Page 101 of 116 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 1731
    Fantastic Member

It has been a difficult trudge for an old Doctor Strange fan during Aaron's reign, and I hope to see some actual magic in the next writer's take. I can see a story being done on the destruction of magic, but too much time was spent in that aspect, and far, far too little on the recovery of magic. There should have been more repercussions shown in my opinion. Magic is like art, the absence of it in the world should have been noticeable to everyone. It should have been missed, not just by its users. Aaron just wanted to deconstruct Strange, forgetting the purpose of deconstructing is to rebuild. I am also disappointed that there was no touching on what happened during the months when the universe was reconstructed. It's kind of like, I don't have a plan for that, so I am just going to ignore it.

small press afficionado matt levin's Avatar

Ah Strangefan speaks for me, as well ("It has been a difficult trudge for an old Doctor Strange fan during Aaron's reign"). I've been displeased with DS comics for years! Eons, I tell you--
    but please: keep me informed as the new series unfolds. I am ever-waiting for
    a Return to Doctor Strange.
    Age/Bronze, Age/Reptiles, Alex&Ada, Anne Bonnie, Astro City, Bone, Briggs Land, Cerebus, Criminal, Courtney Crumrin, Eleanor & the Egret, Fables, Fatale, Fell, Grass Kings, Green Valley, Goon, Gotham Midnight, Groo, Hellboy, Hillbilly, Incognegro, Jack Staff, JL8, Jonah Hex, Kane, Lazarus, Little Nemo, Lone Wolf, Next Wave, Popeye, Powers, Princess Ugg, Resident Alien, SiP, Squirrel Girl, Stray Bullets, 10G, Thief of Thieves, Tuki, Uncle Scrooge, Usagi, Velvet

Fantastic Member

The second we see the thoughtful, heroic and powerful Strange we remember, we will most certainly be talking about it here.

Though I didn't like any of the things directly changed about Dr Strange (there will be some who liked his hipster beard, less that stupid axe and Aaron's cost of magic. There can't have been any at all that wanted Strange without his now famous cloak let alone fighting with Negan's baseball bat!)

However I do like his bar without walls, Mister Misery despite the means of his creation and the odd bits of humour "beware the shrubbery ". If we could keep the better part of these but lose the rest I'd be happy. Though I wonder how we could keep Mr Misery whilst losing how he came to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Strangefan View Post
    It has been a difficult trudge for an old Doctor Strange fan during Aaron's reign, and I hope to see some actual magic in the next writer's take. I can see a story being done on the destruction of magic, but too much time was spent in that aspect, and far, far too little on the recovery of magic. There should have been more repercussions shown in my opinion. Magic is like art, the absence of it in the world should have been noticeable to everyone. It should have been missed, not just by its users. Aaron just wanted to deconstruct Strange, forgetting the purpose of deconstructing is to rebuild. I am also disappointed that there was no touching on what happened during the months when the universe was reconstructed. It's kind of like, I don't have a plan for that, so I am just going to ignore it.
    This is the new Marvel method. Blow everything up and tear down a character with no real plan to rebuild and evolve it.

RIP Bernie Wrightson...

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

DOCTOR STRANGE AND THE SORCERERS SUPREME #9
    ROBBIE THOMPSON (W) • JAVIER RODRIGUEZ (A/C)
    Sir Isaac Newton, Sorcerer Supreme of his day, has mastered an ancient, evil magic and has gone power-mad. It’s up to the Sorcerers Supreme to stop him from sending the world – and all of their own individual timelines – into chaos. Unfortunately, even with the Avengers on their side, it seems like they are still no match for Newton.
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

DOCTOR STRANGE #22
    DENNIS HOPELESS (W) • NIKO HENRICHON (A)
    Cover by CHRIS BACHALO
    Variant Cover by NIKO HENRICHON
    Mary Jane variant by Francisco Herrera & Fernanda Rizo
    SECRET EMPIRE TIE-IN! With the incredible current events in NYC, Strange must ally himself with some unsavory people. No, Spider-Woman isn’t unsavory, though the Doctor is allying with her. It’s Wilson Fisk, a.k.a. the Kingpin. That’s who we’re talking about.
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

I see people calling him "the Doctor" and kind of chuckle.

His concept is very similar to Doctor Who, just with magic instead of aliens. Maybe that's why I like him so much...or maybe I'm a sucker for magic in general.

Seeing the movie (which I really enjoyed, don't know about others) really re-invested me in the character after a long time of assuming Marvel was just tring to sweep him under the rug. It's interesting to learn about past Sorcerers Supreme, particularly Ayesha in my case (Storm's ancestor).

I have to wonder why more writers don't embrace the possibilities Doctor Strange represents? It feels like it should be a fantasy playground, a perfect source for some outlandish stories and truly trippy characters -- in fact, that's one of the best things about the good Strange stories I've read. I guess this whole "grounded in reality" trend is what's wearing it down. Shame.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post

DOCTOR STRANGE AND THE SORCERERS SUPREME #9
    ROBBIE THOMPSON (W) • JAVIER RODRIGUEZ (A/C)
    Sir Isaac Newton, Sorcerer Supreme of his day, has mastered an ancient, evil magic and has gone power-mad. It’s up to the Sorcerers Supreme to stop him from sending the world – and all of their own individual timelines – into chaos. Unfortunately, even with the Avengers on their side, it seems like they are still no match for Newton.
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

DOCTOR STRANGE #22
    DENNIS HOPELESS (W) • NIKO HENRICHON (A)
    Cover by CHRIS BACHALO
    Variant Cover by NIKO HENRICHON
    Mary Jane variant by Francisco Herrera & Fernanda Rizo
    SECRET EMPIRE TIE-IN! With the incredible current events in NYC, Strange must ally himself with some unsavory people. No, Spider-Woman isn’t unsavory, though the Doctor is allying with her. It’s Wilson Fisk, a.k.a. the Kingpin. That’s who we’re talking about.
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99
    I know Hopeless is going to write Jess well, and probably Fisk too, but there's still the question of the Doc himself...

And it's weird seeing Strange working with street-level types like this, but I guess that's what he's being forced into these days .

BANNED

Thought it would be funny if Stephen somehow won the poll.

https://mobile.twitter.com/noobde/st...77973465272320

Maybe; maybe in Avengers Infinity War

Strange skipping October, coming back with a new team November

Writer Donny Cates and artist Gabriel Hernandez Walta with Jordie Bellaire and Mike Del Mundo with Covers

I haven't been getting Doctor Strange presently as I'm not a fan of the current version and I wasn't interested in paying for a Secret Empire tie in. Perhaps I'll jump back in November.

How's everyone else been finding it lately?

Quote Originally Posted by mreddie View Post
    Strange skipping October, coming back with a new team November

Writer Donny Cates and artist Gabriel Hernandez Walta with Jordie Bellaire and Mike Del Mundo with Covers
    I love Cates' "God Country", so I'm really looking forward to this. Cates' "Buzz Kill" was a lot of fun too.