Page 1 of 21 1234511 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default BATMAN ETERNAL Megathread: Grand Finale (49-52)

This month in BATMAN ETERNAL: The epic Bat-story over a year in the making comes to a stunning end! Gotham City is in flames! Villains are running wild in the streets! Bat-tech has been corrupted! And the mastermind behind it all has put a knife in Batman's ribs! How will the Dark Knight put an end to this nightmare...and how will it shape the face of Gotham City to come?

Full article here.

I love how they have been doing the title pages as a giant splash with panels

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Miller View Post
    I love how they have been doing the title pages as a giant splash with panels
    Hey i been out of the loop,
    (outside of DSTROKE, Superman & Batmn flagship's anyways)
    So i got to ask you If the Batmn Eternal series has had some sort of A Synopsis run-down of what's been happening in any of the recent "Eternal" ish's ???????

Ya know, like A somewhat decent starting spot jn the 40's.

Thanx,

Hey & what ish # was it- where they did alittle HUSH Secret Origin ??
    Last edited by theRedHood; 03-10-2015 at 03:15 AM.

did anyone read this today? Anything revealed or just another filler issue?

No reveal. A good issue, putting the pieces in place for the big finale.
    Blah! Blah! Blah! Blah! Blah!

Generic condescending passive aggressive elitist statement.

Incredible Member

Did Spoiler do anything relevant or interesting? I'm having a hard time justifying driving to the comic store and spending $3 for one page of sitting around Harper Row's apartment.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Lucky One View Post
    Did Spoiler do anything relevant or interesting? I'm having a hard time justifying driving to the comic store and spending $3 for one page of sitting around Harper Row's apartment.
    She had a short but interesting conversation with her father, who seems to think she's inherited his intelligence and is worthy of being his partner in crime. Last week she went to see Vicky Vale.

Bane in a mecha suit is still dumb, the Blackgate riot looks to be an empty detour, and putting Hush back in the tank that quickly felt like a waste, especially considering what his 5 minutes of freedom amounted to. This was still a decent issue (much due to Blanco's pencils and the fantastic Marcelo Maiolo's coloring), and it's of course hard to determine what comes down to collective plotting and what's a result of an individual writer's ideas, but I still feel like Higgins os playing catchup to the core team. None of his issue has really hit the spot for me.

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    She had a short but interesting conversation with her father, who seems to think she's inherited his intelligence and is worthy of being his partner in crime.
    And what the heck is he up to, anyway?

That might have been the most important page in the book.

What is Cluemaster doing that's been right under our noses from the start?

Great issue. Probably one of my favourite issues of Eternal.

Alfred was awesome.

it was a fun issue, but not much happened. Too many filler issues in eternal sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by ispacehead View Post

If I have time this weekend, I'm going to go and re-read the issues that have Cluemaster and his group talking about their plans in his house. There's gotta be something there that hints at what his ultimate plan is... because you're right, if he's now trying to convince Steph that she needs to listen to him, then I think he knows what's about to happen and then that's real interesting.
    "Magneto, you ARE the father!"

Quote Originally Posted by ispacehead View Post

And what's he doing flying around in a '50s vintage Bell 47 helicopter? Does Cluemaster collect Korean War memorabilia or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Sans Simian View Post
    .... because you're right, if he's now trying to convince Steph that she needs to listen to him, then I think he knows what's about to happen and then that's real interesting.
    That "under their noses" statement was totally directed at us, right?

Quote Originally Posted by cgh
    And what's he doing flying around in a '50s vintage Bell 47 helicopter? Does Cluemaster collect Korean War memorabilia or something?
    Interesting observation, and unusual choice of transportation.

I'm guessing just an artistic decision more than anything pertinent.
    Last edited by ispacehead; 03-13-2015 at 02:56 PM.

Extraordinary Member

I think the key is in issue #11. "Now I realize that was the night my dad left behind the biggest Clue to his greatest scheme." The Clue was that his civilian life was a lie. She also says that he became a criminal because he was angry that the rich got to live it up despite being stupid while he was stuck on food stamps. The last thing about that issue, Bruce Wayne was a contestant on the show the night Brown lost it at the rich woman. He's one of those 'rich idiots' Cluemaster hates.

The things I get from it-there's no way Cluemaster would knowingly work for Bruce Wayne. Either he knows it isn't really Bruce Wayne or they're both working for someone else. And the other thing is that he's been especially busy as Cluemaster over the years, busy enough that he went from being on food stamps to his wife/ex-wife having enough money to put up enough to counter a $100 million bounty. He's kept his being filthy rich a secret from everyone for years.

To me the big question is, did she figure something out between her reveal that 'Bruce Wayne' is behind everything and now, and is that what her father is so impressed with? It can't be just what she overheard in issues 3 and 24, because that wouldn't be impressive to her father.

We know that everything has been a distraction to keep the focus off the 'Loser Squad.' That is probably what the Trojan Hors clue in issue #13 meant. And when told by 'the voice' to 'go to town' with the rest of the villains, Cluemaster was very enthusiastic about causing mayhem, but neither he nor his group have been seen causing any destruction since. They were there to get the a-list villains more enthused about going to town.

Riddler also provided clues, 'fathers and daughters' is pretty blatantly referring to Steph. And his hideout was playing people's reactions to the activities of the Loser Squad in messing with the traffic, the sewers, and so forth. The average person was fed up with those in authority and picking up and leaving Gotham. Is the ultimate goal the depopulation of Gotham, or the discrediting of everyone who's rich, famous, or powerful?