Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Action Comics 40 Preview

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Oh. My. GOD. YES!!! This is just what I needed! Time for Pak to stretch is legs and tell some out of the box story with the man of steel. This preview has me so hyped! This seems to be Bizarro and Bizarro world from the new multivrese. That's awesome part one. Bizarro seems to be the hero of this backwards world. Awesome part two. There seems to be this rebel element in this world aside from Superman that's making things hard. Awesome part three. And dat art, son!!!!

I also love how Superman is just placed in this situation by virtue of just being Superman. He just ends up there and the story begins. No muss, no fuss, but just fun. Also nice to still see the super beard. I'm hoping for more universe jumping for our man of steel in the future.

Yeah, I was wondering if they'd show how he got there in the first place, but now that I think about it, it doesn't really have to be explained. So not looking forward to this going on hiatus.

I'm so glad it's not being poked and prodded in regards to how, or why the story happens. It feels, to me anyway, a nice return to form of the Superman who can have any adventure. I mean we as fans say it a lot, and writers play lip service to it a lot, but in the end it's hardly shown anymore. That spontaneity of the character is gone. We're so tied down by relationship woes, and explanations as to when he'd find the time for such adventures that he never really has them. So this sort of feels like it's taking him back to that classic open up with Superman already on some mind bending adventure by virtue of just being himself. Who cares what's going on anywhere else with anyone else. If it has nothing to do with the story they I could care less.

Thinking on it more I find myself particularly excited to see the new 52 Superman (less sure-footed, slightly doubtful of himself, and a bit of a normal guy) deal with an adventure like this. Just getting put into craziness and having to roll with it.

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

Weird that he has the beard after fighting Xa-Du, but as Superlad said, that kind of thing pointedly doesn't matter here. I sure hope this is proper Earth-29; either way it looks like a hoot, hope to see more stories like it in the future. And glad Kuder's drawing the whole thing.
    Buh-bye

Spectacular Member Hopeful Hero's Avatar

THIS!!

This preview proves once more how Pak kicks off the issue with instant spontaneous fun. Especially with Bizzaro Lois "you am so pretty." Ha! Classic. I caught myself laughing aloud after reading the first 5 pages. Loved it. And I agree with the above posts once in awhile you don't need an explanation for supes having his wondrous adventures. Sometimes it's better to just accept it and enjoy it for what it is. Bless you, Pak you rock!
    "So as I pray, Unlimited Pak Works!"

Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post
    Weird that he has the beard after fighting Xa-Du, but as Superlad said, that kind of thing pointedly doesn't matter here. I sure hope this is proper Earth-29; either way it looks like a hoot, hope to see more stories like it in the future. And glad Kuder's drawing the whole thing.
    Dude, I'm hoping that after the hiatus it matters less for all the titles. The beard is like Pak's signature for the character. And if we could get more and more stories like this with less pomp and circumstance needed to give us a fun adventure I'd be quite happy. Really have some fun with the character with the sort of range seen in Adventures of Superman (obviously not AS much range but still). Stories from the larger scale to the smaller depending on if Pak has a story to tell, and I'm sure he would.

PS Who else noticed that Superman said his adventure was happening on a Wednesday? That little bit of meta makes it feel sorta like a fun "Saturday morning" cartoon. Like "join me next Wednesday for more out of this world adventure, folks!" Love it!
    Last edited by Superlad93; 03-09-2015 at 07:12 PM.

Astonishing Member

Well, that was genius.

Astonishing Member

This looks terrific. I've been itching for a good Bizarroverse story lately, and having just read, well, a lot of re-reads, but notably All-Star Supes and the Multiversity Guidebook and bearing in mind that I'm okay with the TAS and Johns versions of Bizarro too (frankly, the more Bizarros the better; I see you Earth-16 Kon-El!) I was hoping this would be the Earth-29 "Htrae" Bizarroworld.

Explanations; totally unneeded. But I did sort of assume this was just a "lost mission" from the Doomed black hole and Convergence preamble until his dialogue put it last in the Pak Run. But whatever. Multiversal cosmic elasticity bounced Supes in. Or it's an actual mystery for him to solve while dealing with Bizarros in Bizopolis. Whatever.

I need it to be business hours already.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

"Injustice League! Hug the bunnies!"

Just an amazing comic book
    Favorites: Batman, Superman, All-New Wolverine, Deathstroke, Detective Comics, Green Lanterns, Doom Patrol

Always Rakzo

This was really good and it actually makes me excited for the new Bizarro book.

But the way he lost his beard though. That was hilarious.

I am gonna miss it though.

BANNED

That is a close to the Classic Bizarro we will get so I'm happy. Minus the trunks he looks as Bizarro should look. I know I won't need to worry about how he acts as Pak has it down when it comes to Superman and his characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Lexrules View Post
    That is a close to the Classic Bizarro we will get so I'm happy. Minus the trunks he looks as Bizarro should look. I know I won't need to worry about how he acts as Pak has it down when it comes to Superman and his characters.
    Glad you can find something to like with this, man.