Page 9 of 116 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959109 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Just got this news, but then see it is posted at the header. Just more information regarding a strong possibility of a Doctor Strange movie director.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hea...-doctor-709117

Encouraging that they have this close to getting a director and are looking at writers, so I am really hoping they will announce a 2016 movie announcement at San Diego Comic Con.

Spectacular Member

His origin story lends itself well for a movie.

hopefully as the movie gets started we will start to see more Doctor Strange trades and such. and hopefully, a new ongoing.

Ultimate Member

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit...news/?a=101237

If true, it'd be an unexpected yet intriguing choice. He's a great actor (he just won an Oscar) and he's proven that he can make radical physical transformations for various roles.

Astonishing Member Lady Warp Spasm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post

If true, it'd be an unexpected yet intriguing choice. He's a great actor (he just won an Oscar) and he's proven that he can make radical physical transformations for various roles.
    Seconded. Leto's always stood out to me in what little I've seen him in. And it's cool that I did not even think of him for casting.

Now, Marvel... about a Doctor Strange series already.
    archer * magician *soldier * spy

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post

I'd be down with this, if it's true.

Fantastic Member

I've come up with a drinking game for people who drink a little too much. Rules: Every time Doctor Strange gets more than one page you take a shot. Every time Doctor Strange has a panel that hasn't already been shown in preview you get two shots. So, except for a couple a months ago, you haven't had a drink for some time. This could work.

Original Sin is a great premise, but the focus seems to be on every body other than Punisher/Strange so far. I do hope they actually get to do something before it is over. Although Strange being basic happy that he is irritating Punisher is a bit amusing. Although I could have sworn last issue this extra dimensional location has Man Eating Shadows, and this issue Strange calls it a sacred place. I guess if you don't like people from Earth, it could be sacred.

At least we got the goodness about a Doctor Strange Movie Director, and I really like the rumors of Leto taking the role.

Quote Originally Posted by Strangefan View Post
    Original Sin is a great premise, but the focus seems to be on every body other than Punisher/Strange so far. I do hope they actually get to do something before it is over. Although Strange being basic happy that he is irritating Punisher is a bit amusing. Although I could have sworn last issue this extra dimensional location has Man Eating Shadows, and this issue Strange calls it a sacred place. I guess if you don't like people from Earth, it could be sacred.

At least we got the goodness about a Doctor Strange Movie Director, and I really like the rumors of Leto taking the role.
    I think several characters are just there to be there (Moon Knight and Gamora are prime examples), so at least Stephen and Frank have something to do. I do enjoy the Stephen/Frank moments (they are entertaining), but yeah I am confused about the location where they are. Sacred yet filled with Man Eating Shadows?

I bet you're right about the SDCC announcement.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Strangefan View Post
    Just got this news, but then see it is posted at the header. Just more information regarding a strong possibility of a Doctor Strange movie director.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hea...-doctor-709117

Encouraging that they have this close to getting a director and are looking at writers, so I am really hoping they will announce a 2016 movie announcement at San Diego Comic Con.
    FINALLY! Solid news on the movie.

Of course, this is mitigated by the fact that I've never head of this guy or seen any of his movies. But then again, I'm not a big horror movie fan. May have to gird my loins and watch one them.

Quote Originally Posted by Rheged View Post
    FINALLY! Solid news on the movie.

Of course, this is mitigated by the fact that I've never head of this guy or seen any of his movies. But then again, I'm not a big horror movie fan. May have to gird my loins and watch one them.
    You should be fine not seeing any of his work. I've found the less I know about films and comics with characters I love and crew/creative teams I do not, the more enjoyable it is.

Given how producer-driven the Marvel movies are, I would focus less on the director himself (although I saw the commercial for his upcoming movie last night and it looked credible) and mostly take from this that Marvel is going for more of a horror tone with the Dr Strange movie. I think it's cool news.

Quote Originally Posted by heiro5 View Post
    Given how producer-driven the Marvel movies are, I would focus less on the director himself (although I saw the commercial for his upcoming movie last night and it looked credible) and mostly take from this that Marvel is going for more of a horror tone with the Dr Strange movie. I think it's cool news.
    I'm still not sure that it will be horror even in the light of so many PG-13 films... I suspect it will more dark fantasy than horror. Although I can see why folks would speculate this given the director's resume.

So there will be something major with Strange post OS and they have a "great writer" on board. That's good news from today's AiC post.

Well some news/rumors on the Doc front today. First in Alex in Charge, Alonso mentioned they have a writer on board for a new Strange solo series post Original Sin, no artist attached yet, so release is not imminent, and no other details, and Bleeding Cool reported one of the trade papers has a story that Marvel's seeking to talk to the representatives of Tom Hardy and Benedict Cumberbatch about the role of Doc Strange....I consider all of these good things....

-M

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    Well some news/rumors on the Doc front today. First in Alex in Charge, Alonso mentioned they have a writer on board for a new Strange solo series post Original Sin, no artist attached yet, so release is not imminent, and no other details, and Bleeding Cool reported one of the trade papers has a story that Marvel's seeking to talk to the representatives of Tom Hardy and Benedict Cumberbatch about the role of Doc Strange....I consider all of these good things....

-M
    Cumberbatch has been my fancast for years so...fingers crossed.

Great news about the potential new solo, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Cold_War_Myth View Post
    I'm still not sure that it will be horror even in the light of so many PG-13 films... I suspect it will more dark fantasy than horror. Although I can see why folks would speculate this given the director's resume.
    Of course Marvel is not making an R-rated gory, scare-some-kids-to-tears horror movie. It's not what I am saying. The director pick suggests that the tone of the movie will be in a suspenseful towards-horror vein.

Horror isn't necessarily the things Marvel isn't going to do, either. Look at a 100-year-old Lovecraft story. About as far as you can get from the prose equivalent of today's R-rated horror films. Still horror. And again, not what I'm saying Marvel is necessarily doing, but a flavor it seems they will incorporate.

Meanwhile Cumberbatch and Tom Hardy are both encouraging reports. Great actors I could see doing right by the character.