Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Silvanus View Post
    I didn't say she cuts heads off; I said she expressed eagerness to do violence or even cut off heads. See?:

I was thinking of the time when Batman says "we don't cut off heads" and WOnder WOman said "I do."

I understand now, thanks.

As for Diana's comment, she could have meant the heads of monsters or other types of mythological beasts like the Hydra, Medusa, or............centaurs.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    I agree with you that Johns' Wonder Woman is violent but some assumptions and reaching appears to be at work here. We have seen no actual proof that she has killed anyone other than Parademons. All there has been is talk about killing. Not a single dead body has been presented.

I don't care for how she slashed Hal with her sword, fought Superman and caused collateral damage, or how she lassoed Hephaestus by the neck in order to get him to talk but that doesn't make her a mass-murderer.
    Johns' Wonder Woman routinely engages in ultra-violence and needless aggression toward people. Often people who are either her friends or who are opponents who never stood a chance against her. She has also shown ZERO of her social graces and/or compassion.

Azz Wonder Woman has done a few things that only really you define as "ultra-violent" or "needless," and has also shown her social graces, compassion and her prowess as a redeemer.

There is no contest as to which Wonder Woman more closely resembles the Wonder Woman you want to see, so I'm really not sure why you're defending Johns' abomination here.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    Johns' Wonder Woman routinely engages in ultra-violence and needless aggression toward people. Often people who are either her friends or who are opponents who never stood a chance against her. She has also shown ZERO of her social graces and/or compassion.

Azz Wonder Woman has done a few things that only really you define as "ultra-violent" or "needless," and has also shown her social graces, compassion and her prowess as a redeemer.

There is no contest as to which Wonder Woman more closely resembles the Wonder Woman you want to see, so I'm really not sure why you're defending Johns' abomination here.
    Yeah, this are exactly my thoughts. You have to change the meaning of everything she does in JL and literally close your eyes to what is written right there.
    "It is the dawn that brings the pain, the night that brings the dream."

"Come find me when you wake up."

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post

I'm sorry, Vanguard-01. I have a lot of respect for you but I just don't see Azz's Wonder Woman in the same light that you do. She's more like a Frankenstein-version of the Diana I know having some of her old qualities while having some very unrecognizable ones as well. I'm not saying that Johns' version is vastly better but at least she's not all myth all of the time.

I don't want to keep going round and round with you or Silvanus and see things get heated here so I'm hoping we can just agree to disagree at this point.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    2.) Chaining Wonder Woman's bracelets together appears to neutralize her(probably in Pre-Crisis fashion). I think this works well in that if the bracelets come off, she's amped up but if you chain them together, she's a regular Amazon.
    If only Batman knew, he'd have something to put in his little box and wouldn't need to count on Superman beating up his girlfriend if she ever goes nuts...

Quote Originally Posted by dupersuper View Post
    If only Batman knew, he'd have something to put in his little box and wouldn't need to count on Superman beating up his girlfriend if she ever goes nuts...
    As I said earlier, it remains to be seen if the "chain her bracelets" weakness is what Dr. Psycho is talking about.

I see three possible scenarios.

1.) Johns IS about to bring back the bracelet-chaining. In which case, he'd better be ready for a pretty severe backlash because a lot of Wonder Woman fans don't like that weakness.

2.) Dr. Psycho's talk of "chaining Wonder Woman" refers to some NEW way to neutralize her powers. A binding spell, some kind of ritual, or maybe just a unique magical restraint device that can de-power her. This is the scenario I'd like best. I think Diana should have some kind of exploitable weakness to let weaker villains actually have a chance against her, but the bracelet trick has some not-so-nice connotations to it.

3.) It's possible that this whole thing is a crock. I haven't been able to find the issue, but pre-Flashpoint, there was one story where Diana was taken down by some villains who THOUGHT that having a man chain her bracelets would de-power her. As we all know, that weakness disappeared post-Crisis, so those villains were tragically mistaken. Diana woke up and broke out of her restraints with the greatest of ease. They could do the same thing here: Dr. Psycho BELIEVES that chaining Diana will de-power her, but if he actually tries it, he may be in for a rude awakening.

As far as Batman? Well, it's easy to say that he's just never seen Diana "chained" as Psycho describes. Thus? He can't prepare for something about which he doesn't know. Second? Even if the bracelet-chaining weakness is coming back, that weakness really only worked for Wonder Woman when she was nowhere near as strong, fast, and tough as she is today. Batman can't realistically chain Diana's bracelets himself. He grabs her wrists, tries to force them together and slap on the cuffs? He can't even budge her arms and Diana flattens him. So it still isn't a perfect solution for Diana anyway. It'll take someone as strong as her or stronger to successfully restrain her.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Some reason 'chaining' can't mean binding Wonder Woman in her own lasso? "We know the secret of binding Wonder Woman," might not have flowed, as well, in the script. Perhaps, that is why 'chaining' was used.

Maybe, we shouldn't get so hung up on that one word.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Dyer View Post
    Some reason 'chaining' can't mean binding Wonder Woman in her own lasso? "We know the secret of binding Wonder Woman," might not have flowed, as well, in the script. Perhaps, that is why 'chaining' was used.

Maybe, we shouldn't get so hung up on that one word.
    That's why I like my second scenario. A binding spell or something could "chain" Diana in the sense of chaining her powers and/or her will. The word "chaining" can be metaphorical. There don't have to be actual chains, although in my binding spell scenario, the idea that one could enchant a set of chains with a binding spell that can depower Diana is a possibility.

I don't think Dr. Psycho is talking about binding Diana in her own lasso, though. So far, her lasso has shown no signs of neutralizing the powers of anyone bound by it. Thus? If Diana is bound by her own lasso, all that means is that she can't break out of her restraints. It doesn't mean her powers are gone in any way. Oh, if you tie her up in a way that prevents her from moving much (if at all) you greatly limit her escape options, but you're still dealing with a powerful woman who can't be easily killed. If Diana were tied up in her own lasso, there's really nothing stopping her from just flying away to somewhere where she can get herself untied.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Good to see Doctor Psycho still in the game.
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 05-24-2014 at 04:36 AM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!