach advantage, but it's not like he's twice as big or anything.

Also, Fort max differs wildely based on continuity. the US and Japanese cartoons are, I believe, the only ones where he';s a city bot.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yeoman View Post
    I wouldn't call that towering. It's the relative size difference between someone five foot and someone six foot. Sure, significant size and reach advantage, but it's not like he's twice as big or anything.
    Somewhat of a math error, here. It's the relative size difference between someone 5' and someone 6' 9".

That's pretty towering.

Put another way, if we consider someone who is 5'10", or around average in height, it's them versus a man 7' 10.5" tall (or almost 8').

Again, pretty towering.

And that's considering the shoulder pylons, which stretch over the Eva's head by a fair bit.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate