Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by thecrimson View Post
    Well I'm still holding out for Peter and Cindy in the comics.
    Don't. Cindy has her own title. And Marvel has already made it clear they don't want Peter in a relationship with a superheroine.

Astonishing Member

Well I'm still holding out for Peter and Cindy in the comics.
    There's nothing wrong with holding out for Peter and Cindy. But based on her new series thus far, she wants to keep away from Peter Parker as far as romance goes. As well as the fact that she got bitten by the same radioactive spider that bite Peter, which might make them brother and sister of the same spider.

We will get to see more Silk and Spider-Man; but I don't think that it'll be any romantic interest on Silk's part.

Member Since Jun 2009 thecrimson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Don't. Cindy has her own title. And Marvel has already made it clear they don't want Peter in a relationship with a superheroine.
    Well if I'm correct, a lot of ships are of people who won't get together. So I think I'm safe.

Slightly off-topic, who would Peter get with in the comics? I know some people hope for MJ to return and RYV might introduce that again, but I can't think of any other female characters that are eligible.

Astonishing Member

It wasn't Marvel that said it. It was Dan Slott. There's nothing wrong with Spider-Man in a relationship with a super heroine anymore than Hawkeye in a relationship with a super heroine. It's all on the writer. If another writer wants to do a relationship with Spider-Man x super heroine, they can do so as long as it develops in the same manner as all of Peter's past friendships.

Astonishing Member

Well if I'm correct, a lot of ships are of people who won't get together. So I think I'm safe.

Slightly off-topic, who would Peter get with in the comics? I know some people hope for MJ to return and RYV might introduce that again, but I can't think of any other female characters that are eligible.
    Betty Brant.

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    Betty Brant.
    Isn't she with Flash?

It should definitely be MJ, but a more comic-inspired version of the character. I don't think we need to re-tread the Kirsten Dunst ground. They need to leave Gwen alone for a while, because Emma Stone's brilliant portrayal of her is still fresh in audiences' minds.
    “Marvel Fan Rave Podcast” on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, and more.

Marvel loves to ship tease Peter and MJ every chance they get. They still do that in the Spider-Man Unlimited mobile game. And the new movie is being worked on now, while RYV is set to be released.

It wasn't Marvel that said it. It was Dan Slott. There's nothing wrong with Spider-Man in a relationship with a super heroine anymore than Hawkeye in a relationship with a super heroine. It's all on the writer. If another writer wants to do a relationship with Spider-Man x super heroine, they can do so as long as it develops in the same manner as all of Peter's past friendships.
    I gotta give it to ya, man. You will never stop saying these things despite what everyone else says.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderNerd View Post
    It should definitely be MJ, but a more comic-inspired version of the character. I don't think we need to re-tread the Kirsten Dunst ground. They need to leave Gwen alone for a while, because Emma Stone's brilliant portrayal of her is still fresh in audiences' minds.
    Would you be up for the actress who was going to play MJ in the Amazing Spider-Man films?

Astonishing Member

Isn't she with Flash?
    They broke up. And it wasn't always a happy relationship for either one of them. No different from Liz Allan's relationship with Harry Osborn.

They broke up. And it wasn't always a happy relationship for either one of them. No different from Liz Allan's relationship with Harry Osborn.
    Well then I wouldn't mind that.

Astonishing Member

I gotta give it to ya, man. You will never stop saying these things despite what everyone else says.
    Hi Kevinroc,
    It's called integrating the characters into the story without using the word "Relationship with a Super Heroine". Always good to show and not tell. They have done that with several Marvel characters by means of placing some of them in normal everyday civilian roles(career professions) that doesn't take much away from the main character in their respective self titled series like Iron Man and Captain America for example.
    Last edited by Darthfury78; 03-10-2015 at 02:42 PM.

Would you be up for the actress who was going to play MJ in the Amazing Spider-Man films?
    Absolutely. I was in support of her since they first cast her back in late 2012.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderNerd View Post
    Absolutely. I was in support of her since they first cast her back in late 2012.
    Yeah, she was perfect. I forgot her name, but she recently said she's all for playing MJ.

Yeah, she was perfect. I forgot her name, but she recently said she's all for playing MJ.
    Shailene Woodley