View Poll Results: Digital, floppies, or TPB?

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • Single issue

15 41.67%
  • TPB

7 19.44%
  • Digital

14 38.89%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

I buy all my new comics digitally, and if I really like the series I get the trade when that comes out. I only get floppies for older (pre-90s) comics I want to read, since I think the colors on those don't reproduce well digitally.
    Image Comics (TPB):
    Saga, Southern Bastards, Injection, Descender, Deadly Class, Chew, Black Magick

DC Rebirth (Digital):
    The Flash, Batman, Green Lanterns, Aquaman

Years ago I realized I didn't have the time or desire to read most of the comics (and novels) I owned more than once. Since I live in an area with a great library system, I switched to borrowing most of the material I read from the library. They're really good at getting Marvel, DC and Image. Just sometimes have to wait a couple months after the trades come out.

For the books I do buy, I am 100% digital, now. Then, if I really like a series I will get the trade when it comes out.
    Hope is not lost today. It is found.

Flippity floppies for me.

Quote Originally Posted by brooky1969 View Post
    All digital and could not be happier.
    Right there. Got the 12.2" Samsung tablet for it, a little larger than a printed page, only thing that ever suffers is a two page spread. But the convenience/storage factor can't be beat. And most of the Indies give you a permanent download with your purchase.

Fantastic Member Brave Sir Robin's Avatar

Almost all digital. I buy trades of stories I wish to re read because I prefer the book format. I only buy STUPID FLOPPIES of books I want for sentimental reasons or if I am a show and want to get something signed. FLOPPIES have a huge storage issue and are harder to re read than digital. FLOPPIES seem to be more and more outdated and are victims of the ridiculous distribution system that keeps them hidden in niche stores that are hampered by the terrible return policy of Diamond and the publishers.

Amazing Member

Digital everything. I read the majority of stuff through Marvel Unlimited - being behind 6 months doesn't really bother me that much. I also buy Marvel books in singles for the digital code, mainly to support my LCS and to still collect on a smaller scale. All of my other purchases are done through Comixology when they have sales. Creator-owned seems to read better in chunks so I actually find it much more enjoyable.

Given the subject at hand and some of my earlier comments, I'm feeling the need to share an experience from last week.

Wednesday night my wife walked in the door with a free Kindle Fire HD7 (Yes. Free). She won it at a business event where you drop your business card in a bowl for a drawing; and they drew her card. So it looks like I have a free Android tablet to play with and try out reading some of the digital stuff I had bought earlier; but just had a hard time getting into on the desktop environment.

The 7" display is fine and gets the job done from a practical standpoint. The colors and the 216 ppi screen resolution do a nice job of rendering the art; but I made the mistake of doing direct side-by-side comparison between a copy of a physical book and it's digital version. So now when I look at a digital book, it's hard not to wonder what the art looks like in its entirety at a larger size. So -- for this and a few other reasons -- I'm pretty sure that I would be having buyers remorse by now if I had spent money on the device. But it's free, and I'm going to try and put the device to good use.

What's probably going to happen is that I'll use the Kindle for a while and keep watch for a good deal on a 10" Android tablet in the future. Instead of buying one the next next 30 days like I was anticipating, I can take the time to look around more -- and maybe get a larger device in 6-9 months.
    Pull List: The Black Hammer, Bitch Planet, Copperhead, Hellboy/BPRD, Monstress, Ms. Marvel, Southern Cross

Twitter: @JavasaurusRex