Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Naked Bat View Post
    it was a fun issue, but not much happened. Too many filler issues in eternal sadly.
    "Filler"? You mean FODDER.
    (at least there was up through BE#34-35)

So after #34/35 was there A BE Synopsis, catch-up ish ??

penetrator of things

Quote Originally Posted by theRedHood View Post
    "Filler"? You mean FODDER.
    (at least there was up through BE#34-35)

So after #34/35 was there A BE Synopsis, catch-up ish ??
    A catch-up issue? Why?

Nothing happened.
    hi my name is tako and i like to grow leeks
    @takoleeks

Default Batman Eternal 50 Preview/Discussion

preview

Script: James Tynion IV
    Art: Alvaro Martinez

Edit: Glory to the megathread.
    Last edited by napolid; 03-16-2015 at 06:51 PM.
    Favorites: Batman, Superman, All-New Wolverine, Deathstroke, Detective Comics, Green Lanterns, Doom Patrol

Brought to you by CarlsJr SickAlice's Avatar

I finally got around to the last two issues so one foot in here. Going rate but constant enough and it's nice they aren't dropping characters off. Robo-Bane. That's really the only big eyesore. Comics I know but that's a bit more silly than I care to look out. Otherwise I thought the issues were fine.
    I make love, you make me sick.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by tako View Post
    A catch-up issue? Why?

Nothing happened.
    Really....

Your telling Me after All the Stupid -Croc has A sensitive side- Beauty & the Beast garbadge, RedRobin & the Monkey guy blah, Harper Reborn as Blubird, Magical S.Brown tricks her Dad, HUSH returns with MORE -now ubiquitous {& New52 Redundant}- breaching of the once sacred, Inviolable Batcave (or Wayne manor).
    So,,,
    After All that Garbadge NOTHING happend (post BE#33-35), NOTHING??

Therefore,
    I could just go buy BE #49-52 come April & understand the majority of what's going on..
    (( & What happened to that old; weird guy, from V.Vale's paper? ))

If so,, That's Sad. A 75th Birthday special that Never dug in2 the "Uncanny underground" of what really makes Batman the Dark Knight.

- I said it b4 J.Tynion. & R.Fawkes try to hard to write new status-quo's instead of using what's already there, an "Uncanny Underground" of cool villains that never get explored (Like the table of Villains in #3 or 4, that everyone was waiting to here more about).
    Last edited by theRedHood; 03-16-2015 at 11:36 PM.

I wont be too surprised (or annoyed) if Clue Master is big bad. Better than Lincoln March who at this point woulndt make sense.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by AUScowboy View Post
    I wont be too surprised (or annoyed) if Clue Master is big bad. Better than Lincoln March who at this point woulndt make sense.
    I was circling that possibility with my long post. I just didn't want to be the one to say it out loud cause it seemed so ridiculous. But it is the option that makes the most sense story-wise at this point and would explain what's been going on the best.

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    I was circling that possibility with my long post. I just didn't want to be the one to say it out loud cause it seemed so ridiculous. But it is the option that makes the most sense story-wise at this point and would explain what's been going on the best.
    If they wrote a year long 52 issue weekly series commemorating batman's 75th anniversary and CLUE MASTER is the big bad... I dont know what I will do... I literally cannot even put words to the thoughts of how stupid that will be. I am praying riddler.
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Action Comics, Detective Comics, Green Lanterns, The Flash, Aquaman, Titans, Justice League, HJATGL, Supergirl, Superwoman, DC Bombshells
    Marvel: CANCELLED (good luck with your seasonal approach and constant reboots... I'll miss the characters though)
    Zenescope: Grimm Fairy Tales

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Cluemaster being the big bad would be above his paygrade, way above.

That probably wouldn't go over too well.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Cluemaster being the big bad would be above his paygrade, way above.

That probably wouldn't go over too well.
    It would be better than the next most hinted alternative, Signalman.

Astonishing Member AlexanderLuthor's Avatar

I think the key is in issue #11. "Now I realize that was the night my dad left behind the biggest Clue to his greatest scheme." The Clue was that his civilian life was a lie. She also says that he became a criminal because he was angry that the rich got to live it up despite being stupid while he was stuck on food stamps. The last thing about that issue, Bruce Wayne was a contestant on the show the night Brown lost it at the rich woman. He's one of those 'rich idiots' Cluemaster hates.

The things I get from it-there's no way Cluemaster would knowingly work for Bruce Wayne. Either he knows it isn't really Bruce Wayne or they're both working for someone else. And the other thing is that he's been especially busy as Cluemaster over the years, busy enough that he went from being on food stamps to his wife/ex-wife having enough money to put up enough to counter a $100 million bounty. He's kept his being filthy rich a secret from everyone for years.

To me the big question is, did she figure something out between her reveal that 'Bruce Wayne' is behind everything and now, and is that what her father is so impressed with? It can't be just what she overheard in issues 3 and 24, because that wouldn't be impressive to her father.

We know that everything has been a distraction to keep the focus off the 'Loser Squad.' That is probably what the Trojan Hors clue in issue #13 meant. And when told by 'the voice' to 'go to town' with the rest of the villains, Cluemaster was very enthusiastic about causing mayhem, but neither he nor his group have been seen causing any destruction since. They were there to get the a-list villains more enthused about going to town.

Riddler also provided clues, 'fathers and daughters' is pretty blatantly referring to Steph. And his hideout was playing people's reactions to the activities of the Loser Squad in messing with the traffic, the sewers, and so forth. The average person was fed up with those in authority and picking up and leaving Gotham. Is the ultimate goal the depopulation of Gotham, or the discrediting of everyone who's rich, famous, or powerful?
    My take on it is that Cluemaster, and by extension Steph, think it's Bruce Wayne orchestrating things because it's his "brother". Since we don't have any meetings to go on it could be that March was in shadows when they met or actively tried to convince them he actually is Bruce Wayne or had Hush do it since he evidently now looks like Bruce underneath the bandages
    Last edited by AlexanderLuthor; 03-17-2015 at 03:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderLuthor View Post
    My take on it is that Cluemaster, and by extension Steph, think it's Bruce Wayne orchestrating things because it's his "brother". Since we don't have any meetings to go on it could be that March was in shadows when they met or actively tried to convince them he actually is Bruce Wayne or had Hush do it since he evidently now looks like Bruce underneath the bandages
    Does he though? The times we've seen Hush sans bandages in Eternal he's had his usual redheaded stepchild look.

Incredible Member

That would be hilarious.

Snyder pls make last minute changes and make this happen!!

the big bad is batmite.

Quote Originally Posted by M L A View Post
    That would be hilarious.

Snyder pls make last minute changes and make this happen!!
    spoilers:
    It happened....
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by SpideyZERO; 03-18-2015 at 05:23 AM.