Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

I don't know, I think most of those latin artists did a great job.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    I disagree. I think the art took a downturn once Katie Kubert left and Conroy became the main editor and started using his rolodex of artists from Red Lanterns and Wonder Woman that really didn't fit Eternal. But I think Katie Kubert did a great job with Eternal artwise, it's too bad she didn't see the project through and is editing crappy issues of Wolverine now.
    In other way, thanks for her leave we got now non-grim'n'gritty Babs.

Astonishing Member

That was probably more Mike Marts than Katie Kubert though. He was the main bateditor and probably the one who wanted all the books to line up thematically with each other.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

I would be given to say that it was Marts leaving that ushered in the less grim and gritty Bat books instead. Mike Marts was the head Bat editor for most of that time though so I would blame him (and maybe some people higher up as well) for the fact that all the Bat books felt pretty much the same thematically and tonally. Katie Kubert probably was only following along with whatever was already set up by him likely because she wasn't going to be staying as the main editor for the Bat line anyway and Doyle, who was coming in as the main editor for a longer period then her, likely had some ideas of his own. Following along with whatever was already set up seems like a logical choice for her to have made given that so I can't really fault her for having done so.
    Last edited by JasonTodd428; 03-20-2015 at 12:36 PM.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Great reveal. The beauty of Eternal and other Batman/DC Comics media lately is giving new life and purpose to characters that were "laughable" in the past. I'm down for any Batvillain rising in the ranks so there's a great diversity of capable/scary villains. It's not that long ago that no one saw the potential in Riddler or a character like Catman.

With Batman, Grayson, Batgirl, Robin, Batwoman, Bluebird, Catwoman, Red Hood, etc. all operating in parts of Gotham and globally, it's great they're developing characters and the history of the Bat mythos into worthy adversaries for a growing list of vigilantes.

Quote Originally Posted by darkseidpwns View Post
    Batman Eternal is a joke imo,I'm gonna pretend it never happened,good thing Endgame doesn't even bother with it. Months and months of filler garbage for Cluemaster? the guy who got arrested halfway through the series?(how did he even get out anyway?), they jobbed Scarecrow,Freeze and Bane for this lame villain? what's the point of even making him a big bad guy if you're gonna mess up actual big bad guys,heck what's the point of even making him a big bad for Batman's 75th anniversary story?

yeah, i wouldn't call Eternal "filler garbage"

come on now

Quote Originally Posted by Naked Bat View Post
    they did. ANd nice coloring for the most part.

Needed more Ian Bertram, though.

"Darn it! Everyone figured out it was Lincoln March from the start, we need someone else as the big bad, pronto!" There was an Owl on the Batsgiving teaser (then again there was blonde Nightwing as well). There was an Owl on the Riddler issue as well. Seriously have a hard time believing Cluemaster was supposed to be big bad all this time. There might be a twist coming but I dunno.

Also isn't Bruce's cowl supposed to be hard to remove? This seems to change from writer to writer though...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Naked Bat View Post
    I disagree. Some of the stuff by Blanco really looked like he was rushed like around ~36

And Mutti was just bad all around like he was phoning it in.

What happened to Dustin Nguyen?
    Last edited by Bruce Wayne; 03-21-2015 at 11:39 AM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    Amazing...

I like how a few of the lesser known artist either chose to, or were told to draw in styles reminiscent of Jay Fabok and Andy Clarke. Over all I can say that ive enjoyed all of the newer artist as well as vets like RM Guera and Riccardo Burchielli. To me at least, the art in Eternal has kept pretty solid as far as tone/style (dark, slightly muddy with moody colors).

Quote Originally Posted by AUScowboy View Post
    I like how a few of the lesser known artist either chose to, or were told to draw in styles reminiscent of Jay Fabok and Andy Clarke. Over all I can say that ive enjoyed all of the newer artist as well as vets like RM Guera and Riccardo Burchielli. To me at least, the art in Eternal has kept pretty solid as far as tone/style (dark, slightly muddy with moody colors).
    compared to the Wolverines weekly, the Eternal art is the freakin Mona Lisa!

ANyway, so how is CLuemaster going to whip Batman and tie him to the bat signal?

I thought the Batsuit was insulated from electric attack? That's a pretty meh way for him to get the jump on Bats

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    What happened to Dustin Nguyen?
    His DC exclusive ran out so he's gone to make a creator-owned book at Image. That's why we saw some of his first Marvel variant covers recently, too.

The Man Without Fear. Batman#22's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by magicallypuzzled View Post
    how has he not been amazing? every appearance he's hit it out of the park as far as I can see.

I should mention though that I doubt he's the big bad as we have already had Stephanie say that someone gave him orders. but he's been an amazing number 2 guy and I am not sure very many are even giving him that much. of course if he is the big bad and Stephanie misunderstood the situation that'd be really cool as well.
    I have to admit it was pretty cool how Cluemaster turned Batman's life upside down more or less as much as the Joker has. He ruined his business, framed Gordon for countless murders, and that's just at the top of my head.
    I plan on dying tonight!!!
    (Punches himself in the nose and cause bleeding)
    ... how about you?