Page 97 of 116 FirstFirst ... 478793949596979899100101107 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,455 of 1731
    Astonishing Member Lady Warp Spasm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by creedpatton View Post
    The biggest Doc Strange collection in the world is up for grabs!: http://www.ebay.com/itm/132026325628
    Depressing to see Howard fly the coop he and Ptor (who also seems very disenchanted now) were so very giving in their enthusiasm and fannishness for Doctor Strange. I'd be all over this if funds were unlimited, but it just breaks my heart to see such long time fans throw in the towel. To their defense though, the utter crap Marvel Comics have released in terms of Stephen for many years have come to a head with the garbage Aaron and his peers are offering up now.
    archer * magician *soldier * spy

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Warp Spasm View Post
    Depressing to see Howard fly the coop he and Ptor (who also seems very disenchanted now) were so very giving in their enthusiasm and fannishness for Doctor Strange. I'd be all over this if funds were unlimited, but it just breaks my heart to see such long time fans throw in the towel. To their defense though, the utter crap Marvel Comics have released in terms of Stephen for many years have come to a head with the garbage Aaron and his peers are offering up now.
    The current writing is utter garbage, I agree. Eventually Aaron will leave the book though. There's always hope that a new writer will do a better job with Strange and with Marvel magic in general (which Aaron doesn't seem to understand at all).
    Live Faust, Die Jung.

Astonishing Member darewithpeace's Avatar

i would totally buy doctor strange bluray, that would be the first movie i bought since the vhs era
    we can be heroes, just for one day

What are the chances Roger Stern of ever coming back to write Doc? I would also personally love to see Bendis do Doc - I'm sure he'd treat him right, being the main character of the book and not just a fall guy in the background.

Bendis would probably take away his Sorcerer Supreme status and replace him with another hero.

Oh wait, that already happened in New Avengers .

Quote Originally Posted by creedpatton View Post
    What are the chances Roger Stern of ever coming back to write Doc? I would also personally love to see Bendis do Doc - I'm sure he'd treat him right, being the main character of the book and not just a fall guy in the background.
    I would love to see Roger Stern write Doctor Strange again. Wouldn't that be grand? Stern had a great understanding of the character, and his stories were always well-written and entertaining.

Bendis...um, no thank you. I am not a fan of his version of Strange.
    Live Faust, Die Jung.

BANNED

Loving the fame Strange is getting :P, wish his comic could resemble the character but anyway.

Thought these were fun

BANNED

This one as well

Just read Doc #15 - and I think it's the worst issue yet - and possibly even the worst Doc comic I have ever read (and man, there sure was some horrible stuff in the 90s). Aaron continues to disrespect the rules of magic, even the ones he's recently introduced himself - so how can the main protagonists use magic on Earth to perform inter-dimensional entreaties and travel through dimensional portals, when Doc is unable to perform even the simplest of spells? On the other hand, despite the current trend of showing Doc as a completely 'powerless' wimp, Doc Strange and the Sorcerors Supreme is turning out to be vastly more enjoyable.

Do hope that we get a fully repowered Strange at some point and that this isn't the status quo. I'm more interested in him speaking to the Vishanti and making entreaties with the members of the Octessence. That interests me more as it taps into his existing mythology and expanding on it. Like I'd like to see the Octessence fleshed out more. That's just my opinion though.
    Quote Originally Posted by t hedge coke View Post
    Darkseid doesn't invade with a fleet of ships. Darkseid chills on your couch, embarrasses and humiliates you, and won't leave. And he drinks everything in your fridge.

Who has powers and who doesn't, makes absolutely no sense. And having Strange pulling what ever he needs for the moment from his 1960's TV Batman utility belt; sorry his bag of artifacts, is just poor writing. At it stands, I'm pretending it's not Strange, but the adventures of mystic apprentice, Malcolm the Magician! It reads better that way.

small press afficionado matt levin's Avatar

In a poll of survey-respondents (ie., pretty much NOT a comic book crowd) asked, "Who is the best magic user?" of the five choices provided:
    Harry Potter, 3960 votes (34% of respondents);
    Merlin, 2280 (19.8%);
    Gandalf the White, 2223 (19.3%);
    Mary Poppins, 2054 (17%);
    Doctor Strange, 984 (8%)..... considering he's just had a major motion picture, that's sad.
    I think
    Indian ink
    provides a pathway.
    Age/Bronze, Age/Reptiles, Alex&Ada, Anne Bonnie, Astro City, Bone, Briggs Land, Cerebus, Criminal, Courtney Crumrin, Eleanor & the Egret, Fables, Fatale, Fell, Grass Kings, Green Valley, Goon, Gotham Midnight, Groo, Hellboy, Hillbilly, Incognegro, Jack Staff, JL8, Jonah Hex, Kane, Lazarus, Little Nemo, Lone Wolf, Next Wave, Popeye, Powers, Princess Ugg, Resident Alien, SiP, Squirrel Girl, Stray Bullets, 10G, Thief of Thieves, Tuki, Uncle Scrooge, Usagi, Velvet

Quote Originally Posted by matt levin View Post
    In a poll of survey-respondents (ie., pretty much NOT a comic book crowd) asked, "Who is the best magic user?" of the five choices provided:
    Merlin, 2280 (19.8%);
    Doctor Strange, 984 (8%)..... considering he's just had a major motion picture, that's sad.
    I think
    Indian ink
    provides a pathway.
    Actually, if this was a poll of average (non-fannish) folks, or even just non-comics fans, the fact that Dr. Strange ranked in the top 5 is quite good. Pretty much everybody has heard of the other four characters listed here. Even a couple of years ago, I doubt that even a good percentage of comics fans really knew who Dr. Strange was.
    Live Faust, Die Jung.

small press afficionado matt levin's Avatar

True, Clea... if only-- but actually the five names were provided and respondents were asked to rank them. That Strange even made the list, I suspect, was due to his movie last year. And yeah, I think the point is that everybody's long been acquainted with at least the names of the others. Kinda pleased Merlin outranks everybody other than Potter, considering his antiquity...
    Age/Bronze, Age/Reptiles, Alex&Ada, Anne Bonnie, Astro City, Bone, Briggs Land, Cerebus, Criminal, Courtney Crumrin, Eleanor & the Egret, Fables, Fatale, Fell, Grass Kings, Green Valley, Goon, Gotham Midnight, Groo, Hellboy, Hillbilly, Incognegro, Jack Staff, JL8, Jonah Hex, Kane, Lazarus, Little Nemo, Lone Wolf, Next Wave, Popeye, Powers, Princess Ugg, Resident Alien, SiP, Squirrel Girl, Stray Bullets, 10G, Thief of Thieves, Tuki, Uncle Scrooge, Usagi, Velvet

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by matt levin View Post
    Merlin, 2280 (19.8%);
    I think
    Indian ink
    provides a pathway.
    Wouldn't really blame anyone. The Doctor Strange film was great, but magic really just came off as technology. Different devices with different functions. In Harry Potter and ETC they actually perform spells, and whatnot.

It really made the Sorcerer Supreme title feel unwarranted.