Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    1. Dr. Psycho still being a WW villain, good.

2. Oh please don't bring back the "bracelets" weakness again. That's one of the stupidest weaknesses possible and I had hoped that we were long past it.
    Agreed on both counts.

Besides, didnt Johns have Batman tell us that there is no Kryptonite for Diana? Now there is?
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    I'm intrigued by the idea of "chaining" Wonder Woman.

It doesn't necessarily have to be the bracelets thing, but the idea that there may be some magical ritual or spell out there that can produce the same effect would be interesting.

I'm a fan of heroes having power loss weaknesses, and while I'll admit the bracelets thing isn't the best version of it in the world, I really like the idea of there being SOMETHING that a less-powerful rogue can do against Diana.

But yeah, I don't think it'll be the bracelets weakness. It'll probably be more of a binding spell or ritual or some such. It's a fine idea, it just needs a modern touch.
    I really like your version. Much, much better.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hurt View Post
    Besides, didnt Johns have Batman tell us that there is no Kryptonite for Diana?
    There could be two reasons for that: 1. Batman doesn't know everything (Could it be???) or 2. there could be a weakness that came along with becoming god of war. If there's a "magical ritual or spell" like Vanguard was supposing, maybe it's an ancient defense against War. That would have to mean that the Society's information is very current, since she just became god of war; but we don't know their sources, so it could be.

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    It could kill Batman too, but that doesn't mean it will.
    Batman is not a god.

Anyway, so far in the new52 Wonder Woman was not shown to have that stupid weakness. So it's all good.
    "It is the dawn that brings the pain, the night that brings the dream."

"Come find me when you wake up."

More from JL #30. It seems like even after 5 years, the leaguers are still trying to reign WW in, who still hasnt adjusted to the rules and morality of this world. Five years later, she still needs to be told that criminals dont get executed on the spot in the US. And i'd wager that even Azzarello's murderzones wouldnt do that either.

BANNED

Diana on JL never change her violent ways

it's just like JL3000 with flash trying to calm down WW

Yeah, he just doesn't get her. I've really tried to give Johns the benefit of the doubt with her, and he's had a few good moments with her, but overall he just doesn't see the faults in his total characterization. I mean the trash talk is one thing, I got no problem with that, but when you then go out of your way in the narrative to make sure that its known that she genuinely means it, then I raise a brow.

It would have been if Lobdell had written Superman as threatening Orion again after their first fight "You know, I really would have hospitalized you, I wasn't just mad!"
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 05-21-2014 at 08:17 PM.

Astonishing Member

More from JL #30. It seems like even after 5 years, the leaguers are still trying to reign WW in, who still hasnt adjusted to the rules and morality of this world. Five years later, she still needs to be told that criminals dont get executed on the spot in the US. And i'd wager that even Azzarello's murderzones wouldnt do that either.

I didn't like that dialogue, but to me it seems just rhetorical--like someone saying "I really wish I could just kill that guy," nut not really intending to do it. The sword doesn't go to this thoat when they actually meet.

Quote Originally Posted by Silvanus View Post
    I didn't like that dialogue, but to me it seems just rhetorical--like someone saying "I really wish I could just kill that guy," nut not really intending to do it. The sword doesn't go to this thoat when they actually meet.
    Yes but Barry seems geniunely conserned here and he feels like he needs to remind her that they dont decapitate criminals in the US. He also feels uneasy later on when Lex asks WW to put her lasso around his neck. Barry grabs WW by the shoulder and in an awkward "i am not sure what this woman might do" manner asks her to place it around his wrists instead.

BANNED

Yes but Barry seems geniunely conserned here and he feels like he needs to remind her that they dont decapitate criminals in the US. He also feels uneasy later on when Lex asks WW to put her lasso around his neck. Barry grabs WW by the shoulder and in an awkward "i am not sure what this woman might do" manner asks her to place it around his wrists instead.
    seems like she is always close to kill somebody, always using too much brute force. the difference between her and Superwoman aren't that big

Metallo needs a redesign.

Astonishing Member

Sure, but Barry's not a mind reader, so this doesn't prove that Diana actually would have done what he'a afraid she might possibly do. He knows her, true, but nevertheless, I can see how he might overreact; he's a bit of a straight arrow, a little prone to play "by the book," and so he's not quite sure what to make of Wonder Woman's warrior words in this scene, especially considering that Forever Evil has left her in a bad mood.. I thought his concern about Diana putting the lasso around his Lex's neck was a funny gag by Johns. (Someone may point out that she can't like while hilding or wearing the lasso, but I don't think hyperbole is a lie if she didn't mean for it to be taken quite literally._

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Silvanus View Post
    Sure, but Barry's not a mind reader, so this doesn't prove that Diana actually would have done what he'a afraid she might possibly do. He knows her, true, but nevertheless, I can see how he might overreact; he's a bit of a straight arrow, a little prone to play "by the book," and so he's not quite sure what to make of Wonder Woman's warrior words in this scene, especially considering that Forever Evil has left her in a bad mood.. I thought his concern about Diana putting the lasso around his Lex's neck was a funny gag by Johns. (Someone may point out that she can't like while hilding or wearing the lasso, but I don't think hyperbole is a lie if she didn't mean for it to be taken quite literally._
    well considering other WW moments by h=johns, like her saying why her villains gallery are short, it's not hard jump in conclusion that she would kill lex or metallo.

Wonder Woman in JL is a lost cause. It's not that she is violent, it's that she is boring while being so. She just threaten people, and hold them by the throat, and point her sword, and meh meh meh!
    "It is the dawn that brings the pain, the night that brings the dream."

"Come find me when you wake up."

Does he say "YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!" after that? =P

I wonder if Gadot will be wearing that attire.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

I didn't like this scene very much either but after digesting it for a few hours I thought:

1.) We've never seen Diana kill a human foe in Justice League. She killed some Parademons and supposedly slit a child kidnapper's throat according to Waller but Waller could have been mis-informed or Diana had proof of(such as walking in when it happened) the child kidnapper doing something more despicable to the child(ren) he kidnapped. That would be enough to make a lot of people kill someone.

2.) Diana could be mostly, if not all talk to intimidate the villains. As for the Flash, he could be playing "good cop/bad cop" with Diana to make Metallo believe Diana and hopefully get him to inform Luthor that the League means business.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Absolute Power, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Birds of Prey, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Justice Society of America, Shazam, Titans, & Wonder Woman.