Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksun View Post
    no, didio and lee wouldn't allow this. but I would love to see the old and gold wally west
    They may not have no choice in the matter. Now that WB does not need to worry about losing the rights to Superman It could have come from the higher ups that they want the most successful Superman and the one the general public knows best back.

I think the hammer came down on a lot of people at DC which is what lead to the end of the New 52 and into what we will see after Convergence.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lexrules View Post
    They may not have no choice in the matter. Now that WB does not need to worry about losing the rights to Superman It could have come from the higher ups that they want the most successful Superman and the one the general public knows best back.

I think the hammer came down on a lot of people at DC which is what lead to the end of the New 52 and into what we will see after Convergence.
    nah, Warner won't lose the rights of Superman. I'm pretty sure warner doesn't care about comics, only tv shows, movies, games, where is the money

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksun View Post
    nah, Warner won't lose the rights of Superman. I'm pretty sure warner doesn't care about comics, only tv shows, movies, games, where is the money
    Well, as long as you remember where you heard it from. I may expect apologizes after it's all said and done.

Quote Originally Posted by Lexrules View Post

You think the general public actually knows the difference between bronze age, silver age, golden age, new 52 superman? Thats crazy. Before I started reading comic books if someone had asked me to differentiate bronze age superman and new 52 superman I would have said "one is older and one is newer". I would say that would be most peoples response.
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Action Comics, Detective Comics, Green Lanterns, The Flash, Aquaman, Titans, Justice League, HJATGL, Supergirl, Superwoman, DC Bombshells
    Marvel: CANCELLED (good luck with your seasonal approach and constant reboots... I'll miss the characters though)
    Zenescope: Grimm Fairy Tales

Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post
    No. Obviously no. Anyone suggesting that would be fired if the people in charge stopped laughing long enough to realize they were being serious. They're not going to start from square one after years of building up this new version of Superman to a place of stability in the midst of their most legitimately forward-thinking push in years to dial everything back to 30 years ago in service of a group of fans that have long left, who even if DC could magically get them to start reading again, wouldn't serve them in the long run compared to the newer fans such a move would alienate.

I love me some Maggin/Bates Superman, I'd love to see more of those ideas reincorporated, but the Bronze Age is long gone man. DC isn't going to commit suicide trying to turn the ship of the entire industry around.
    You sir get an award for most logical post in this thread. This is the complete and total truth to the debate and there is no way to refute this comment. Business > Red Trunks.
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Action Comics, Detective Comics, Green Lanterns, The Flash, Aquaman, Titans, Justice League, HJATGL, Supergirl, Superwoman, DC Bombshells
    Marvel: CANCELLED (good luck with your seasonal approach and constant reboots... I'll miss the characters though)
    Zenescope: Grimm Fairy Tales

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MikeMC005 View Post
    You think the general public actually knows the difference between bronze age, silver age, golden age, new 52 superman? Thats crazy. Before I started reading comic books if someone had asked me to differentiate bronze age superman and new 52 superman I would have said "one is older and one is newer". I would say that would be most peoples response.
    Yes, The public still sees Superman as Christopher Reeve which is taken from the Bronze age tales in the 70's of Superman and that look no matter what DC may want to to think is what the general public has and still sees as Superman.

Like I said remember me when it happens and I expect you to be the first in line to say I was right, and if I'm wrong I will still expect a I'm right for coming up with such a cool idea
    Last edited by Lexrules; 03-11-2015 at 12:54 PM.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Superman looks absolutely hideous, not sure how that was a secret.

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MikeMC005 View Post
    Business > Red Trunks.
    Whoa whoa whoa let's not get crazy here. But otherwise, thank you.
    Buh-bye

The current Superman isn't being replaced by an old version. There's just...no chance. Anyone who thinks the suits at the top would think "Hey, you guys need to bring that Superman from 40 years ago back or heads will roll" is dreaming. No order like that is coming down from on high.

Even if the visual oddities are relevant to the actual story, which I'm still not sold they are (oh how many old Superman comics I have where Supes looks really weird on the cover), I don't see how a crew cut indicates an old version of Superman.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 03-11-2015 at 05:06 PM.

BANNED

Your new52 Superman days are numbered, if its not its not today, tomorrow.

They wouldnt be having convergence if it wasnt so.

The only thing that's numbered is the descriptor, since New 52 as a brand name is being retired. So, call him Earth-0 Superman, call him post-Flashpoint Superman, call him Earth-0-post-Flashpoint Superman, or call him wacky inflatable arm flailing tube Superman. This is the guy. For the foreseeable future and in all probability far beyond that. Like post-Crisis Superman the best hope for those unhappy with that is to hope he undergoes various changes throughout the natural passage of time, not that he's going to be swapped out for an actual different version.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 03-11-2015 at 04:02 PM.

Pre crisis would be just as bad under the same writers and editors.

I wanna trust yang but if the best thing up his sleeve is a wacky status quo change, eh...

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    The only thing that's numbered is the descriptor, since New 52 as a brand name is being retired. So, call him Earth-0 Superman, call him post-Flashpoint Superman, call him Earth-0-post-Flashpoint Superman, or call him wacky inflatable arm flailing tube Superman. This is the guy. For the foreseeable future and in all probability far beyond that. Like post-Crisis Superman the best hope for those unhappy with that is to hope he undergoes various changes throughout the natural passage of time, not that he's going to be swapped out for an actual different version.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    Pre crisis would be just as bad under the same writers and editors.

I wanna trust yang but if the best thing up his sleeve is a wacky status quo change, eh...
    I don't trust Berganza that much, but the writers have not been a problem at all. Morrison's origin and Pak's reign on Action have been the best thing for the character in 20 years, and even Lobdell and Johns had okay runs. The only problem Superman's had since the reboot is the unfortunate quick turnover on Superman, and to a much, much, lesser extent, the whole Diggle debacle with Action (only a pretty much non issue because it afforded getting Pak on the title).
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 03-11-2015 at 05:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I don't trust Berganza that much, but the writers have not been a problem at all. Morrison's origin and Pak's reign on Action have been the best thing for the character in 20 years, and even Lobdell and Johns had okay runs. The only problem Superman's had since the reboot is the unfortunate quick turnover on Superman, and to a much, much, lesser extent, the whole Diggle debacle with Action (only a pretty much non issue because it afforded getting Pak on the title).
    I meant more along the lines that if you don't like what you've read, it wouldn't be better with the same creators at bat.

I thought lobdell, Perez, and johns were bad, but I blame editorial for poor planning much more than anything
    Last edited by Kuwagaton; 03-11-2015 at 05:25 PM.