Page 112 of 116 FirstFirst ... 1262102108109110111112113114115116 LastLast
Results 1,666 to 1,680 of 1731

Quote Originally Posted by Beware Of Geek View Post
    Thanks for sharing. This reminds me of the way Tony works.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Strangefan View Post
    For the first time in a very long time I have been enjoying the comic, story as well as art. Not quite sure where they are going with revelations in newest issue, but I have a little more faith in the writer and will give him a chance to tell his story. No matter what, it will be pretty.
    For sure.No matter how good the story is.And i think the Doctor Strange stories by Mark Waid have been great,the art in the new Doctor Strange comic book will be great with the curent artist.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    It really is. I did really read Strange's comics until a few years ago, but I have liked him more and more as I've read him and he has become one of my all time favorite comic characters.
    I re-started Reading comic books some years ago.And i was surprised that Doctor Strange did not had a own comic book for quite some time untill the Jason Aaron run of this character.Because i remember in the past he always had a own ongoing comic book more or less.While i did not disliked the Aaron run in Doctor Strange,it have been the stories by Mark Waid that to me made the stories of Doctor Strange a must read.
    And this is said by someone that was not even much of a reader of Doctor Strange stories .Not counting with the original stories by Stan Lee and Steve Dikto,The Oath limited series by Brian K. Vaughan and Marcos Martin,or the stories of him in the classic Defenders and more recently in New Avengers

Any recommendations for someone wanting to get into the magic side of Marvel and Dr Strange?
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Any recommendations for someone wanting to get into the magic side of Marvel and Dr Strange?
    Anything written by Roger Stern, really. But TRIUMPH & TORMENT is a nice OGN, with some great early Mignola art.

uh.. so what exactly is going on here? Why two doctor strange's? Is this permanent? One guy for Earth and another guy for Outer Space?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    uh.. so what exactly is going on here? Why two doctor strange's? Is this permanent? One guy for Earth and another guy for Outer Space?
    These sound like questions that reading the comic will answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Well, that's the big question, no?

My theory is that Space!Strange is some sort of aetheric projection, which is why his memory is all wonky. Something sort of like the "Strangers" of the David Quinn run.

I also think that they will either recombine, or Space!Strange will overwrite the other, somehow, as he will still be around after this arc, based on upcoming solicits.

Anything written by Roger Stern, really. But TRIUMPH & TORMENT is a nice OGN, with some great early Mignola art.
    The Triumph and Torment was the first thing I read about Dr. Strange and it made me a fan of the character.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Triumph and Torment it is. Thanks for the recommendation.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Astonishing Member

Agreed.
    I would add the The Doctor Strange:The Oath limited series by Brian K. Vaughan and drawn by Marcos Martin.

small press afficionado matt levin's Avatar

Does no one else wonder if Dr. Strange #2 (whichever one it is) is Dr. Stranger Yet?
    Age/Bronze, Age/Reptiles, Alex&Ada, Anne Bonnie, Astro City, Bone, Briggs Land, Cerebus, Criminal, Courtney Crumrin, Eleanor & the Egret, Fables, Fatale, Fell, Grass Kings, Green Valley, Goon, Gotham Midnight, Groo, Hellboy, Hillbilly, Incognegro, Jack Staff, JL8, Jonah Hex, Kane, Lazarus, Little Nemo, Lone Wolf, Next Wave, Popeye, Powers, Princess Ugg, Resident Alien, SiP, Squirrel Girl, Stray Bullets, 10G, Thief of Thieves, Tuki, Uncle Scrooge, Usagi, Velvet

Hmmmm, Why doesn't Earth Strange have his recently repaired by Loki, levitation cloak?

Quote Originally Posted by matt levin View Post
    Does no one else wonder if Dr. Strange #2 (whichever one it is) is Dr. Stranger Yet?
    No, he had the face of a warthog.