Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Fantastic Member AwesomeUsername's Avatar

Default Superman #41 early solicit.

Written by Gene Luen Yang.
    Art and cover by John Romita Jr. and Klaus Janson.
    The Joker variant cover by Karl Kerschl.
    On sale June 24.
    32 pages, FC, $3.99 U.S.
    Rated T.
    The epic new story line “TRUTH” continues with the debut of the amazing new creative team of new writer Gene Luen Yang ("American Born Chinese") and continuing artists John Romita Jr. and Klaus Janson! What will happen when the big secret is revealed?

No collar? No lines? Sleeves don't extend beyond the wrists? Fans rejoice?

Source

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AwesomeUsername View Post
    Written by Gene Luen Yang.
    Art and cover by John Romita Jr. and Klaus Janson.
    The Joker variant cover by Karl Kerschl.
    On sale June 24.
    32 pages, FC, $3.99 U.S.
    Rated T.
    The epic new story line “TRUTH” continues with the debut of the amazing new creative team of new writer Gene Luen Yang ("American Born Chinese") and continuing artists John Romita Jr. and Klaus Janson! What will happen when the big secret is revealed?

No collar? No lines? Sleeves don't extend beyond the wrists? Fans rejoice?

Source
    Hmm....that is interesting for a number of reasons...

First...the costume....that is NOT in any way the Jim Lee suit.

but....is that even New 52 Superman in that pic?

I'm just throwing this possibility out there....and this is just based on this picture, the implication of the secret ID being revealed, the loosening of continuity post convergence.

Is it possible that the Superman we follow in SUPERMAN, at least for this arc...is from another earth?

Or more specifically, could this be set on an entirely different Earth....perhaps a Pre-Flashpoint earth?

Perhaps something that survives Convergence?

Or perhaps a never seen before Superman from a different never before seen earth?

Or is DC just trolling us?

Either way i'm intrigued.

Nice! I'm very excited about this!

BANNED

Looks cool, its probably not Superman.

Then again you never know if its just because his hair is burned off, of if theres a coloring/drawing issues as their have been numerous times.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Doesn't the suit like form itself onto Superman like the symbiote? Couldn't it just be forming after his outerwear has just been blown off? It pretty interesting that his hair is burnt (I'm guessing). Maybe this is all after a Super-flare expulsion incident and he was more vulnerable. He looks to be at ground zero of some blast (maybe of his own or not). Whatever the case is, I'm very much looking forward to Yang's writing and taking things as they come.

BANNED

I think you are all missing the obvious right in front of you. This is not the New 52 Superman that made it through Convergence but this is in fact the Bronze Age Superman who has made it through. I really have a feeling that the New 52 Superman does not survive the Convergence.

Just a hunch but a strong one I have.

Spadassin Extraordinaire Auguste Dupin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lexrules View Post
    I think you are all missing the obvious right in front of you. This is not the New 52 Superman that made it through Convergence but this is in fact the Bronze Age Superman who has made it through. I really have a feeling that the New 52 Superman does not survive the Convergence.

Mmmmm......
    Nah.
    Hold those chains, Clark Kent
    Bear the weight on your shoulders
    Stand firm. Take the pain.

alright everyone no need to dig too deep into something that's not even there. That is still New 52 Superman because DC wont shoot itself in the foot by alienating all of the new 52 fans that have no idea of the history of a bronze age character. Also this is just another showing of how terrible JRJR's drawing is. You are telling me that you are drawing the COVER of a book and the only person on it is the title character and we can't even recognize him? That is just bad and I am disappointed.
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Action Comics, Detective Comics, Green Lanterns, The Flash, Aquaman, Titans, Justice League, HJATGL, Supergirl, Superwoman, DC Bombshells
    Marvel: CANCELLED (good luck with your seasonal approach and constant reboots... I'll miss the characters though)
    Zenescope: Grimm Fairy Tales

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Auguste Dupin View Post
    Mmmmm......
    Nah.
    I'm telling you. That is what the Big Secret is. All characters making it through won't be from the New 52.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MikeMC005 View Post
    alright everyone no need to dig too deep into something that's not even there. That is still New 52 Superman because DC wont shoot itself in the foot by alienating all of the new 52 fans that have no idea of the history of a bronze age character. Also this is just another showing of how terrible JRJR's drawing is. You are telling me that you are drawing the COVER of a book and the only person on it is the title character and we can't even recognize him? That is just bad and I am disappointed.
    They have done it time and time again. What makes you think they wouldn't do so again. It would bring back older readers who moved away and that is what they are aiming for. The New 52 is to new for anyone to have any really problem being reprogrammed into this Older/ Newer Superman. The new 52 is only 5 years old which is not even a blip on the radar in comics.

Spadassin Extraordinaire Auguste Dupin's Avatar

I'm telling you. That is what the Big Secret is. All characters making it through won't be from the New 52.
    I refer you to my previous "nah".
    More seriously, I see no evidence supporting your claim appart from one very bad piece of artwork that doesn't even feature anything specific to the Pre Crisis Superman. The "Big Secret" is obviously Superman's identity (so, if anything, if Superman was from another universe, it would hurt the impact of the story and make the new guy look amateurish for not being able to keep his secret for an entire issue), and there's no evidence in any available sollicit so far of any character being from another universe (the closest would be RoboBatman, but Snyder says it comes from a development of his own run, so no). Add the fact that Pak and Kuder are still on AC (suggesting no big change on their part), and all I can add is, y'know, "nah".
    Hold those chains, Clark Kent
    Bear the weight on your shoulders
    Stand firm. Take the pain.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    Hmm....that is interesting for a number of reasons...
    It's new 52 Superman, he just got a haircut and Romita drew the costume differently, nothing else to say.

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

No. Obviously no. Anyone suggesting that would be fired if the people in charge stopped laughing long enough to realize they were being serious. They're not going to start from square one after years of building up this new version of Superman to a place of stability in the midst of their most legitimately forward-thinking push in years to dial everything back to 30 years ago in service of a group of fans that have long left, who even if DC could magically get them to start reading again, wouldn't serve them in the long run compared to the newer fans such a move would alienate.

I love me some Maggin/Bates Superman, I'd love to see more of those ideas reincorporated, but the Bronze Age is long gone man. DC isn't going to commit suicide trying to turn the ship of the entire industry around.
    Last edited by Dispenser Of Truth; 03-11-2015 at 09:46 AM.
    Buh-bye

BANNED

All I'm saying is just remember who told you so.

BANNED

no, didio and lee wouldn't allow this. but I would love to see the old and gold wally west