Page 14 of 116 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464114 ... LastLast
    BANNED

That's pretty cool! Do you know who did the art?

I'm at my old place, and the fireflies are going nuts in the back yard. They are blinking faster than Christmas lights. It's awesome. As long as you don't have a problem with flashing lights. When I see things like this, it makes me feel magical.

Ultimate Member

I just had a thought about the movie. Do we think that Clea would be in it? She's a really cool character and I'd love to see her appear.

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    I just had a thought about the movie. Do we think that Clea would be in it? She's a really cool character and I'd love to see her appear.
    I hope for at least a cameo from her. I'd like to see the first film be about Strange's origin, while in the second film he can go to the Dark Dimension.

Fantastic Member

I don't think they've made a Marvel movie without a love interest of some sort. Pepper, Sharon, I'm blanking on Thor's astrophysicist lady. For them not to have Strange's most significant love interest would be shocking to me. The movies don't follow the comic totally, so I don't see why they can't introduce Clea as being a refuge living with the Ancient One, for him later to find she's a refuge from another dimension. While I want to see Dormammu, I am hoping for three movies, and you need to save him for the big bad. But you do need to hint about him, much like Thanos, to build up just how bad he can be. Let him deal with his oldest enemy, Mordo, someone Earthbound, but who does later become a servant of Dormammu. Let that lead him, plus his relationship with Clea, to the Dark Dimension. Think of what a third movie that could be, him and Clea battling to restore her rightful position as Queen.

I get digital comics, so should shortly get to read an actual Strange oriented comic in a few minutes. Yippee!!

Was looking through Alan Davis' site and found this:

Lovely work as always from Davis and Farmer

Quote Originally Posted by Rheged View Post
    That's pretty cool! Do you know who did the art?

I'm at my old place, and the fireflies are going nuts in the back yard. They are blinking faster than Christmas lights. It's awesome. As long as you don't have a problem with flashing lights. When I see things like this, it makes me feel magical.
    I just bought a copy at Comixology. The story is adorable. I will be LOLing forever. The writer is Jai Nitz. The artist is Greg Smallwood.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mermaid View Post
    I hope for at least a cameo from her. I'd like to see the first film be about Strange's origin, while in the second film he can go to the Dark Dimension.
    I'm of two minds about whether or not I'd like the movie to be an origin film. I'm so familiar with Strange's origin that seeing a film version wouldn't be as interesting to me as it might to fans who aren't as familiar with the character. You're probably correct, though. Personally, I'd rather that they start in medias res, with Strange already established as Sorcerer Supreme, and then then include a flashback summary of his origin. To be honest, I'm so delighted that Marvel is doing a Strange movie that I'm sure I'll like it now matter what they do.

As for Clea, I do very much hope that she's in the film, either as a prominent character or at minimum, as a cameo lead-in to the next film. She's an integral part of Strange's world, though you wouldn't know it from the way that Marvel ignored her existence over the last several years while Strange has been involved with the Avengers. Readers who only know Strange via New Avengers have never even heard of her. If she doesn't even have a cameo appearance or a mention in the movie, then I'll take it as a strong indication that Marvel intends to erase her from their ongoing continuity. That would be a shame. Speaking of Clea, have you seen this print by Adam Hughes? So pretty. I really like his work.
    Clea by Adam Hughes.jpg
    Live Faust, Die Jung.

Fantastic Member

Marvel was late to download my comics to my account, and now the reader is frozen, but I must get to work. If no one posts a summary, I will post one when I get back from work. I did read NA 20, and Strange gets some big action, but it is the annual I am really wanting to read.

Wow. So Strange finally got a showing today. Not sure how I feel about it.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    There's a good chance Clea ends up in a Doc Strange movie.

The only thing taking away from that is they might want to use one of Doc "normal" love interests like Victoria Bentley or Morgana Blessing instead.

BANNED

Can't wait to get my New Avengers Annual!

Extraordinary Member

I think he will have a romance.

Extraordinary Member

People. Theres something I'm stuck on.

Around 6-8 years ago, I was reading a free comic and I remember it showed a boy, young helping his sister who fell over her bike, and he had to bandage her up, it was like a flashback, with modern colours. I'm really stuck on it, was it Stephen?

Magick is Everywhere

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mermaid View Post
    QFT; I think that's how the first two movies should go.

Magick is Everywhere

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    Was looking through Alan Davis' site and found this:

Lovely work as always from Davis and Farmer
    Dear god, if they could get someone to write Strange properly, put those three together for a Dr. Strange ongoing STAT~!

Fantastic Member

This post will be discussing New Avengers Annual So if you don't like to be spoiled, please skip this post.

I think that the Annual comes before issue 20. Neither issue seems to totally hinge on the other, except they show the lengths that Strange will go to in order to do his job. The annual has the lovely watercolor art, which really suits the good Doctor. It did seem the colors were a bit limited, lots of red, yellow and white.

The Annual goes back and forth in Strange's life. When he was an arrogant physician, sure of his ability, to him being the Sorcerer Supreme, willing to sacrifice every bit of himself, also a bit of arrogance there.

In the present the problem is the monks, expanding their dimensional exploration in a search for knowledge. Doing so, they manage to find a parasitic demon, that in turn possesses the daughter of an emperor, a powerful mystic even though she is a child. The monks are afraid that the demon cannot be separated from the girl without killing her, and she is their greatest student.

In the past, the problem is obviously more mundane. Martha, a teaching doctor, is trying to prepare her students for the cases they can't solve, and Strange interrupts, cocky that he's always been able to save all his patients. All you need is the drive to succeed, basically. We all know where that will go. Yes, Martha introduces Strange to Colin, a guy with an inoperable tumor, and there is a child there who calls her Auntie Martha, but I think it is more of an honorary title. Strange steals the file, and promises the child he will save his father.

Back in the present Strange enters the astral plane, and the artist depicts him without the cloak. It looks like Vol 2 New Avengers, when Strange had the caplet or whatever at his waist. He goes and faces the demon to find out that destroying the demon will kill the girl.

Past-Never use anything with the word "Gamma" in it Strange, ask Bruce Banner about that, pretty please. Anyway, Strange decides the newly devised Gamma Knife will get that nasty tumor out of there, right in time for Martha to discover he not only stole the file, but went behind her back to speak with family to operate. Martha is not pleased, because Colin had reached peace with his death. Stephen has too much hubris to see that this is beyond his skills.

Present-Battle in the background. The boxes tell us Strange's point of view, that the difference between strength and weakness is basically how much you are willing to pay, and that he has given himself to darkness, and he won't be denied. Unfortunately, he is being denied, because he isn't winning and the demon points out he is holding back. Strange is still determined to win. Mentioning his previous experience with Ebony Maw of having someone in his mind, he simply isn't having that again, no matter what the cost. So he uses Blood Magic to make himself similar in scale to the demon, to match him size for size. Strange proceeds to kick demon Ass, because he is beyond pissed. The demon acknowledges that Strange is more powerful, but in destroying it he will kill the innocent girl.

Past-yep, Strange operates, guy dies, and little boy is heart broken. Martha hopes Strange will finally learn his lesson, that everything has a price. And it is high time Strange paid the price. Strange needs to learn that lesson, and sadly, he learns it really well, because I think that is why he has been behaving as he has for some time. Willing to sacrifice every bit of himself to protect his world.

Present- Strange offers an alternative to the demon, take him instead. Demon jumps at the opportunity to inhabit the SS, he can destroy the universe!! Unfortunately Strange basically swallows him whole and locks him away inside, not exactly what the demon thought was going to happen. Meany, lying to a demon. Strange awakens to the real world in a basically black and white panel. His eyes are red, though, never a good sign.

Then, in gratitude the monks laud Strange for saving their precious pupil, and the price he had to pay in doing so, vowing to assist him in his great pain. Nope, that is what should have happened, but no, this is the current kick Strange in the stomach and cause him more anguish stage of the story. Girl recoils in horror from him and the monks call him the greater demon for using forbidden blood magic. They basically say he is unwelcome and tell him to go.

Issue ends with Strange stating he has become what the world requires him to be, and he has paid the price.

Very much an elegantly drawn downer. I still think that before Strange gets his movie things have to look up, and perhaps this is showing his nadir, I mean, he is walking around with an extra-dimensional parasitical demon inside him. He has to be in great spiritual and physical pain, and he just deals with it. I think the fellow heroes of Marveldom need to bloody well take better care of their SS, because he is literally destroying himself in front of them.

Long, long post, sorry. Tried to keep it as concise as possible, but for those who can't read it for a while, I wanted it to be informative as possible.