"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Default New Vertigo Comic: Wolf Moon by Cullen Bunn

http://bloody-disgusting.com/exclusi...ies-wolf-moon/

Well this is good for various reasons:
    1. New series for Vertigo and they could always use one (With the end of Unwritten and Fables on the horizon, it's best to get some more books out)
    2. This is explains where Jeremy Haun has wandered off to after leaving Batwoman.
    3. Cullen Bunn is a good writer and I hear his Indie stuff is quite impressive.
    4. Werewolves. They need a good story with vampires and zombies being so rampant and all over the place.

What do you guys think? You interested?

King of the Dragons Mister Ferro's Avatar

Between this & Snyder's American Vamp + Wytches I'm set on monster books!

*EDIT*

Jae Lee does gorgeous looking covers:

Sold.

I’m glad DC brought Bunn in but Lobo and Sinestro aren’t for me.
    Basically any Vertigo mini is a must purchase.

Planning my Nov mail orders this is what I’ll get from Vertigo:

Astro City #17
    American Vampire second cycle #7
    Coffin Hill #13
    Kitchen #1 (OF 8)
    Bodies #5 (OF 8)
    Names #3 (OF 8)
    Royals Masters of War TP

How many books does Bunn write? o.O
    BB

This looks friggin awsome, totally on my pull list.

This comic has been so good. Anyone else caught up? I just read #5. The penultimate issue ended on a tension high, and I can;t wait to see how things work out (or if they do).

This comic is just further proof that Cullen Bunn needs to be given the Swamp Thing title. He has been churning out one brilliant horror mini after another, and all of them could have easily been retooled to be terrifying Swamp Thing arcs. A return to using Swamp Thing to tell real horror stories instead of big canon shaking epics. I already begged him on his CBR board to save the Swamp Thing title from its cancellation, and he said that while you generally don't pitch to DC that you want to revive a title, but if they come to him and ask for a pitch because THEY wanted to revive it, he would have a hell of a pitch for them. This needs to happen, people. Hell, even if he does take the Scott Snyder approach and tell one big arc instead of a bunch of small ones, he'd still do 50x better than Charles Soule.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragdoll View Post
    This comic has been so good. Anyone else caught up? I just read #5. The penultimate issue ended on a tension high, and I can;t wait to see how things work out (or if they do).

This comic is just further proof that Cullen Bunn needs to be given the Swamp Thing title. He has been churning out one brilliant horror mini after another, and all of them could have easily been retooled to be terrifying Swamp Thing arcs. A return to using Swamp Thing to tell real horror stories instead of big canon shaking epics. I already begged him on his CBR board to save the Swamp Thing title from its cancellation, and he said that while you generally don't pitch to DC that you want to revive a title, but if they come to him and ask for a pitch because THEY wanted to revive it, he would have a hell of a pitch for them. This needs to happen, people. Hell, even if he does take the Scott Snyder approach and tell one big arc instead of a bunch of small ones, he'd still do 50x better than Charles Soule.
    Agreed 100%, he is a ST natural. Please DC, make it happen!

2ST01.jpg

Astonishing Member Shinglepants's Avatar

Read #1 a couple of weeks ago and was pretty impressed and decided I'd read the rest of it. Bought 2-5 last night and was equally impressed.

Nice to see the much neglected Werewolves get some love and I really like this fresh spin on the Werewolf legend. Shame it's only 6 issues, hope it's something Bunn revisits and there's much potential.

This comic ended this week, and what a great ride it was. I'm not a fan of werewolves or vampires, but this was a totally unique take on werewolves. Now Bunn needs to write a vampire story and reinvent that genre, too!
    spoilers:
    I really hope the ending was implying there will be a return to this series, and not just to leave us with a terribly unhappy ending.
    end of spoilers