Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 111718192021
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dzetoun View Post
    Well, the stuff to come in July has all, presumably, been announced and is just awaiting solicitation. We have had a hint from Marguerite Bennett that more books will be coming in August, and presumably those books would be announced this month and solicited in May.

I think our best indication about Eternal 2.0 is probably Peter Tomasi's announcement that he is going to continue doing work for the Bat Office and that he has stuff coming in October and January. That's nothing concrete, of course, but as Eternal 2.0 is going to focus on the Robins then Tomasi would be a logical choice to do the Damian parts, and October seems a possible launch point since it would let them get mostly past Darkseid War (which lasts five issues) and whatever they do in September, presuming that September is still a thing. Maybe that is the month they would do the one-shot Darkseid War tie-ins. Anyway, January would certainly be too late. So, I'm guessing it will probably launch in October, which means it would be announced probably in June, once Convergence ends, and solicited in July.
    I hadn't actually put "Tomasi Eternal?" and "Eternal 2 about Robins?" together yet in my brain. That could be very interesting, actually. Certainly Damian will be sustainable, but then potential Dick & Damian dynamics shall be quite awesome (especially if Seeley's representing, too). And Tomasi could have some interesting things to say about Jason, Tim, even Steph and Harper and Babs, or getting all Batman, Inc. on us (like, Tomasi & Seeley working on a book possibly may quadruple the Morrisonian elements). Kind of excited now. I think he'd be a good link to the pre-flashpoint good times to mix it up with the new guys.

So if it's not exactly what I was hoping for from him, I'd still gladly take it. But one weekly and one series is not a lot of workload for a dude who was writing two-to-three core DC books for a while, and effectively bridging the gap between Johns Mega-Stories and Morrison ones.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Incredible Member

How do we know the focus of Eternal 2 will be on the Robins?

Quote Originally Posted by brucekent12 View Post
    How do we know the focus of Eternal 2 will be on the Robins?
    Snyder announced that in an interview about a month ago:

http://www.superherohype.com/feature...ernal-season-2

Fantastic Member

^if Damien is going to feature heavily in it (not a fan of him) and/or if Red Robin and his new suit (not a fan of the 'feathers') then methinks I'll give it a miss, though if Stephanie Brown is in it then - though she hasn't been Robin in this post-Flashpoint timeline so I guess she wouldn't be appearing, darn it.

Danger Doll in pink! Chickfighter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zwixxx View Post
    ^if Damien is going to feature heavily in it (not a fan of him) and/or if Red Robin and his new suit (not a fan of the 'feathers') then methinks I'll give it a miss, though if Stephanie Brown is in it then - though she hasn't been Robin in this post-Flashpoint timeline so I guess she wouldn't be appearing, darn it.
    I tend to agree. I suspect Steph will be in it, but the question is if she'll be in it enough to justify buying a weekly. Also, although Snyder is a decent writer, his story concepts tend to just not really very appealing to me personally. The best bet for a Steph fan is probably to wait and see if there are specific issues in which Steph actually does something. I'm pretty sure I could have gotten by with getting only a dozen or fewer issues of the first year of Eternal.