Page 109 of 116 FirstFirst ... 95999105106107108109110111112113 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,635 of 1731

"What happens when there's no more magic in the Marvel Universe?"

The Aaron run?

BANNED

Is Clea still around?

Good question.

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post
    I mean, I feel like hubris has always been an issue for Strange, dating back to his origin. I haven't ready every back issue out there, but it seemed to be something he tends to struggle with.
    you probably have a point but I just don't remember it being so on the nose like this. I haven't followed Strange religiously but from the older appearances I've read he wasn't like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I know Aaron really started doubling-down on having him act Tony Stark-lite.
    I see

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    I'd argue that the movie version was more mature than Aaron's. But yeah, Stephen being a snarky womanizer is a relatively new thing. You got a little bit of it in Matt Fraction's Doc, but Jason really hammered it home.
    gotcha thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post

Can someone provide context on this scan please? Were Dr. Strange's mystical abilities at full strength/power? Or were his abilities weakened at that point, and if so, what was the reason behind it?
    I think Bendis did something before Civil War II that weakened magic in the world, but if we are being honest Bendis had pretty much weakened Strange since his New Avengers day. Classic OP Strange is a character that probably isn't coming back.

Quote Originally Posted by Beware Of Geek View Post
    "What happens when there's no more magic in the Marvel Universe?"

The Aaron run?
    Hasn't that been the last three Dr. Strange runs tho?
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    There's a reason people keep complaining about it .

Although I think it's kind of hilarious that Marvel keeps trying to take away the magic from their premiere magic character.

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    Is Clea still around?
    She showed up at the end of the Cates run. They aren't a couple, because reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    It's pretty much been Strange's status quo since 2009. He gets depowered for one reason or another (while every single other magic-using character is perfectly fine), wanders about for a story arc or two "learning lessons", and regains his powers just in time to be passed to a new writer who comes up with the mind-bogglingly original idea of depowering him again.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Cool

This was Just Recently Posted in the Anime Discussion Part II Thread Recently and I also posted it in the Iron Man and Thanos threads as well. Since Doctor Strange is such a Pivotal Part of this Battle I felt that his Thread was also one of the Best places to Post it since he is so Epic in the Fight!

This is Taking a Battle that was Already Epic, Making it PLUS ULTRA EPIC!!!

Just Watch;

"By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Fantastic Member

I would solo watch that movie!! Thanks for posting

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Strangefan View Post
    I would solo watch that movie!! Thanks for posting
    Glad to Have Posted it and Very Happy you Enjoyed it Strangefan, it is indeed Epic and Gets My Hype in various Fandoms I have, espicaly Anime and Marvel, a Excellent Blend of Genres!

Here Some Artwork to Enjoy as Well!

"By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Anybody besides me enjoying Mark Waid's run so far?
    "Only the Hulk could have attempted it! Only the Hulk could have been capable of it! Only the Hulk could have done it!" - Tales to Astonish #63

"Hulk can do ANYTHING!!! Hulk is mind over matter, mind over energy, mind over mind" - Lord Smash'emall aka Gamma Ra the Assassin aka Gamma Irradiated Being

Quote Originally Posted by Gamma Irradiated Being View Post
    I'm really enjoying it so far. Strange is a character that I didn't really read when I was a kid, but I have become a HUGE fan since I've gotten older. They are very few characters I like more than Strange now.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    Glad to Have Posted it and Very Happy you Enjoyed it Strangefan, it is indeed Epic and Gets My Hype in various Fandoms I have, espicaly Anime and Marvel, a Excellent Blend of Genres!

Here Some Artwork to Enjoy as Well!

That is incredible art. As a always thanks CJStriker.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    I'm really enjoying it so far. Strange is a character that I didn't really read when I was a kid, but I have become a HUGE fan since I've gotten older. They are very few characters I like more than Strange now.
    I've always enjoyed all of the major Defenders i.e. Strange, Namor, Surfer and Hulk ever since I first learned of them. As far as Doctor Strange, I admit I haven't read the last series, but this one started out on a good note. Hopefully Waid comes up with some unique and fun things for him to do. I really like the idea of Strange forging his own tools.
    "Only the Hulk could have attempted it! Only the Hulk could have been capable of it! Only the Hulk could have done it!" - Tales to Astonish #63

"Hulk can do ANYTHING!!! Hulk is mind over matter, mind over energy, mind over mind" - Lord Smash'emall aka Gamma Ra the Assassin aka Gamma Irradiated Being

Quote Originally Posted by Gamma Irradiated Being View Post
    I didn't like the way it started (depowered AGAIN?), but the last issue was great. There aren't many comics nowadays that can make me say "Now, why didn't I think of that?"

(Oddly, the only major magic tool I can think of that Stephen crafted was also a "forge": the Gaian forge from the Quinn run. And even that was made up of other people's artifacts.)

My only real concern, based on upcoming solicits, is the idea that spoilers:
    this isn't the real Stephen Strange, which is why his memory is wonky.
    end of spoilers

It would be a shame if spoilers:
    all this character development went to waste.
    end of spoilers

I didn't like the way it started (depowered AGAIN?), but the last issue was great. There aren't many comics nowadays that can make me say "Now, why didn't I think of that?"

(Oddly, the only major magic tool I can think of that Stephen crafted was also a "forge": the Gaian forge from the Quinn run. And even that was made up of other people's artifacts.)

end of spoilers

end of spoilers
    In agreement here. I've liked it from the first issue, but as you stated in the spoilers, I'd wouldn't like it either.

end of spoilers

end of spoilers

I also get weary when writers feel they have to depower a character, especially when it fairly recently happened to them. I'm not sure where Waid is going in the next few issues. Maybe we'll find out why Strange was depowered and hopefully it'll be a good reason. I can't wait to see what Strange comes up with.