Page 116 of 116 FirstFirst ... 1666106112113114115116
Results 1,726 to 1,731 of 1731

I've never thought that demon like shape on his tunic made much sense. Isn't he one of the good guys? A heavily stylized tree of life symbol would have been more appropriate. Perhaps five arms/branches, two each side, all terminating with a circular device of some kind, with the top one ending at the the Eye of Agamotto. There's a tradition of something similar to this with some tribal shamans having a tree of life on their robe/tunic relating to their travels within a spirit world Tree of Life. Through the inside of trunk and branches to other worlds at their terminals.

I guess Ditko wanted Strange to appear spooky and dangerous in the first story, and the demon shape sort of stuck.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Indian Ink View Post
    There's often an influence from contemporary fashion. In the nineties and early noughties there was a lot of Trench coats with untucked shirts or with fancy waistcoats. At a certain point earlier, he had a swashbuckling version of his traditional (Duran Duran, Princess bride perhaps?) Then madmen slim suits came in (or back in) and we got one of my favourites The Oath suit. More recently the bad cosplay, larp, hipster suit. And now this futuristic version. Not sure where this ones coming from, unless it's a bleed through from the marvel movies, though ironically not Dr Strange's Movie one if that's the case.
    Even though I usually like the original costumes, I loved that "Trenchcoat" costume. Fancy waistcoats. What can I say?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. White View Post
    Agreed. I did mean on a personal note. The "new" ones were often too similar to the "original.
    Yeah I get you. But there's a time and place for flappy clothes. I mean imagine casting a spell and your finger snags on your shirt. Rather than opening a portal you create bubbles...
    Maybe that's part of the difficulty of being a magician. You have to be dexterous enough to avoid getting your fingers tangled in your clothes. LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Indian Ink View Post
    Well Strange's more billowy tunics stopped halfway down his forearms. Then of course for the rest of the length, he had those long gloves.
    Which now that I think about it, those gloves were kind of like surgeon gloves.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

I wonder if we’ll ever get a Jeff Lemire written Doctor Strange book. I love Waid’s run, but I’d love to see him down a horror/mystical type storyline. Maybe get Rafael Albuquerque on art duties. That book would be absolutely sublime.
    35163C03-7F1E-4F33-9F69-7A26AB5A1D9E.jpg
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    I wonder if we’ll ever get a Jeff Lemire written Doctor Strange book. I love Waid’s run, but I’d love to see him down a horror/mystical type storyline. Maybe get Rafael Albuquerque on art duties. That book would be absolutely sublime.
    35163C03-7F1E-4F33-9F69-7A26AB5A1D9E.jpg
    Lemire has announced he is going the Brubaker route and leaving work for hire behind, concentrating on creator-owned stuff and doing TV work, so I doubt you will see him on any Marvel book in the future, let alone Doc specifically.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

BANNED

I think Lemire has made a wise decision.

This thread can be locked, a new one is started:

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...reciation-2019