Page 45 of 116 FirstFirst ... 354142434445464748495595 ... LastLast
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ApolloCreed!(The One and Only) View Post
    The creative team that did New Avengers Annual, imo, should have been the creative team for the new ongoing...

That Annual was amazing...
    I really liked that creative team also, especially the artist, but he, Marco Rudy, is on the Bucky book. But the writer isn't doing a regular book.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

I'd love to see Lemire & Sorrentino re-team for a Strange book....

Pulp Purveyor & Noir Nut FiveGhosts's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beware Of Geek View Post
    I'd love to see Lemire & Sorrentino re-team for a Strange book....
    Would Sorrentino's style work for a mystical book? The grittiness was good for Green Arrow, but Doctor Strange?

Warren Ellis/Marcos Martin!

Quote Originally Posted by FiveGhosts View Post
    Would Sorrentino's style work for a mystical book? The grittiness was good for Green Arrow, but Doctor Strange?
    You tell me:

Last edited by DigiCom; 01-13-2015 at 02:00 PM.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Clea View Post
    What makes a comic a 'hipster book'? What would a hipster Dr. Strange comic be like?
    I knew I shouldn't have used that word the moment I typed it. Lol. This works though:

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Style over substance. A book about Dr. Strange's mundane, everyday matters. Dr. Strange saying 'bro' all the time.

Speaking of, I'd rather not see lothario Dr. Strange, either.
    I'm just afraid Marvel will go this route because it's translated to decent sales for some other books starring B - D listers. One instance it worked well was Fraction's Hawkeye; one instance it doesn't is the current Batgirl book.

The second text msgs replace dialogue and Doc starts using Instagram is the second I'm finally done with Marvel...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Beware Of Geek View Post
    You tell me:

What are those glowing round things? They look more like Iron Man's arc reactors. And are those batteries floating around him?

I don't know. I do like Sorrentino's art for some things, but his work tends to be about the figures. They don't always integrate with the backgrounds, which some times are too photoshopped for my taste.

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    I knew I shouldn't have used that word the moment I typed it. Lol. This works though:

I'm just afraid Marvel will go this route because it's translated to decent sales for some other books starring B - D listers. One instance it worked well was Fraction's Hawkeye; one instance it doesn't is the current Batgirl book.

The second text msgs replace dialogue and Doc starts using Instagram is the second I'm finally done with Marvel...
    Don't say that! It's inevitable that Strange will have to start using modern conveniences.

But I understand your fears completely. I'm not too keen on seeing Dr. Strange completely 'reinvented.'

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post

I think Batgirl does the whole "trendy" thing pretty well. Though I agree that it would not work on the doctor (mainly because he isn't a young adult girl loving in the hipsteriest neighborhood of his city).

That being said, I could see the neighborhood around the Sanctum Santorum become really popular for internet cafes just so we can have Strange flippantly roll his eyes at the patrons. He can even find a contact with an outlandish Tom Baker scarf.

Fantastic Member

Well, Strange has been shown/mentioned to use computers. To keep apprised of news etc, and apparently hockey scores. I guess writers think because he was raised in Nebraska that would be his thing. There really shouldn't be instagrams, when he has the Illusions of Ikonn. I am sure they have better visuals than anything we can download off the internet. Just sayin'

What are those glowing round things? They look more like Iron Man's arc reactors. And are those batteries floating around him?

I don't know. I do like Sorrentino's art for some things, but his work tends to be about the figures. They don't always integrate with the backgrounds, which some times are too photoshopped for my taste.
    I believe this is Iron Man. I do like the style quite a lot.
    Live Faust, Die Jung.

Is Doctor Strange possessing Iron Man? Cause someone in panel thinks that's Strange. Plus he has an eye on one hand. It's a bit confusing.

Quote Originally Posted by Strangefan View Post
    Well, Strange has been shown/mentioned to use computers. To keep apprised of news etc, and apparently hockey scores. I guess writers think because he was raised in Nebraska that would be his thing. There really shouldn't be instagrams, when he has the Illusions of Ikonn. I am sure they have better visuals than anything we can download off the internet. Just sayin'
    LOL! Of course.

But it's the whole 'share everything with complete strangers' culture that I don't see Strange having much interest in.

Hockey scores? Does Nebraska even have a team?

Is Doctor Strange possessing Iron Man? Cause someone in panel thinks that's Strange. Plus he has an eye on one hand. It's a bit confusing.
    Clea is correct. That is actually Tony Stark, who becomes Sorcerer Supreme in a possible future (the top photo is Magik, who gained the mantle in a DIFFERENT possible future). The speaker confused them (it's the beard )

Doctor Strange by Farel Dalrymple