Page 6 of 116 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Very nice picture. Does show where his heart is.

Original Sin is turning out to be like NA. Doctor Strange has very little to do, (all of it already shown in the preview-sans words) and then back to the science. At least in June he will have an issue based on him. This is one long drought.

Fans of classic Doc Strange artist Frank Brunner might want to keep their eyes out for this book:

It has a few unreleased Doc and Clea pieces by Brunner that he has done over the years, plus a whole bunch of other fantasy art by him. It came out abut 10 years ago, but I still see copies floating around here and there at cover price or less.

-M

Fantastic Member

I remember this artist drawing Doc a long time ago. I see Amazon lists one of his books, not this one with the unreleased pictures, so I am going to at least get that one. Thanks for the memories.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by xMatt View Post
    Woo for Dr Strange!

Do you guys/girls have any scans of your favourite Dr Strange moments? Or of him doing things that are awesome?
    "Everything Dr. Strange does is awesome!" No, wait, that's Dr. DOOM.

I don't have any Dr. Strange scans collected. His encounters with any of the abstracts are usually AWEsome, in the literal sense. I am also fond of his encounter with Shuma Gorath.

And here's a great CBR article by Brian Cronin, with some assistance from a huge Dr. Strange fan, P aka Sanctum Sanctorum Comix.

Greatest Dr. Strange Stories Ever Told

And a 'Respect' thread from ComicVine: http://www.comicvine.com/doctor-stra...thread-547971/

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    I know there are a bunch of caveats to this 'feat,' (Galactus was at his weakest, and was being pounded on by the combined Avengers and Fantastic Four), but it's still awesome;

http://www.supermegamonkey.net/chron...VsGalactus.jpg
    O_O

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Strangefan View Post

Original Sin is turning out to be like NA. Doctor Strange has very little to do, (all of it already shown in the preview-sans words) and then back to the science. At least in June he will have an issue based on him. This is one long drought.

Meh it made him look dumb. Well yes Dr. Strange a bullet could not kill that but come on its not like a standard bullet can put down the watcher either so clearly they are not firing run of the mill ammunition.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Am I the only one who hears Vincent Price when reading his dialogue?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRV5raXCDkA

Vincent Price has such a distinctive voice, but no, that's not how I imagine Strange sounds like. Now, I have to think WHO he does sound like.

Quote Originally Posted by dupersuper View Post
    Some great pics, but this one is amazing! Frank Brunner, right?

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    Fans of classic Doc Strange artist Frank Brunner might want to keep their eyes out for this book:

It has a few unreleased Doc and Clea pieces by Brunner that he has done over the years, plus a whole bunch of other fantasy art by him. It came out abut 10 years ago, but I still see copies floating around here and there at cover price or less.
    s
    -M
    Speaking of Brunner ...thank you for the heads up. He's definitely one of my favorite Dr. Strange artists, so it will be cool to see what else he's done.

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    Just got a new frame for one of my favorite Dr. Strange prints (the old one cracked when I went to change the spot where it was hung) and put the print up in one of the rooms we recently redecorated....

-M
    Great print and a lovely new frame!
    Last edited by Rheged; 05-22-2014 at 01:08 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Strangefan View Post

Quote Originally Posted by JaggedFel View Post
    Meh it made him look dumb. Well yes Dr. Strange a bullet could not kill that but come on its not like a standard bullet can put down the watcher either so clearly they are not firing run of the mill ammunition.
    This sounds disappointing. Hopefully will be able to read it tomorrow.

BANNED

Actually I think I liked Strange better in the 1st Issue when the Punisher is wondering where they are going that was some good humor.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JaggedFel View Post
    Actually I think I liked Strange better in the 1st Issue when the Punisher is wondering where they are going that was some good humor.
    Okay, so #2 doesn't make eveyrone wish for a Strange / Punisher book, like Brevroot thinks.
    Last edited by Rheged; 05-22-2014 at 01:14 PM.

BANNED

Dr. Strange getting manhandled by Reed.

NEW AVENGERS #22 & 23
    Jonathan Hickman (W) • KEV WALKER (A)
    Issue #22 - Cover by DALE KEOWN
    Issue #22 - AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D. VARIANT BY STEPHANIE HANS
    Issue #23 - Cover by CHRISTIAN WARD
    Issue #22 - “THIS IS THE VERY END...”
    • The Illuminati shatters under an exploding planet.
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99
    Issue #23 - ”OF ALL THAT WE ONCE WERE”
    We follow the members of the now-broken Illuminati through their last day on Earth.
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

Which doesn't include Namor and Dr. Strange, if we're to go by their absence on the cover.

Here's a Doctor Strange-focused preview for Original Sin #4!

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...eview&id=21786

“Have courage and be kind. Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.”
    Cinderella

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by broski View Post
    Here's a Doctor Strange-focused preview for Original Sin #4!

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...eview&id=21786
    Hadn't seen that. Thanks for posting that!

Four issues in and Strange and Punisher are still in that other dimension and chatting. Hmmmmm.

At least he's appears central in the covers. Though, Black Widow's boobs are even more dominating.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/im...iant-50c81.jpg

And this is just teasing us. Or is it trolling? :P Punisher shooting the heck out Wolverine, and Hulk trying to run from Strange?

http://www.comicbookresources.com/im...over-7185d.jpg

BANNED

Yeah does not seem we are making much progress. This is going to be slow. Marvel events never move quick enough, I suppose most comics are just not dense enough. I hate to be that guy but u can afford to be slower in a manga when ur coming out every week.

Astonishing Member Lady Warp Spasm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rheged View Post
    NEW AVENGERS #22 & 23
    Jonathan Hickman (W) • KEV WALKER (A)
    Issue #22 - Cover by DALE KEOWN
    Issue #22 - AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D. VARIANT BY STEPHANIE HANS
    Issue #23 - Cover by CHRISTIAN WARD
    Issue #22 - “THIS IS THE VERY END...”
    • The Illuminati shatters under an exploding planet.
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99
    Issue #23 - ”OF ALL THAT WE ONCE WERE”
    We follow the members of the now-broken Illuminati through their last day on Earth.
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

Which doesn't include Namor and Dr. Strange, if we're to go by their absence on the cover.
    Thanks for posting the credits too, Rheged. Since I'm not reading NA, I would have missed the fact that Kev Walker is illustrating these. I'm thrilled to see him getting higher profile books.

I can't really comment on the cover since I haven't read NA in over a year.
    archer * magician *soldier * spy

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rheged View Post
    Okay, so #2 doesn't make eveyrone wish for a Strange / Punisher book, like Brevroot thinks.
    Maybe Brevroot meant it makes everyone wish Strange had a book, period. People seem to want him there to show how important their story is, but they don't allow the character himself to be important. I need to really lower my expectations, and extend the time frame in which I assumed (which one should never do) Strange would get a bit more of the spotlight.